Stabbing on Crown Princess???

41 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

I am not ashamed. I asked if anyone could verify or deny it.

The cruise lines have to report all crimes in monthly or quarterly reports.

Let's see what the next report show.

... deleted 

• Like 1

Aloha. So now the conversation is about whether a butter knife etc can be used as a weapon. The reality is anything can be used.  The real issue is the cast of misfit knucklehead morons traveling with people who work hard and look forward to a relaxing vacation. As ships have become cities they will attract subhuman cretins more and more and sad to say little can really be done. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, memoak said:

Actually Carnival is the parent company and I would think HAL and Cunard would be considered grandparents 

Carnival Corporation is the parent company, and Carnival Cruise Lines is the child.  So HAL, Princess, etc. are the siblings of Carnival Cruise Lines.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kay S said:

Carnival Corporation is the parent company, and Carnival Cruise Lines is the child.  So HAL, Princess, etc. are the siblings of Carnival Cruise Lines.

I meant grandparents as in they have the oldest demographics

20 hours ago, wcook said:

We often disagree but n this board. Tipping, dress code, etc. But for once, I think we all can agree: Don’t stab other passengers. 

Even chair hogs?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

My husband was the one that got medically evacuated off Thursday from the Crown. Ambulance to hospital was fine but once we got to Victoria Hospital, it was a crowed mess.   Horrendous experience after that and felt like we were abandoned in Victoria. Princess no help and I had to arrange hotel and the airfare home.  I'll probably start a new topic with details, and request help from my dear CC friends.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

11 minutes ago, RV Queen said:

My husband was the one that got medically evacuated off Thursday from the Crown. Ambulance to hospital was fine but once we got to Victoria Hospital, it was a crowed mess.   Horrendous experience after that and felt like we were abandoned in Victoria. Princess no help and I had to arrange hotel and the airfare home.  I'll probably start a new topic with details, and request help from my dear CC friends.  

Sending prayers. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, RV Queen said:

I'll probably start a new topic with details

Please do.  It will be informational for everyone as to what can be, or cannot be, expected from Princess in the way of assistance in certain situations.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, RV Queen said:

I am so sorry. I hope he is feeling better.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2024 at 2:31 PM, memoak said:

I meant grandparents as in they have the oldest demographics

At one point I read that Carnival Cruise lines sails more seniors than any other cruise line. Not sure if that is true.

Edited by Coral

8 minutes ago, Coral said:

At one point I read that Carnival Cruise lines sails more seniors than any other cruise line. Not sure if that is true.

Just from experience everyone I know who sails HAL are all over 70. At least on Princess I feel there is a better mix and I am 73

12 minutes ago, memoak said:

Just from experience everyone I know who sails HAL are all over 70.

We do a lot of HAL, and we even do Carnival from time to time.  There are always younger-than-70 people on HAL, and there are always plenty of seniors on Carnival.  Princess has lots of kids, IMO, because of their good youth program.  Anyone wanting to avoid children will prefer HAL, but that's not to say there aren't lots of younger people on board.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kay S said:

We do a lot of HAL, and we even do Carnival from time to time.  There are always younger-than-70 people on HAL, and there are always plenty of seniors on Carnival.  Princess has lots of kids, IMO, because of their good youth program.  Anyone wanting to avoid children will prefer HAL, but that's not to say there aren't lots of younger people on board.

We’ve sailed Princess twice now and not seen more than a handful of children.  There will be at least 2 on Enchanted in June because I’m bringing them.

On topic, still no mention of a cruise ship stabbing in the news.

7 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

We’ve sailed Princess twice now and not seen more than a handful of children.  There will be at least 2 on Enchanted in June because I’m bringing them.

On topic, still no mention of a cruise ship stabbing in the news.

Try doing an Alaskan 7 day cruise in the summer. Tons of families, kids and backpacks

• Like 1

Once you leave the ship, you are on your own.  You may not like that, but it’s not Princess’s responsibility to take care of you once you are not a passenger.  We had to leave in Buenos Aires due to an emergency medical issue and it was all on us to arrange transportation to the airport, get plane tickets, etc.  While we were on board, the medical staff was on top of everything, but that care stopped (as it rightly should) once we left the ship.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, RV Queen said:

Princess did not arrange my hotel pre or post cruise. They did not arrange my flight home. I would not expect them to get me home if I am injured  When I was quarantined in Canada with Covid after a cruise I was in my own to get home   If you get sick in Europe do you expect them to get you home ?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RV Queen said:

I hope your husband got treated well for the stab wound and recovers quickly

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I hope your husband got treated well for the stab wound and recovers quickly

Believe it or not there were two medivacs this trip, RV's husband and someone else. Chopper was for another person.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, memoak said:

Just from experience everyone I know who sails HAL are all over 70. At least on Princess I feel there is a better mix and I am 73

I have sailed HAL when in my late 30's and there was a mix of passenger ages. I am sure the longer cruises have an older demographic. I didn't feel out of place. Demographics felt similar to Princess.

The comment was probably in relation to Carnival having more ships, thus, sailing a larger number of seniors.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, RV Queen said:

Usually Princess other cruise lines with have the local port agent act as a local contact. They should have provided that number.  In a third world country the port agent will usually be during a medical disembarkation at a port. They would then help with question like hotel recommendations.

In this it sounds like a helicopter Evac not a port disembarkation. In that case the contact with the port agent is not as clear cut.

In Victoria, it should be easy to find and book hotels. Same with flight arrangements. The port agent is more needed to countries where such arrangements are much more difficult.

Depending upon your travel insurance many have a contact number to provide assistance once an incident occurs to answer questions and potentially provide some assistance and direction.

Personnel for Princess will usually call to followup after a few days, if they can reach you.

Basically on they have made arrangements for the medical transfer to the medical facility the rest is pretty much up to you and your insurance, with maybe some recommendations from the local contracted port agent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, memoak said:

Princess did not arrange my hotel pre or post cruise. They did not arrange my flight home. I would not expect them to get me home if I am injured  When I was quarantined in Canada with Covid after a cruise I was in my own to get home   If you get sick in Europe do you expect them to get you home ?

This is where we disagree:  if someone gets stabbed on a ship I fully expect the cruise line to take extra care of them after medi-vac off. It's necessary PR to have extra TLC for a crime victim.

That said: if medivac off because of illness or injury not caused by another then its appropriate to get the person to the appropriate transportation to the correct medical facility.

@RV Queen hope he has a full & complete recovery. 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1