The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday June 5th, 2024

The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday June 5th, 2024

Today is Baby Boomers Recognition Day, Festival of Popular Delusions Day, and HIV Long Term Survivors Awareness Day

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally. --W.C. Fields

Meal Suggestion for today - Spicy Deviled Eggs
Drink of the Day - Left Hand
Wine of the Day - 2020 Riesling, Weingut Kaufmann, Rheingau
Destination of the Day - Mystery Island, Vanuatu

Today in History:
1947 US Secretary of State George Marshall outlines the "Marshall Plan" to rebuild Western Europe

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Sitka, Baranof Island Alaska 08:00 - 16:00

Koningsdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Juneau, Alaska 10:00 - 21:30

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Akureyri, Iceland, Lake Myvatn eta 06-06

Noordam

Skagway, Alaska 07:00 - 21:00

Oosterdam

Valletta, Malta 08:00 - 23:00

Rotterdam

Stavanger, Norway 07:00 - 15:00

Volendam

Sydney NS, Nova Scotia Canada 08:00 - 17:00

Westerdam

Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska 08:00 - 13:00

Zaandam

Vancouver, BC Canada 7:00-16:00

Zuiderdam

Kiel, Germany 07:00 - 17:00

0605Alaska.thumb.png.3e130f6930055c615561cdd96ea4e143.png

0605Atlantic.thumb.png.7be015e2e8a089775abb03b5490c8815.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 29

Today’s Care List:

Kazu with foot infection and having foot pain

Dfish’s 2nd test injection for nerve ablation

JazzyV’s 6 week check with Neurosurgeon after back surgery (1st visit)

Seasick Sailor dropping a heavy stone and gouging her ankle

Lazey1 recovering from Covid

Flooding and storms across the US, with loss of life

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness

Vict0riann’s biopsy results

RMLincoln’s DH with glaucoma issues, medication allergy, surgery

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Cruzin Terri and DH in Barbados

Rafinmd’s church member Paul with pneumonia, discharged to home

Quartzsite Cruiser’s new golf cart

Nickelpenny post back surgery, doing well, good report from surgeon

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

3 days for Suslor (Rotterdam June 8 to June 29) 21d Midnight Sun & Norse Legends

4 days for Cruzn single (Westerdam June 9 to July 7) 28d Alaska Arctic Circle Solstice

Mr. Boston (Volendam to June 8 ) 7d Canada/New England Discovery, Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage), Luvteaching (Majestic Princess to June 9) Alaska Inside Passage, StLouisCruisers (Zuiderdam to June 8 ) 28d Passage to Normandy & Baltic Jewels + Zuiderdam (June 8 to July 20) 42d Ultimate Viking Explorer & Passage and Mtn2Sea (Zuiderdam to June 8 ) 28d Passage to Normandy & Baltic Jewels

• Like 19
  • Thanks 26

Good morning friends!  Today we docked in Kiel, Germany and it appeared as though it had been raining.  Lucky for us the skies cleared up and was a good day for exploring town.  Temp was 55 earlier and it’s only going up to 60 for a high.  It was brisk out but we walked around for about 2 miles and headed back to the ship.  Just as we arrived an ambulance pulled up to pick someone up in Medical.  Always a shame to see that.

Thanks Rich @richwmn for posting the Fleet Report and Daily today as well as the maps.  Let’s recognize baby boomers and long term survivors of HIV, but what is the festival of popular delusions?  Witty quote by W. C. Fields.  The menu suggestion, drink and wine sound interesting but not to my taste.  The Marshall Plan seemed to be an excellent plan to rebuild Europe.  Thanks to Debbie @dfish,Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports today.

Prayers today for DB, Alex’s baby boys, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages in this never ending nightmare, and our fine men and women in uniform overseas trying to keep the peace.  Special prayers for our group of Dailyites in need of them, the latest being Jim, Terri’s @Cruzin Terri's DH.  Hoping for better days for you all!  Cheers for all celebrating special happy events and cruising.  Hope you are all enjoying them.  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your lists today and for fitting it all in with your busy schedule.  Hope all is going well with both you and BFF.

DS tells us Ren is taking his 4th year English class this summer so that he will be eligible to graduate from his high school in Texas in December.  His buddy Colton in Colorado is doing the same so the two of them will be available to begin college classes in January 2025.  This way they would have a leg up on working and training with their new soccer coaches and teammates  at university - Notre Dame for Ren and Indiana University for Colton.  They’ll both be in the same state!

Today’s port is another new one – Mystery Island, Vanatu.  I haven’t been there before but see it’s on the itinerary for our Princess booking in 2026 (provided I’m still cruising then).  No links today and no photos from me so please show us what Mystery Island is like if you have any pics to share.

Since I have no photos today to share how about the latest Milo and Sadie pics?  They went to the groomer the other day and DD says they just posed themselves like this when they went outside with her.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Have a super day!  Stay safe and keep well!

• Like 33
  • Thanks 7

Posted (edited)

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

It’s a warm 77 this AM with a high of 92 today.

Good selection of days, I figure there aren’t many Baby Boomers older than me as I was born in February of 1946.

The quote is something you would expect WC Fields would say.

I’m not wild about deviled eggs.

Have a great day and stay well.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 2

Left Hand cocktial:

Ingredients:

1 1/2 oz. bourbon
3/4 oz. Campari
3/4 oz. sweet vermouth (preferably Carpano Antica)
3 dashes chocolate bitters (such as Bittermen’s)
Garnish: brandied cherry

Directions:

Add all ingredients into a mixing glass with ice and stir until well-chilled.
Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
Garnish with a brandied cherry.

Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 6.18.11 AM.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 23

Good morning.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

It is sunny and 55°F at the moment.

3 important days and laughable quote.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

Prayers 🙏 for the safety and good health of all who are unwell.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Screenshot_20240605_113028.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 19

Thanks for the Report.   Happy Hump Day.

Hot and humid this morning.  Cloudy with a chance of showers later.

Interesting days to celebrate.  Graham, thanks for the explanation of Popular Delusions Day.

Amusing quote.

I like deviled eggs, looking forward to seeing different recipes.  I'd like to try the drink and the wine.

Prayers for so many.

Sorry to hear @Cruzin Terri's Dh fell.  Hope he isn't too confused and the doctors in Barbados can help.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Today we docked in Kiel, Germany and it appeared as though it had been raining.  Lucky for us the skies cleared up and was a good day for exploring town.  Temp was 55 earlier and it’s only going up to 60 for a high.  It was brisk out but we walked around for about 2 miles and headed back to the ship.  Just as we arrived an ambulance pulled up to pick someone up in Medical.  Always a shame to see that.

Thanks Rich @richwmn for posting the Fleet Report and Daily today as well as the maps.  Let’s recognize baby boomers and long term survivors of HIV, but what is the festival of popular delusions?  Witty quote by W. C. Fields.  The menu suggestion, drink and wine sound interesting but not to my taste.  The Marshall Plan seemed to be an excellent plan to rebuild Europe.  Thanks to Debbie @dfish,Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports today.

Prayers today for DB, Alex’s baby boys, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages in this never ending nightmare, and our fine men and women in uniform overseas trying to keep the peace.  Special prayers for our group of Dailyites in need of them, the latest being Jim, Terri’s @Cruzin Terri's DH.  Hoping for better days for you all!  Cheers for all celebrating special happy events and cruising.  Hope you are all enjoying them.  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your lists today and for fitting it all in with your busy schedule.  Hope all is going well with both you and BFF.

DS tells us Ren is taking his 4th year English class this summer so that he will be eligible to graduate from his high school in Texas in December.  His buddy Colton in Colorado is doing the same so the two of them will be available to begin college classes in January 2025.  This way they would have a leg up on working and training with their new soccer coaches and teammates  at university - Notre Dame for Ren and Indiana University for Colton.  They’ll both be in the same state!

Today’s port is another new one – Mystery Island, Vanatu.  I haven’t been there before but see it’s on the itinerary for our Princess booking in 2026 (provided I’m still cruising then).  No links today and no photos from me so please show us what Mystery Island is like if you have any pics to share.

Since I have no photos today to share how about the latest Milo and Sadie pics?  They went to the groomer the other day and DD says they just posed themselves like this when they went outside with her.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Have a super day!  Stay safe and keep well!

Milo and Sadie are gorgeous.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

thanks for our Hump Day Daily Rich  - and, thanks to Vanessa, Ann, Dixie & Debbie.

A great collection of days - all worthy of celebration if you are a Boomer like I.  LOL on the Fields quote.  It just so sounds like him 🙂  Yum on the meal for today.  Love devilled eggs and it sounds like a great idea.

image.thumb.png.efc5066d316388b78a2b3946ec13c122.png

Quick post - Busy morning with an appointment that is too time consuming but necessary. Hopefully I have some energy after I get back.  Stupidly bought annuals that Jose always liked to fill in my planters and ended up in a funk when I got them home.  Oh well, fresh start today, I guess.

IMG_2468.thumb.jpeg.966f7a25b1a0161709ac55d44650c672.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, grief, pain, health problems, worries & those that need them. 🙏. Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1855.thumb.jpeg.db26d2ebe44938373ec015efc414da0f.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 13

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

We leave in about an hour for the airport to fly to Brussels and then board our first post-COVID cruise in Rotterdam on Saturday.  Can't wait!!!

• Like 36

3 minutes ago, swin26 said:

We leave in about an hour for the airport to fly to Brussels and then board our first post-COVID cruise in Rotterdam on Saturday.  Can't wait!!!

Welcome and congratulations.

I hope you have an amazing cruise starting Saturday.

Best wishes.

Graham from England UK.

• Like 25

Happy Wednesday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Expecting some rain today. High of 82. Today will be filled with meetings, my hair getting done, clients, and grading of assignments. Thinking about packing for my trip to Charlotte. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

It's Wednesday Have a great day! - Overly Attached Cat | Make a Meme

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Happy Hump Day to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  As a Baby Boomer, I will raise my 🍺!  Thanks @grapau27 for the explanation of the day and I have a couple of friends who have lived with HIV for years.  I resemble the quote, no to the drink and wine, never been to the port and, while I don't like eggs, I do like deviled eggs and make them frequently with different recipes.  Good day in history.

IMG_7867.JPG.344207b7118c664e2b0cf60e91650bed.JPG

I am up early as I woke up around 0215 and couldn't get back to sleep.  I never toss and turn; if I don't fall back to sleep within 5-10 minutes, I will get up.  And I don't nap (I get horrible headaches if I sleep less than 5-6 hours) so it will be interesting to see what time tonight I will go to bed.

IMG_7876.thumb.JPG.fa443f9419400005530ef43c25f6d4ce.JPG

The big news all over the news here is the high temps coming our way.  And in looking at the forecast, it will be a tad warm with no rain in the foreseeable future!  LOL!!

ScreenShot2024-06-05at03_54_22.thumb.png.7fc457119e1285dadc90f5254f68e938.png

I have a couple of errands today and then a focus group at 1430 for 2 hours.  It should be interesting and I am looking forward to it.  

IMG_7877.JPG.408f3dbceda93b53fc46e94b8e74be70.JPG

@JazzyV and @dfishGood luck on your doc appts today.  @Cruzin Terri sorry to hear about your DH's fall.  And I hope @Seasick Sailor leg is better.  Take it easy @kazu Jacqui!!

IMG_7888.thumb.JPG.4370dfe33ee387456f5a202bf0c73520.JPG

Cheers to those celebrating and everyone have a great day!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 7

9 minutes ago, swin26 said:

Bon Voyage!!  Have a great time!!

• Like 26

Posted (edited)

Thanks for today’s FR & D, Rich! Another gorgeous morning. Still no rain. But the warm temps coupled with the strong breezes sure make for a nice day. 

Vanessa thank you for capturing & sharing all our happenings. I never expected to be so happy to read about how much sleep someone is getting - so thank you. Praying that your check-in goes well. 

Pedicure, Bindi walks, pool workout, a few chores and an evening at the Beachfront Winery. The few is gorgeous, the charcuterie and taps are delicious & the wine slushies are fun. 

IMG_2897.jpeg.d4387677285c24427b69c56b1a6eb3ba.jpeg

IMG_2814.jpeg.a2b9af242452ad21a09f08d66caea37d.jpeg

This could be fun to do…

IMG_2957.jpeg.4a7d8768094a08fd29cea50a43929fe7.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Terri, praying that Jim is ok & you both get to enjoy this trip. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. Sandi, that picture of Milo & Sadie is adorable!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

2020 Riesling, Weingut Kaufmann, Rheingau, Germany 

Very elusive unless you live in certain European countries or are a member of a wine club. The only distributors I found offered it for about $20.00. But they only shipped to Europe. 

Distributor notes

With impressive intensity and the ability to go on and on in the mouth, this wine is exactly what you want from a Riesling. Its lime and lemon aromas are underpinned by waxy kerosene notes. It's classically zingy, but also offers ripe fruit and a creaminess to the texture. Under screwcap, but still has great potential to age. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 14
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

A few pictures of Mystery Island from last January

IMG_0270.JPG.70977a7a169341efd6160cde029798ad.JPG

IMG_0301.thumb.JPG.9e0b0e5e2079e94e4c49c01428c49409.JPG

IMG_0300.thumb.JPG.13d427ff0a9896ed34f6e6c00d9dd807.JPG

IMG_0298.thumb.JPG.4a2635465562a43bf14329016838c6a6.JPG

IMG_0297.thumb.JPG.961e4a2bc1097ef12cbbfd16d6f51b72.JPG

IMG_0296.thumb.JPG.051350ca944eebf76e0d3e9900b842c4.JPG

IMG_0295.thumb.JPG.0f2f3694c82599c8208738549cdb915a.JPG

IMG_0294.thumb.JPG.216bf2d30b804f3be3163cdb9976be3d.JPG

IMG_0293.thumb.JPG.36f3c55ef75b8db2d30c76ee96b395a1.JPG

IMG_0292.thumb.JPG.3cfe21f2bfdec084d461012de0f86fa7.JPG

IMG_0291.thumb.JPG.2d0b1cc74624503891ff4323fc045085.JPG

IMG_0290.thumb.JPG.e87119f97db6fe6d52047d05812278ca.JPG

IMG_0299.JPG

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 14

4 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Terri, hope all went smoothly for you & Jim yesterday. 

Sadly and shamefully, it did not.  Check the last page of yesterday's daily,

Roy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, swin26 said:

Safe travels! Enjoy!

• Like 24

5 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Sadly and shamefully, it did not.  Check the last page of yesterday's daily,

Roy

Thanks Roy, luckily I caught it while I could still edit. 

• Like 20

Good morning.  We have another nice day on tap with temperatures going to 80. I made deviled eggs recently and they are delicious. I have not been to the port  and will not celebrate delusions as there are way too many already. I remember the start of HIV awareness and working in hospitals where there were so many severely ill patients. I have a long term survivor in our extended family and remain grateful for the better medication available today.

@Cruzin Terri, I was so sorry to hear about Jim’s fall and the lack of wheelchair assistance yesterday.i hope things are better today and that you can relax and enjoy your vacation.

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, those two dogs are so very cute!

@Sharon in AZ, I hope Blue feels better soon. It is hard when they can’t tell us what is wrong.

@Nickelpenny, Pennie, will you sub for the two schools on a part time or full time basis? I admire your energy. 

We are doing okay here so far today and had a few laughs about only making deviled eggs for dinner. The adults would be fine but our teenager would not like it. We decided on tacos which is so easy it is sinful. Once the aide arrives I will get out to the stores to renew supplies. Hopefully  it will be a quiet day.

Enjoy the day everyone 

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2