CCL Stock

Today April 12th CCL stock has been dropping rather quickly . Some professionals cin the stock market are saying a recession could happen  & cruise line stocks would be negatively impacted for new bookings  .Certainly fuel prices have soared adding to the woes of inflation  & cost of energy for all cruise lines . The  cruise line business is sensitive against land vacations & has won every time on a cost to cost basis ; but ,if there is a recession all bets are off imo when it comes to owning CCL stock . just keeping the 100 shares for the OBC 

There are aways some analysts who are predicting a looming recession. Perma-bears. I think the general consensus is that we are not currently on the brink of a recession. All cruise line stocks have been volatile lately. I've given up trying to make heads or tails out of them.  I reduced my cruise line holding to a minimum a while back.  I don't like investing in stocks that have wild price swings for no discernable reason. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mnocket said:

There are aways some analysts who are predicting a looming recession. Perma-bears. I think the general consensus is that we are not currently on the brink of a recession. All cruise line stocks have been volatile lately. I've given up trying to make heads or tails out of them.  I reduced my cruise line holding to a minimum a while back.  I don't like investing in stocks that have wild price swings for no discernable reason. 

We agree 1000% . We moved over a while back to  investment is precious metals  for most of our investing capotal . It is not  that CCL or RCCL is going out of business but in this economic environment it is better to be safe than sorry . Oil is another good investment for these times 

I'm between a rock and a hard place. I bought my stock when things were booming and the stock price was rising. That didn't last long! I'd now like to also downsize my holdings, but I'm hoping some day the price will climb back up a bit so I'll not lose as much.

4 minutes ago, jhannah said:

I'm between a rock and a hard place. I bought my stock when things were booming and the stock price was rising. That didn't last long! I'd now like to also downsize my holdings, but I'm hoping some day the price will climb back up a bit so I'll not lose as much.

If you hold imo the likely hood of a profit is real with CCL  .But ,with this uncertainty if where fuel prices will end  up & ,the possibility of a recession which definitely impact  new bookings  is like tossing the coin in the air  & making the cirrect call before it hits the ground 

Fighting around the world may be more of a problem than inflation, but I like buying when everyone is abandoning ship. Bought another thousand shares this morning. I'm not a trader. Good luck.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Today April 12th CCL stock has been dropping rather quickly . Some professionals cin the stock market are saying a recession could happen  & cruise line stocks would be negatively impacted for new bookings  .Certainly fuel prices have soared adding to the woes of inflation  & cost of energy for all cruise lines . The  cruise line business is sensitive against land vacations & has won every time on a cost to cost basis ; but ,if there is a recession all bets are off imo when it comes to owning CCL stock . just keeping the 100 shares for the OBC 

Gee a couple of days you were telling people that they should buy before the price went up and that you were buying more.

Too funny.

Edited by TRLD
  • Like 2

CCL stock has been in an overall down trend since the middle of December, while it did bounce up a bit, it has not reached that value. Even the bounce up ended a few days ago and has been moving down for the past few days, not just today.

6 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

The stock is dropping today. This is not exactly odd since the Dow Jones dropped 475+ points today. 😢

2 hours ago, TRLD said:

Gee a couple of days you were telling people that they should buy before the price went up and that you were buying more.

Too funny.

yes; however   things do change & no one has a crystal ball . The Dow dropped nearly 500 points & all the indxes show red . Then there is a possibility of a recession this year . Well CCL rdacted badlt because a recession  means less bookings  & CCL does need to keep their ships dull to keep paying that big debt 

Another item that impacts cruise lines is the surging  fuel costs . Thus ,imo the reasons were several why the stock went down once again ,Add surging fuel to a possible recession today & high debt that needs to be serviced & thus creates a storm 

48 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

yes; however   things do change & no one has a crystal ball . The Dow dropped nearly 500 points & all the indxes show red . Then there is a possibility of a recession this year . Well CCL rdacted badlt because a recession  means less bookings  & CCL does need to keep their ships dull to keep paying that big debt 

Impossible to decipher. Can we stay away from amateur investment advice?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Actually I'm not very concerned.  I bought a number of shares when the price dropped to $7 so have over doubled my last purchase.  I guess my timing was good. Will be holding on to all my shares.

• Like 1