NCL Prima eastbound 15 days TA (Live) 27 Apr, 2024 - N.Y. to Southampton via Halifax, Iceland & EU ports - preview intro

Posted (edited)

Coming toward & passing the Meatpacking District ... "The Vessel" ahead, starboard side. She is on the Hudson River now, another 30 minutes ... hopefully, docked and have the gangways set up for disembarkation.  

NYCPrimaapproachingSOL27Apr2024.thumb.jpg.3efef54a5dcab1d9b1b003c07ff19c9f.jpg

NCLPrimaontheHudson27Apr2024-almostthere.thumb.jpg.16e59fb7cbe80a550840b314895864ca.jpg

Ship livecam time is set to Iceland already ?

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

😂 😆 Lol , we are heading north this evening ... who is going south. 

Darn it, she's still not as at the VZ Bridge, still off JFK ... there goes my prediction of 8:30 AM.  

Gang, drink more coffee while enjoy breakfast.  Prima isn't going anywhere without us onboard later.  I feel bad for those onboard with flights to catch this afternoon 🫢

Screenshot_20240427-075113.png

" Slowly I turn step by step ", if you remember that line then you are as old as I am, nyuk nyuk nyuk

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Almost docked.  Hope everyone boarding today has a fabulous cruise.

On another note, does anyone know if the issues with the hot tubs in the Owner's suites was ever fixed?  If anyone sailing today is in one of those cabins, I'd love confirmation of the status.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Guess NCL was correct about 10am

sheesh…taking forever to berth. 🙃

Like a plane and the gate…imagine the lines right now to get off….

Posted (edited)

@JIMESOPUS  Not quite, remember "The Sound of Music" as a kid then.  What is important, being young at heart and staying healthy, keep on cruising.  Looks like she's just about lined up for Pier 88, start those lines & once gangways are secured - let the 1/2 mile marathon race for the express self walk-off begin shortly.  

I have very little doubts in my mind, tracking her move & speed, the last 15 hours sailing here was throttled, not because of maritime regulations and speed enforcement ... I just don't buy it, IMHO, of course.  We will be kind to the officers and crew, it's beyond their pay grades. 

@Fogfog - good morning, you can safely check out at 11 AM and hail a taxi over, probably difficult to find an Uber as they'll over there accepting jobs to the airports for souls running behind schedule.    I'm still on my keyboard at home ... 30 minutes ride over.  

Collage_2024-04-27_02_15_36.jpg

Collage_2024-04-27_06_17_06.jpg

"In theory," Prima had ample time to trim her speed for an earlier arrival time than now - staying at 20 - 21 kts. instead of slowing down to 17 - 18 kts while still off the NJ coastline, until she reach Ambrose/Sandy Hook ... entrance toward NY Lower Bay.  But, it is what it is - those sailing on the Getaway, 2 days from now, on the TA are likely looking at the same "drill"

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, dexddd said:

Oh, and the actual name per the crew is 'THE BEAUTIFUL MSC DIVINIA.'

What was this in reference to?

She is an older ship and not our fav of the MSC fleet

The YC product is excellent, though we prefer other ships than Divinia. Some love her because she is small and an older style.

41 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

" Slowly I turn step by step ", if you remember that line then you are as old as I am, nyuk nyuk nyuk

Thank you! You just triggered some fond memories of my childhood...staring at the TV screen while Mom yelled out for the umpteenth time to get ready for Sunday school. 😊

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)

A very early Bon Voyage to @mking8288 , @Sugar Magnolia , @Travelicious , @Fogfog and many other fellow CCer's that will be on this cruise. Wishing fair seas, lot's of laughs and fond memories. Hoping one day you can look back at this cruise and say " this one time at band camp ".

A very strange yellow orb is in the sky, it's time to take the Challenger out and clear out those the cobwebs.

Jim

Edited by JIMESOPUS
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

Coming toward & passing the Meatpacking District ... "The Vessel" ahead, starboard side. She is on the Hudson River now, another 30 minutes ... hopefully, docked and have the gangways set up for disembarkation.  

NYCPrimaapproachingSOL27Apr2024.thumb.jpg.3efef54a5dcab1d9b1b003c07ff19c9f.jpg

I hope no whales were harmed in the making of this video.

• Haha 3

Thanks Jim and all that are following, wishing more of you are onboard ... we'll do our best to entertain, share, tell, joke and have fun - especially good times, and, post pictorial memories as best as we can ... open invitation for those on the CC roll board to contribute (and/or do their unique semi-live report)   Also, @travelicious has 48 day adventure - follow them too.

Signing off my PC, local car service called and pickup at 10:30 for a quick ride over (less than Carmel) being neighborhood-based from Flushing, NY

See all onboard soon. 

• Like 6

To all of you going on this cruise, have a great one. I will follow along your commentaries (as I start a new year in my life as yesterday was my birthday.)

I know the Prima gets some bad press, but let me say that DW and I loved it and really enjoyed our cruise even though we picked it for itinerary and they somehow missed 2 ports. (We did get to one, Brugge, last month on a river cruise. Somehow I doubt we will ever get ti Isafjordur, Iceland.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Car service is early, en route & passing LGA now 😎  traffic on the parkway - van is at no additional charge. 

PXL_20240427_143014657.thumb.jpg.3b208fa4ed18fbe1f89b301b26b5b36c.jpg

PXL_20240427_142216952.thumb.jpg.5247c90f6f7c678f2e3980060f586010.jpg

PXL_20240427_143222679.jpg

Edited by mking8288

As in Simon & Garfunkel's classic music with the 59th Street Bridge, going across town on 55th Street ... almost there. 

PXL_20240427_145025576.thumb.jpg.141b7c55e80db7e204bc3a01e6c71a58.jpg

PXL_20240427_145040032.thumb.jpg.4fee161fad2d9e80b7ca77921061b7d4.jpg

Check in won't open till noon, friend's Intel team already there - 2 blocks out. 

PXL_20240427_150803233.jpg

2 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

And for those not old enough to remember---that line is from Abbot and Costello and refers to Niagara Falls.

But if you are not old enough to remember that line, you very well might not know who Abbot and Costello are. 🤣

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

And for those not old enough to remember---that line is from Abbot and Costello and refers to Niagara Falls.

But if you are not old enough to remember that line, you very well might not know who Abbot and Costello are. 🤣

You are correct...that's an old Abbott and Costello routine. But the "nyuk, nyuk, nyuk" brought back memories of three other guys.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

But who said it first? First time for me was the Three Stooges, then Abbott and Costello and then Lucy. Growing up I didn't have a choice watching TV, a much simpler time. 

Back to the cruise, did they start boarding yet?

Hi there, just a quick update

we are at the Cruise terminal and they haven’t started checking in yet so it’s pretty much clogged up and moving very slowly but we knew that coming in so we are taking our time and enjoying the music

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Our car service driver took me on a side trip, joy ride but most definitely not boarding anytime soon. DW said expect 1 hour wait to get past security plus boarding. 

I am ready for afternoon high tea & skip lunch, then do dinner.  Those coming off are sent across 12th Ave for transportation.

Patience are going to run thin. Just, Let it be. Can't change what's not in one's control. 

received_765427455657222.jpeg

On lower or street level - traffic jam for buses just as bad as upstairs

PXL_20240427_163316854.jpg

6 PM sail away # cough # cough

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 3

On 4/19/2024 at 11:51 AM, Fogfog said:

Was thinking about this today as well.

If we can't arrive at the pier until at least Noon, I am thinking we may not onboard until 1/1:30 at earliest and only if lucky.

So what about lunch service?

And - this is all predicated on the ship zero-ing out in a timely manner. Fingers crossed everyone gets off asap (travel etc) 

If Wunderground is to be believed, partially cloudy for embarkation at this point.

Everyone sitting (thank goodness) with boarding passes but no one has been called as of 1:29pm. Lots of little "snags" going on and NO communication. Blood sugar getting low. That is all...