Ocean Now Question

I looked this up and I can't find the answer......

They bring food to you anywhere on the ship?  Is this from a special menu?  Any menu?

I assume you tip the person who delivers......or is that included (since daily service charge is included with the package)?

Your order is from the menu that appears on the app.  It's somewhat more limited than a comprehensive everything menu 

The service charge is included in the bill, so if you have Plus or Premiere it's already covered.  They find you through the Medallion so our experience was they got within 20 feet and looked around to see who might have ordered it...or called our name...you may have to flag them down.  Very convenient!

9 minutes ago, sound_guy0918 said:

The service charge is included in the bill, so if you have Plus or Premiere it's already covered.  They find you through the Medallion so our experience was they got within 20 feet and looked around to see who might have ordered it...or called our name...you may have to flag them down.  Very convenient!

They say, hold your phone up, when you see them with your order.  😮

2 hours ago, sound_guy0918 said:

I haven’t checked in the new app but there used to be a way to push a button that turned your screen a purple color that you could hold up for the server to see 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sound_guy0918 said:

An 18% service charge for drinks is included in the bill. A service charge for food is included in the Crew Appreciation, which is included with Plus or Premier or automatically charged to your folio with Standard. Although you may tip them extra, it is not expected, and many people don't carry cash with them around the ship.

12 minutes ago, that said:

@Thrak
disappointing

that

menu no longer available on board

Just now, startedwithamouse said:

Menu is not up to date. 

Tacos are no longer available on the app. I believe pizzas have a charge now too. 

D'Oh! Sorry about that. 🥴

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Menu is not up to date. 

Tacos are no longer available on the app. I believe pizzas have a charge now too. 

I found my answer!

Edited by MsTabbyKats

3 hours ago, Torfamm said:

I haven’t checked in the new app but there used to be a way to push a button that turned your screen a purple color that you could hold up for the server to see 

I remember that. Hopefully they still have it.

9 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

They bring food to you anywhere on the ship?

2 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

In theory, yes.

Not anywhere. For example, they do not deliver to the dining rooms. If you are in one of these locations, the app will tell you when you try to order.

20 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

Not anywhere. For example, they do not deliver to the dining rooms. If you are in one of these locations, the app will tell you when you try to order.

For example. And you can read in this forum how often an ocean now delivery never reached its destination. But still charged. 😉

Yeah.... Your mileage may vary. I sailed on the Enchanted Princess May 4 and I believe I placed about five OceanNow orders while on onboard and received exactly one of them. My husband had slightly better luck... I believe he managed to get two orders delivered. I gave up on it the evening of the second day. It got old having to live chat with guest services to get my never-delivered previous order canceled out so I could place another order that would also never be delivered. In the app, if you have a pending order and try to order something new, they just add the new items to the old order. So you have to get guest services to cancel the old order to place a new one.

I would honestly not get my hopes up for OceanNow orders to ever be delivered to anywhere on the ship.... Between my husband and I, we tried three times to get one extra towel delivered to our stateroom on day 1. By the time we were about to go to bed that night, we gave up and just asked a random room steward in the hallway if we could have one from her cart.

4 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I would honestly not get my hopes up for OceanNow orders to ever be delivered to anywhere on the ship.... 

Shortage of crew members after Covid is the reason. Who would have thought that in 2019. Or much earlier, when the company descisions were made on OceanNow.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, startedwithamouse said:

We've had excellent service with OceanNow delivery. 32 days on Sapphire Princess, every single food order came within 15 minutes. Drinks less than 10. 

I think it strongly depends on where to you order it.

Edited by EDVM96

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, EDVM96 said:

I think it strongly depends on where to you order it.

Nope.  Many different locations on the ship. 

Sapphire is just the best with everything. 

We also tip with each order. 

Edited by startedwithamouse

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Sapphire is just the best with everything. 

😍 I agree

2 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Nope.  Many different locations on the ship. 

Good to hear this positive experience on the Sapphire.

Edited by EDVM96