As Time4utogo said, you won't see the points added to your account until the cruise is over. I think you will usually see the change within a week of the end of the cruise. Sometimes sooner. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This is a rather common question. If you think about it, just about everybody reaches their next tier on a given cruise at some point in the cruise. It likely is rare otherwise. Just to echo the above responses, the tier levels are achieved by the total points earned and accrued on a given cruise and next tier advancement is recognized on the subsequent cruise from that on which they were earned.  The only RCCL C & A exception is Pinnacle, which is recognized on the cruise on which it is reached.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, LadyZolt said:

As Time4utogo said, you won't see the points added to your account until the cruise is over. I think you will usually see the change within a week of the end of the cruise. Sometimes sooner. 

Building on this even further...We just returned from our first ever cruisetour.  While we knew that we would receive points for the entire trip (both ship and land nights), we weren't sure the logistics of how/when they would be credited...all at once or piece by piece.

What we experienced was within a couple days of concluding the 7-night sailing portion of our cruisetour, the points for that portion were credited.  Then once we concluded the post-cruise land portion, those points were credited.  Mystery solved...and just like that we are now D+.

Edited by SuzD123
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

The only RCCL C & A exception is Pinnacle, which is recognized on the cruise on which it is reached.

A Pin corrected me (clarified 😁) on a previous post when I said something to that effect. While they are recognized on that cruise, they apparently don't actually get the P benefits until the next cruise.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

You'd be Emerald on your next cruise after the 5 point cruise since the points aren't added until after your cruise. For example, I need 15 points to reach Diamond. I have a cruise coming up that will shorten that to 5 points. Had my next cruise after that not been with Celebrity (where I'll move to Elite), my cruise after that (worth 7 points and will be in November 2025) would move me up to Diamond for any 2026 cruises, even though I met the threshold in 2025.

However, thanks to the reciprocal status with Celebrity, my next cruise after this (January 2025, worth 30 points) would move me to Diamond for the November 2025 cruise.

Edited by broadwaybaby123

Posted (edited)

You get 1 pt regular, sharing a double cabin. A solo in a double cabin gets 2 pts per night. A solo in a JS or above gets 3 pts per  night. So you could get as many as 15 pts solo inna suite on a 5 day cruise., 

Edited by firefly333

18 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

The only RCCL C & A exception is Pinnacle, which is recognized on the cruise on which it is reached.

Is this true, because I was on an Allure sail right after the pandemic and the individual mentioned  that he would not get the P benefits or recognition until the following sail.

18 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

True, new Pinnacles are recognized at the Top Tier party while on the cruise that gets them to 700 points, but even with Pinnacle, the on board benefits start on the next cruise.😇

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Is this true, because I was on an Allure sail right after the pandemic and the individual mentioned  that he would not get the P benefits or recognition until the following sail.

Perhaps I should have used the word "acknowledged".  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Perhaps I should have used the word "acknowledged".  

No problem, knowing Royal everything is in flux.🤣

14 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

However, thanks to the reciprocal status with Celebrity, my next cruise after this (January 2025, worth 30 points) would move me to Diamond for the November 2025 cruise.

I didn't do anything and became Diamond Plus last week. 😄

• Haha 2