Steak in mdr every night?

On our last cruise a New York strip steak was on the always available menu every night.  Although quite frankly I thought it was tasteless.  I would much prefer a good ribeye, but that would be cost prohibitive for Princess to have available on a nightly basis.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Discovery a few weeks ago. Steak was not on the favorites menu but was offered several times on our 15 day cruise. My husband ordered it just once, it was not good. If beef tenderloin is offered, it is much better (it is sliced). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TM said:

On our last cruise a New York strip steak was on the always available menu every night.  Although quite frankly I thought it was tasteless.  I would much prefer a good ribeye, but that would be cost prohibitive for Princess to have available on a nightly basis.

I was on the discovery princess 15 days ago and there was not always a steak option nightly without an up charge 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reina del Mar said:

Coral Princess 29th Feb-26th March 2024. Steak on favourites menu every night- more than edible.

I was on Coral earlier in Feb and steak was on the menu every night. I had it a couple of times and it was quite good. Obviously not Crown Grill standard but still good.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Coral Princess 29th Feb-26th March 2024. Steak on favourites menu every night- more than edible.

2 hours ago, leck57 said:

I was on Coral earlier in Feb and steak was on the menu every night. I had it a couple of times and it was quite good. Obviously not Crown Grill standard but still good.

This time last year we were on the Coral Princess for 28 days and their steak was very good and often avialable in the MDR and excellent (the best we've ever had on Princess and rivaled expensive US steakhouses) in the Bayou Cafe and Steakhouse. Maybe because the meat is from Australia (just a guess)?

• Like 2

I think the steak that some people are making reference to is not an included steak at no additional cost

It's been a rare occurrence in the last few years that an included steak has been on the menu, except for the one with the lobster tail. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 555 said:

I think the steak that some people are making reference to is not an included steak at no additional cost

It's been a rare occurrence in the last few years that an included steak has been on the menu, except for the one with the lobster tail. 

The steak I referred to on Coral Princess, as others have as well, was at no additional cost. It was just listed among the Princess favourites as were other choices.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, 555 said:

On Sky Princess over Easter there was an included NY steak available every night as one of the Princess Favourites.  From previous experience I try to avoid it as the quality is inconsistent but it was okay the one night I did have it. 

Last September on Sky the Princess Favourites sometimes included the NY steak and sometimes chicken, offering an alternative to what was on the main menu which made more sense.  This time I found that often there was steak or another beef dish already on the main menu, so offering steak as an alternative wasn't much of an alternative!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 555 said:

Recently, this Cowboy Strip Loin Steak was daily available in Royal Princess MDRs as an always available dinner dish at no extra charge:

20240315_180146.thumb.jpg.95da7ef2ebf569267b5ead119deac33d.jpg

And last summer on the Regal Princess, a Grilled New York Strip Steak was daily available with no surcharge:

20230825_170509.thumb.jpg.7186450d4ce1be5e3b566e479adc5a9d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like there is a lot of variety from one ship to the next. I admit I have never seen Fish&Chips on an always available menu, but I'd like to run into it on one of my cruises! The Lamb Rogan looks like a nice alternative also. Hope we see more of this creativity going forward.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, cynbar said:

Looks like there is a lot of variety from one ship to the next. I admit I have never seen Fish&Chips on an always available menu, but I'd like to run into it on one of my cruises! The Lamb Rogan looks like a nice alternative also.

This is what you get when you cruise from Southampton Just more UK dishes.

Edited by EDVM96
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, 1965 said:

Is steak available in the mdr under the always available items? Tia.  

Perhaps you could look at one of the Live From

on the particular ship that you are going on. Lots of people post the menus. Seems that not all ships have the same always available menu. I’ve seen a 7 ounce filet mignon for $19 every night in the main dining room, but again, it could very ship to ship ?

As far as a steak available every night of your cruise in the main dining room that’s included in your cruise fare, I would say no. But maybe recent cruisers will chime in.

I have just been following a few live from’s and they post the menus and I do not see steak every night on their particular ship.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

I’ve seen a 7 ounce filet mignon for $19 every night in the main dining room, but again, it could very ship to ship ?

You can find these upcharge dishes on every ship in the fleet.

20230825_170509.thumb.jpg.667b86f01969c7209e3a0e2b9f70474d.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, EDVM96 said:

You can find these upcharge dishes on every ship in the fleet.

20230825_170509.thumb.jpg.667b86f01969c7209e3a0e2b9f70474d.jpg

Yes, this is what I was referring to in my post. But I have a feeling that OP/ author is asking about princess favorites,which is included in the cruise fare.At least that’s what I think they were asking.

1 hour ago, EDVM96 said:

Recently, this Cowboy Strip Loin Steak was daily available in Royal Princess MDRs as an always available dinner dish at no extra charge:

20240315_180146.thumb.jpg.95da7ef2ebf569267b5ead119deac33d.jpg

And last summer on the Regal Princess, a Grilled New York Strip Steak was daily available with no surcharge:

20230825_170509.thumb.jpg.7186450d4ce1be5e3b566e479adc5a9d.jpg

The same was offered on Coral Princess every night as well. NO upcharge.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, arizonaperson said:

Perhaps you could look at one of the Live From

on the particular ship that you are going on. Lots of people post the menus. Seems that not all ships have the same always available menu. I’ve seen a 7 ounce filet mignon for $19 every night in the main dining room, but again, it could very ship to ship ?

As far as a steak available every night of your cruise in the main dining room that’s included in your cruise fare, I would say no. But maybe recent cruisers will chime in.

I have just been following a few live from’s and they post the menus and I do not see steak every night on their particular ship.

The $19 up charge steak is from Crown Grill as an option and I have seen it on every menu for dinner on my last 6 cruises

Edited by memoak
  • Like 2

@1965 another example of Princess favorites menu from the Discovery. I didn’t include every night, but the salmon menu changed quite a few of the nights to how it was served. I know you were asking about the steak but for others that were wondering…It seems to be a different princess favorite menu -ship to ship & night to night.IMG_9634.thumb.jpeg.4f2a79922f3d30a7a7f2384b96bef44f.jpeg

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cynbar said:

Looks like there is a lot of variety from one ship to the next. I admit I have never seen Fish&Chips on an always available menu.

We had steak, as well as fish and chips on the ‘Favourites’ Menu, on our recent Coral Princess cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1