C&A points splitted, any advices if its fixable ?

Posted (edited)

I will ask here since support refused to do it. We booked our first RC cruise (Transatlantic) last month on the Oasis. I took 2 rooms, I setup me and my kid in one and my wife/kid in the other. I booked both, paid for both. I got the points for my room, the other points went on my wife account. Which is a waste. Emailed RC, they just reply we are out of luck cannot combine points ?. Seem stupid to me, it's not like we going to do separate cruise in future. Did anyone got in a similar situation and got it fixed ? Or we are just out of 14 points ?

Thanks !

Carl

Edited by Rotnam

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Rotnam said:

I will ask here since support refused to do it. We booked our first RC cruise (Transatlantic) last month on the Oasis. I took 2 rooms, I setup me and my kid in one and my wife/kid in the other. I booked both, paid for both. I got the points for my room, the other points went on my wife account. Which is a waste. Emailed RC, they just reply we are out of luck cannot combine points ?. Seem stupid to me, it's not like we going to do separate cruise in future. Did anyone got in a similar situation and got it fixed ? Or we are just out of 14 points ?

Thanks !

Carl

You only get points for your own sailing. Each person will get credit under their individual name. You each have separate C&A accounts. Therefore you, your wife, your kids will all have the same number of points.

If you or your wife sail solo in the future at any time, and your accounts are linked, you will share status of highest earning partner but only have your own individually earned points.

Edited by c-leg5

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, dahirsh said:

points go to people, not cabins.  your wife would get her points even if you were sharing a cabin and the kids stayed home

Thanks for both answer, I think I see how it work, was not like that in my head.

Just for my clarity, if we only had 1 room, me and my wife, we would have 7/7 points instead of 14 ? or both 14 ?

For my kids, I assume the points just get lost ?

Basically if I had 4 rooms, I would still be getting only 14 points, even if I paid 4x time right ?

Edited by Rotnam
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rotnam said:

Just for my clarity, if we only had 1 room, me and my wife, we would have 7/7 points instead of 14 ? or both 14 ?

If it's 14 nights, anyone on the ship (not in a suite or sailing solo) gets their own 14 points, including kids. The room configuration doesn't matter.

17 minutes ago, Rotnam said:

Basically if I had 4 rooms, I would still be getting only 14 points, even if I paid 4x time right ?

The point system is based on several factors.  For a non-suite cabin each cabin occupant gets 1 point per day.  For a suite they get 2 points per day.  Those two instances are if you have two ore more people in the cabin.  But then if you are sailing solo in a cabin that normally holds two or more guests you would get 2 points per day.  If it's a suite then the solo guest would get 3 points per day.  Example:  You and your wife in a balcony cabin for a 14 night cruise each get 14 points.  You, booked as a solo guest in a balcony cabin, would get 28 points for that 14 night cruise.  You and your wife in a Junior Suite would each get 28 points on that 14 night cruise.  You, booked as a solo guest in a Junior Suite for 14 nights would get 42 points. 

The kids points are not lost.  They get their points too.  Here is the Crown & Anchor Society benefits list.  Note the extensive footnotes explaining everything.  It's quite tedious to read through. 

39 minutes ago, Rotnam said:

Thanks for both answer, I think I see how it work, was not like that in my head.

As I stated above you each need a C&A #.

If it is a 14-night cruise in an ordinary cabin ( not suite) you will each get 14 points. People within a household can be linked so you will all have the same status but unless you have all been on all the cruises you may not, later on, all have the same points. Presently you will for your first cruise.

it has nothing to do with purchasing cabins or money spent . It is accrued by time spent on the ship with some bonuses for higher cabin categories. 

Children will remain linked while minors. Then they will retain status but achieve and gain status by building on their own points achieved after that.

7 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

As I stated above you each need a C&A #.

Children will remain linked while minors. Then they will retain status but achieve and gain status by building on their own points achieved after that.

My Kids are 11 and 14

Thanks for all the info, I was wondering since under 13 you cannot create an account then my oldest cannot get a C&A since you need to be 18. So when they are old enough they should have their points when they register ? I will read the PDF, but it's way clearer now, thanks everyone.

8 minutes ago, Rotnam said:

My Kids are 11 and 14

Thanks for all the info, I was wondering since under 13 you cannot create an account then my oldest cannot get a C&A since you need to be 18. So when they are old enough they should have their points when they register ? I will read the PDF, but it's way clearer now, thanks everyone.

You can have a c and a # at 6 months. They should have 1 now. Call crown and anchor and make sure they got credit. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Rotnam said:

So when they are old enough they should have their points when they register ?

Regardless of how many points they have, until 18, they'll have your status.

57 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Regardless of how many points they have, until 18, they'll have your status.

Not always true. Neighbors of mine take their grandchildren on cruises multiple times a year. Both of the kids are Diamond while their parents are only Emerald. Probably not a very common occurrence. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rotnam said:

My Kids are 11 and 14

I think I saw a 10 year old made pinnacle, 700 pts. His own pts.

Everyone gets their own pts. Even kids. After age 18 they just cant share your status if you level up your loyalty pts, they no longer share your new status. 

2 hours ago, Rotnam said:

My Kids are 11 and 14

I think others have answered this

. I just wanted to add if you look at the loyalty benefits chart for the different lavels you will see a section marked youth benefits for the different levels.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rotnam said:

Thanks !

Carl

You have 14 points.

Your wife has 14 points.

Child 1 has 14 points.

Child 2 has 14 points. 

No one is “out” any points. 

27 minutes ago, little britain said:

You have 14 points.

Your wife has 14 points.

Child 1 has 14 points.

Child 2 has 14 points. 

No one is “out” any points. 

Hello,

I've never read a dog complaining about not getting the points on a Cunard TA whilst in kennels.

Regards,

Cublet

I think others have said this, but just to drill it in, make sure your kids have C and A accounts- my 12 year old has a C&A, gets his own points.

The 13 year old thing is only for an account to sign  on to the app, but any age can get a Crown and Anchor number. 

13 hours ago, Rotnam said:

My Kids are 11 and 14

My grand kids (all under 18) have their own C&A  # and their points are tracked whenever they sail.  As a matter of fact, thy are Ds as they inherited the tier level from their parents.