The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday April 12th,

kazu

45 minutes ago, LambKnuckles said:

I'm a newbie,  and lurker...

But these Indian dishes look lovely and delicious.   Thank you! 

I'll learn protocol and how this all works as I continue lurking...

And a huge thank you for these recipe pages!   YUM! 

I'm from Texas and Galveston is my home port.   I've been looking into some HAL cruises and was invited to read this thread.   Cozumel is a frequent port for me...  and mostly on Carnival.  But as a CCL Shareholder,  I'll enjoy benefits on HAL, too! 

Sorry for me blurting out here,  and thank you! 

Welcome to the Daily!  We'd love to have you blurt out a bit more!

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, LambKnuckles said:

I'm a newbie,  and lurker...

I'm from Texas and Galveston is my home port.   I've been looking into some HAL cruises and was invited to read this thread.   Cozumel is a frequent port for me...  and mostly on Carnival.  But as a CCL Shareholder,  I'll enjoy benefits on HAL, too! 

Sorry for me blurting out here,  and thank you! 

Hi and welcome! How I wish HAL would cruise out of Galveston, but sadly we must go west or east. 🥺

I hope you find a HAL itinerary that appeals to you; they're not perfect, but we enjoy them very much.⛴️

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 15

Hello all, and thanks for the Fleet Report, maps, and all the posts.

Cozumel: a few years ago my cousin retired and moved to Cozumel. Then a couple of years ago he built a house for himself. Nice.

Visiting my daughter in Miami today.

• Like 19

Posted (edited)

About my previous post, it did start out with Good Friday Afternoon Dailyites, got the info on how many times I had been there, what we did, and I started posting picture from the museum (these showed up last) and then the miniatures of Mayan ruins, they showed up at the end, with no explanation, and  the guy climbing the pole, and the men walking around the pole.  I have no idea what happened to my written part of my post.

Anyway, if you are looking for something fun to do,  and walking is a problem for you,  the museum, miniatures and Papantla flyers are a great way to spend a few hours.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 17

3 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

...Anyway, if you are looking for something fun to do,  and walking is a problem for you,  the museum, miniatures and Papantla flyers are a great way to spend a few hours.

The pictures of the Papantla flyers were awesome! We saw those recently in an episode of "The Amazing Race" and were in awe. And now I'm seeing them here in greater detail 😊

• Like 13

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am glad we don't have a "Big Wind" day here today.  Where I live it is windy much of the time, you either get used to it or you move!

I have spent the last couple of days, getting one of my credit cards "secured" apparently it wanted to go on a trip with out me.  I am so glad the card company contacted me when the "purchases" didn't look like my usual habits.  But I ran into a problems as they couldn't contact me by phone.................don't forget to update number changes! 

They had the land line that we discontinued a few months ago listed.  So they had e-mailed me, but of course when I call with cell phone they couldn't validate who I was.  Fortunately I was able to drive over to the bank with two forms of ID, the manager then called and verified I was me and we got things taken care of. 

Now I am waiting for an expedited replacement card to arrive as of course we had a road trip planned, and motels are booked on this card!  So last night hubby spent time checking our other accounts and making sure they had our current cell numbers and discontinued the land line.  We keep a couple extra cards so if one is compromised, we are not stranded, but what a headache! 

Have a great weekend and safe travels to all who are off on adventures! 

Denise

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

Hello all, and thanks for the Fleet Report, maps, and all the posts.

Cozumel: a few years ago my cousin retired and moved to Cozumel. Then a couple of years ago he built a house for himself. Nice.

Visiting my daughter in Miami today.

From their (not my!) condo:

image.thumb.jpeg.407c053fe902e855d8a056587c71ba88.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good evening. It continues to rain here, with more flood advisories.

I didn't get much done, because I couldn't stand for long. I was trying to fill the little curio cabinet I have. I needed to clean it's mirror back and all the window parts, as well as the glass shelves. But I'd do a little, be in pain, sit for a while, then get up again and repeat. I was feeling defeated over not being able to do much.

@luvteaching Condolences to you and the family on the passing of DSIL.

@kazu Thanks for the information. I'll have check if there is a new update for my iPad (it's upstairs), but I think it's up to date. I'll try the trick of selecting the last word first tomorrow. I had been thinking of getting a laptop, and got one, and have been using that to post the Cares List. No issue using windows, it's just that Apple messed something up. I used the iPad all the time before.

@marshhawk Wow on those flying performers. 

@LambKnuckles Welcome to the Fleet Report/Daily! We hope to see you posting often.

@CrabbyPatti What an unwelcome adventure with the credit card. One year on a road trip my CC was compromised. Fortunately I had another one with me, as the promised expedited card never arrived.

@YourWorldWithBill Lovely view from DD's condo. Enjoy your visit.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good evening my friends.

I will make this short.  

While yesterday was a happy day for us in that we received good news from Jim’s neurologist, today we received very sad news.

My friend Anita, who had her kidney removed on March 11, passed away on March 27.  Her funeral is Tuesday, April 16.   I only found out about it today.  It makes me so sad.  I never found out what hospital she was in or was able to get in touch with anyone who knew anything.  Her obituary was in the newspaper today.

Please keep her in your prayers.

Thanks 
Terri

• Like 6
  • Thanks 15

Lentils and curry are each OK with me separately, but on the mind's tongue they don't taste good together. No on the drink. Since the wine is a blend of unidentified varieties, I'll go with a Finger Lakes blend from hybrid grapes, i.e., grapes that have some ancestry in species native to North America as well as vinifera varieties: Lakewood's Long Stem Red, a blend of Baco Noir, Dechaunac, Leon Millot, Marechal Foch, Frontenac and Vincent, at $12.

Cozumel was in an itinerary that I cancelled once.

dogfortune.thumb.jpg.33cac17558b96220fcd5144942913677.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, LambKnuckles said:

Lambie

We have a very strict and complicated protocol - Be Friendly! 😎

That is it. You are now considered a Pro!

Ann

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

Sorry Debbie, I lol when I read "blurt out more".... 😀

Always happy to provide a laugh to another soul.  

29 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening my friends.

I will make this short.  

While yesterday was a happy day for us in that we received good news from Jim’s neurologist, today we received very sad news.

My friend Anita, who had her kidney removed on March 11, passed away on March 27.  Her funeral is Tuesday, April 16.   I only found out about it today.  It makes me so sad.  I never found out what hospital she was in or was able to get in touch with anyone who knew anything.  Her obituary was in the newspaper today.

Thanks 
Terri

My condolences, Terri, on the loss of your friend, Anita.  I'm sorry you are just now finding out.  That makes it harder.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good Friday evening everyone!

I finally received my Luggage Forward luggage today from the AUS GV. The past week has been busy with re-entry into reality. Not for the weak hearted! Though I would be ready to cruise again as soon as things are sorted. 😎

I will open the luggage tomorrow to start the task of laundry. Don't want to rush into these things....

I also got my taxes done and they were accepted pretty quickly. Lots of other little tasks needed to be done too, as you can imagine. I also have been sleeping about 9-10 hours a night.  More tired than I thought.

I haven't had the 'off the ship' motion feeling at all, even when in bed. I usually do.

Prayers for all of us and our world. We do need them.

Celebrate the joys in your life no matter how small.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Cheers to a good weekend!!

Caron

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

Good evening.  I had my appointment this afternoon at the ENT.  Unfortunately I had to wait and wait and wait.  I was about ready to tell them I was done, and head home.  He finally came in and began the procedure.  The permission form called it an upper respiratory endoscopy this visit, last time it was called a laryngoscopy but it was exactly the same.  They numb your nasal passages and pass a tiny tube with camera through the nostrils into the throat down to the vocal cords.  Everything still looks just fine.  He said he could refer me to a pulmonologist.  I told him I'd think about it and let them know later in the summer.  Maybe I'll just live with the persistent cough.  It's not like I cough all day long however it is annoying.

Welcome to the Daily @LambKnuckles .  Hope you hang around!  We're pretty harmless. 😁

Sorry about the bad news today Terri @Cruzin Terri.  Prayers for those who knew and loved her. 🙏 Will you be able to go to the funeral?

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Brenda, we enjoyed going into the convenience stores in Japan.  DH even found a good sake in a "milk" carton to take back on the ship.  We also found Coca Cola with added fiber in a vending machine.  To get around the language problem, DH used a translate app on his phone, and it worked.  I don't think many Japanese had seen the app, and they liked it and were amazed

You gave me some giggles!  Missed the fibre coke, lol!  Our first visit was the late the first evening extremely jet lagged.  I bought what I thought were chicken skewers. They unfortunately turned out to be chicken skin skewers😱.  But I loved the peach coke and Katsu sandwiches and hot milk tea! 

welcome @LambKnuckles  ok. I need to know about your name….

@kazu these updates will be the death of me.  Arggh! 

@luvteaching condolences on the loss of your DSIL

@Cruzin Terri my condolences on the loss of your friend!

@seagarsmoker so glad it’s all going well! 

@grapau27 does this mean you are finally going to try HAL?  

IMG_1328.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

DH decided before dinner that his bathroom needed cleaning.  So 3 hours ago I made dinner, he ate, and I have not seen him since.  I cleaned the litter boxes, but have not taken the trash out yet because a really LARGE possum was out eating left over cat food.  Guess I should attempt to do that now.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good evening.  I had my appointment this afternoon at the ENT.  Unfortunately I had to wait and wait and wait.  I was about ready to tell them I was done, and head home.  He finally came in and began the procedure.  The permission form called it an upper respiratory endoscopy this visit, last time it was called a laryngoscopy but it was exactly the same.  They numb your nasal passages and pass a tiny tube with camera through the nostrils into the throat down to the vocal cords.  Everything still looks just fine.  He said he could refer me to a pulmonologist.  I told him I'd think about it and let them know later in the summer.  Maybe I'll just live with the persistent cough.  It's not like I cough all day long however it is annoying.

Welcome to the Daily @LambKnuckles .  Hope you hang around!  We're pretty harmless. 😁

Sorry about the bad news today Terri @Cruzin Terri.  Prayers for those who knew and loved her. 🙏 Will you be able to go to the funeral?

Sorry we were posting at the same time and I missed this.   I’m glad it’s over,I’d encourage you to go the extra step. Sometimes it’s many ups and downs to really find out things and get the appropriate treatment!  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good evening.  Our clear skies gave way to clouds a couple of hours ago.  It is now safe for me to mow the yard as the came to bury the fiber optic cable this afternoon.  They had a trencher, but they opted to do it by hand tools.   With our hard soil and rocky ground they were lucky we'd had a lot of rain thos week.  

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening my friends.

I will make this short.  

Thanks 
Terri

Terri, our condolences io the loss of your friend Anita.  It's hard enough to lose a friend, but to not be able to find where she was or how she was doing, makes it even harder.  I'm sorry you had to find out through her obituary.

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi, I don't know whether to be relieved or sorry the ENT didn't find any thing.  It might not hurt to see a pulmonologist.

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good evening. It continues to rain here, with more flood advisories.

I didn't get much done, because I couldn't stand for long. I was trying to fill the little curio cabinet I have. I needed to clean it's mirror back and all the window parts, as well as the glass shelves. But I'd do a little, be in pain, sit for a while, then get up again and repeat. I was feeling defeated over not being able to do much.

@luvteaching Condolences to you and the family on the passing of DSIL.

@kazu Thanks for the information. I'll have check if there is a new update for my iPad (it's upstairs), but I think it's up to date. I'll try the trick of selecting the last word first tomorrow. I had been thinking of getting a laptop, and got one, and have been using that to post the Cares List. No issue using windows, it's just that Apple messed something up. I used the iPad all the time before.

@marshhawk Wow on those flying performers. 

@LambKnuckles Welcome to the Fleet Report/Daily! We hope to see you posting often.

@CrabbyPatti What an unwelcome adventure with the credit card. One year on a road trip my CC was compromised. Fortunately I had another one with me, as the promised expedited card never arrived.

@YourWorldWithBill Lovely view from DD's condo. Enjoy your visit.

Vanessa, I hope you are not still feeling defeated about not being able to do much at one time.  It's understandable with your pain, but you are doing more than most of us would be doing under the same circumstances.  I truly hope the surgery solves all your problems.

Lenda

• Like 11