RECENT REVIEW of Apex: Southampton-based short-cruise, 23-27 May

On 6/10/2024 at 6:34 PM, kwokpot said:

That is absolutely, 100% INCORRECT and is WRONG INFORMATION. Drip coffee and various teas are available for all three meals, INCLUDING DINNER, in every main dining room. 

Just off Silhouette last month and for the first time on Celebrity never got offered tea or coffee after dinner.  Noted people around us also didn't, only people who   had a cappuccino and I guess they had drinks package. 

Felt like going back to RCI of old back in 2008 when didn't get them

54 minutes ago, Book bug said:

Just off Silhouette last month and for the first time on Celebrity never got offered tea or coffee after dinner.  Noted people around us also didn't, only people who   had a cappuccino and I guess they had drinks package. 

Did you ask for coffee with dessert? Did you speak to the matre D? Did you rate the dining room experience as a 1? 

15 hours ago, Book bug said:

Did you let your server know you wanted coffee?

Hi sorry for delay in replying that work thing got in the way! We were on anytime dining and had a a few different waiters and were seated in different areas so don't think it was that. It did throw us a bit but just went with it as we hadn't sailed with Celebrity post covid. On another Celebrity cruise later in the year so will see what happens ( different ship) but if it happens then will definitely ask/ see if that's another cut back

On 6/17/2024 at 4:16 PM, Book bug said:

Hi sorry for delay in replying that work thing got in the way! We were on anytime dining and had a a few different waiters and were seated in different areas so don't think it was that. It did throw us a bit but just went with it as we hadn't sailed with Celebrity post covid. On another Celebrity cruise later in the year so will see what happens ( different ship) but if it happens then will definitely ask/ see if that's another cut back

I always try to be proactive - while servers on cruise ships are usually great, they're not mind readers. They can't know you want coffee or tea if you don't ask. If I want some, I'll ask for it when I order my dessert.

• Thanks 1

Never had that in over 20 + cruises on several lines, but I guess that is the way now. Service is no longer. Also as I previously said noone else around us in all the different areas had tea/coffee either

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I always try to be proactive - while servers on cruise ships are usually great, they're not mind readers. They can't know you want coffee or tea if you don't ask. If I want some, I'll ask for it when I order my dessert.

Exactly.  Although, on our B2B2B on the Solstice, we had the same assistant waiter for the 2nd two cruises (Luminae).  He always brought me coffee, and always asked DH what he wanted, since he'd sometime change his order or skip it. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Book bug said:

Never had that in over 20 + cruises on several lines, but I guess that is the way now. Service is no longer. Also as I previously said noone else around us in all the different areas had tea/coffee either

That may be because the assistant waiters are not proactively asking whether you want coffee or tea after finishing your entrees (that seems quite common to offer dessert without inquiring about coffee or tea) but it's definitely not because it isn't being offered or there's an additional fees for it. That's patiently false information and you do a disservice to others my spreading misinformation that it's no longer offered or that there's an additional charges. 

On 6/9/2024 at 8:12 AM, billc23 said:

Thanks for the detailed review. I just booked the Apex for a Caribbean sailing in December and appreciate your comments/tips on the ship.

I booked the Apex to Portugal; and the Canaries, should be fab!

@Ducky_01 when you got your cruise paperwork with luggage tags did it say city or horizon terminal? Reason I ask is I got mine today top of the docs says city terminal but under directions it says horizon terminal - I can see from your pics you were at city.

I'm thinking mine just has a typo for directions

Just now, Lena11033 said:

@Ducky_01 when you got your cruise paperwork with luggage tags did it say city or horizon terminal? Reason I ask is I got mine today top of the docs says city terminal but under directions it says horizon terminal - I can see from your pics you were at city.

The Guest Ticket booklet said City Cruise terminal, as did directions for ABParking.  As far as I'm aware, Celebrity has always used City terminal.  Enjoy!

Just now, Ducky_01 said:

The Guest Ticket booklet said City Cruise terminal, as did directions for ABParking.  As far as I'm aware, Celebrity has always used City terminal.  Enjoy!

Thanks that's what I thought - someone didn't proof read very well the docs lol

7 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

This link should confirm. https://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2024 at 6:42 PM, Book bug said:

If we wanted coffee/tea with dessert, we would ask for it and  a dessert menu.

Will do so on on our Silho cruise in DEC