Classic soda package question

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know what juices they are referring to in the classic soda package. Juice bar isn’t included and juices are free at breakfast. As i’m ok with mocktails and pop i’m considering this package but wonder what juice is referring too. Also what types of pop do they carry? Edit i think it may be cans, but not 100% sure. What do others think of the value of this package?

Edited by latebuyer

Diet Coke, diet Dr Pepper in cans plus a few other options.

Never saw any juices.

Bottle water included.

was not a real value for my cabin mate but we did not carry on sodas this time- a connivence. 

1 hour ago, dog said:

Never saw any juices.

Bottle water included.

was not a real value for my cabin mate but we did not carry on sodas this time- a connivence. 

Bottled water is included in the classic soda package??  Are you sure?  I thought it was only included in the Zero Alcohol package are higher.  If you are correct, I need to cancel my water bottle package. 🙂

• Like 1

The classic soda package does not include bottled water or the freshly squeezed juices from the juice bar. 

It does include all fountain and canned sodas, regular juices that are available at the bars like apple, orange, and smoothies and mocktails. 

We used to get it for our kids when they were younger and they definitely enjoyed getting the smoothies and mocktails. And my daughter was the Shirley Temple queen!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

The classic soda package does not include bottled water or the freshly squeezed juices from the juice bar. 

It does include all fountain and canned sodas, regular juices that are available at the bars like apple, orange, and smoothies and mocktails. 

That's what I thought. I pre-ordered some water bottles for our stateroom and bought the soda package to go with it. 🙂

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I get cranberry juice from the bar under the Classic Soda package.

Soda is in cans, now.

Edited by phabric

3 hours ago, dog said:

Never saw any juices.

Bottle water is NOT included.

No bottled water!

Posted (edited)

@latebuyer for the juice choices think of mixers. As you said juices available for free at breakfast hours only. So classic soda package juices would “ kick” in after that.

Someone mentioned diet Dr. Pepper ( never seen on Princess- maybe a new item?? Or varies ship to ship)

Here is a description of the classic soda package loosely. Some things may be incorrect, but you get the gist. And I do believe you can order the classic soda package once you get onboard -you could confirm with one of the bars of the offerings & are they going to be satisfactory to you ,before you actually purchase it. I believe the mocktails are $7.00 if purchased  with no package plus the added gratuity. So the mock tails are the strawberry on fire, sunshine daiquiri, Chocobanana and Key West cooler. I also think in the juice choices there’s grapefruit, tomato, and Clamato.IMG_9706.thumb.jpeg.c64bf38bcc0fd958967d3ee8eec56525.jpeg

Edited by arizonaperson

I purchase the Classic Soda package.  I don’t drink enough for per day cost but take it for the convenience of able to get a soda, juice, mocktails anywhere on the ship when I want one instead of going back to my cabin for a soda from my Elite mini bar.

On the Classic Soda Package, we were served cans of Coke Zero and Sprite Zero on our Australian cruise. Didn’t see Diet Dr Pepper. A variety of Mocktails was available..bottled water was not.

I don't personally drink soda, but my wife enjoys a soda maybe once a day in the afternoon.  So for a long trip we have planned (31 days), instead of the soda package I went the "Stateroom Canned Soda Package." 

It isn't easy to find.  On the Princess site, after signing in, I went to: 

• My Account
  • Manage This Booking
  • Beverage 
  • Scroll to the second to the last item - "Stateroom Canned Soda Package"

I guess it wouldn't be convenient to bring 6 cans anyways. Can you bring the can into the main dining room, or just the buffet and other areas of the ship? This may be a cheaper splurge.

25 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks. With royal caribbean you are able to bring cans of soda onto the cruise. Is that not the case with princess?

Yes you are “ allowed “ on Princess to bring soda/ pop of your choosing onboard . I believe it is 12 cans,but probably not challenged if more?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks. I'm thinking this is unrealistic as i am flying and wouldn't want the weight.

Depending where you are cruising from, you can visit a grocery store before getting on the ship.

Edited by phabric
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, dog said:

Never saw any juices.

Bottle water included.

3 hours ago, dog said:

Diet Dr Pepper WAS included in this classic soda package on Regal in February. 
leaving thread, as …

Asked my cabin mate- who had classic soda package- out of Galveston- said water was just given to them, no charge and brought back to cabin 2 diet Dr Peppers- but was not part of their package- substitutiions they assumed.

Soignore my posts on this topic.

2 hours ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks. I'm thinking this is unrealistic as i am flying and wouldn't want the weight.

are you flying in the day before?

We loved having the Classic soda package for our kid. He totally drank his weight's worth of sodas and mocktails every day. It was worth it to us as a present to him.

Thanks. In canadian dollars it works to 167.00 for the classic soda package which seems quite a lot. I'm debating just getting soda cans and then maybe getting 67 shore credit so its easy to purchase the drinks. I don't really think i need 2 mocktails a day, i think one would be enough. I'll think about it though. It would be a splurge.

Be aware there are different types of package-

Classic Soda Package. $17.69. Per person per day including service charge (18%)

Zero Alcohol Drink Package. $35.39 pppd including service charge (18%)

The staff selling it on the first day must have been on commission on our cruise as they kept telling us we wanted the zero alcohol package and wouldn’t sell us the classic till we showed them what we wanted on Princess website !!!

• Like 1

I think 'officially' Princess states you can bring on up to 12 cans at embarkation. However, I would be really surprised if they stopped you from bringing on a few cans that you pick up at a port stop. (Bring a small backpack with you off the ship.)