Eco Name Tags??

So just got an email offering  "eco friendly name tags" for our upcoming cruise. All we had to do was confirm our email address. As R already has our email address, my suspicion is that if I were to fill the out the reform, R would not send the regular tags. I much prefer the standard tags sent along with our cruise docs.  Has anyone else have this come up?

Name tags?  We've never received name tags from Regent.  The only tags we have received from Regent are luggage tags.

From what you have told us, I would be very suspicious of the email you received.  Does the sender's email address include end with @rssc.com?  If not, do not respond...it's likely a phishing expedition.

Posted (edited)

We have sailed with Regent enough that a lot of our luggage has old-fashioned Regent tags more-or-less permanently attached to the handle. Usually they are some sort of plastic leather substitute with our identifying info inside the 'wallet'.  Whether these "permanent" luggage tags are less eco-friendly than paper tags which are only used once and then thrown out or recycled is a question that I can't answer.

Edited by DavidTheWonderer
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Trunkabella said:

They are luggage tags, not name tags.  The link is to a legit Regent website.  The email was forwarded to us by our TA.

IMG_0822.jpeg

So I think the OP's question was, if they DON'T respond to the email will they receive the old pleather luggage tags, rather than the paper ones.

I read that email as not really giving them a choice. Regent just wants to confirm the address to send the tags ,which will be paper instead of the older(nicer!) ones.

I'm pretty sure these tags are the ones you put on your cases on the day of embarkation to make sure they get to your suite. They are single use only.

If you are Platinum or above, you should get leather tags with your cruise documentation (not that there is much of that any more!)

Even if you're Platinum (like we are), they don't send leather (not real leather) tags any longer. On our last cruise in April all we received was the tags to deliver luggage to cabin. Maybe if you are brand new Platinum they send the leather tags the first time.

6 minutes ago, forevertravel said:

Even if you're Platinum (like we are), they don't send leather (not real leather) tags any longer. On our last cruise in April all we received was the tags to deliver luggage to cabin. Maybe if you are brand new Platinum they send the leather tags the first time.

So are they at least sending the paper tags or do they email them and we have to print them out?

35 minutes ago, chamima said:

So are they at least sending the paper tags or do they email them and we have to print them out?

If the e-mail them, what about paper quality, or how would they hold up from dock to suite?

I just received my tags for an early July sailing.  They are a plasticized paper, and should hold up well for luggage transfer from the longshoremen to delivery to your suite, or hotel to suite as the case may be.  I received the "pleather" ones in the past, but these are just fine.  If they have to cut costs somewhere, then this is the place to do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have quite a collection of the "pleather" tags, accumulated over the years - including one for the Splendor's Inugural season on the cruise that didn't happen!   I use them on all our suitcases and they have lasted very well.  I don't see how much more eco friendly they could be!  (I may even have a couple from Radisson...)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

If the e-mail them, what about paper quality, or how would they hold up from dock to suite?

Celebrity and Princess now email them. (Actually it's not even an email. You have to click on a link in your cruise documents on line and find them there. Then print yourself.) They print out so that you fold them over and people say they work . We purchased plastic holders to put them in .

Cruise Tags - Cruise Ship Luggage Etag Holder with Zip Seal & Steel Loops (4 Pack)

• Like 2

I very much dislike the paper tags.  They rarely make it to our suite.  I guess they look at our regular bag tags and figure out where we are "living" from there.

To make sure our luggage gets from the place we put them (where ever it may be) to get to our suites, I will either cover the tags with clear contact paper or put them in a sheet protector cut down.  They always are still on our luggage when they get delivered

3 hours ago, chamima said:

Celebrity and Princess now email them. (Actually it's not even an email. You have to click on a link in your cruise documents on line and find them there. Then print yourself.) They print out so that you fold them over and people say they work . We purchased plastic holders to put them in .

Cruise Tags - Cruise Ship Luggage Etag Holder with Zip Seal & Steel Loops (4 Pack)

Have the same for our luggage tags, bought on Amazon. Very inexpensive and work well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jjs217 said:

I just received my tags for an early July sailing.  They are a plasticized paper, and should hold up well for luggage transfer from the longshoremen to delivery to your suite, or hotel to suite as the case may be.  I received the "pleather" ones in the past, but these are just fine.  If they have to cut costs somewhere, then this is the place to do it.

Yes those are pretty good, but if you print them at home--I'm not sure they would hold up-let alone you'd have to have tape, staple them or glue them????????????

2 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

Yes those are pretty good, but if you print them at home--I'm not sure they would hold up-let alone you'd have to have tape, staple them or glue them????????????

Exactly.  The plasticized paper ones Regent mailed to me are pretty tough.  The print from home ones are useless.

• Thanks 1

As someone asked earlier, if you do not respond to the email does Regent then send the old style luggage tag with the cruise documents that clearly displays the deck where your suite located?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jjs217 said:

Exactly.  The plasticized paper ones Regent mailed to me are pretty tough.  The print from home ones are useless.

Really doesn't make sense at all--maybe once they have to look for 100 or more luggage and figure out what suites they belong too they will realize what a mistake this was🙃.

On 6/14/2024 at 2:08 AM, Aloha 1 said:

So just got an email offering  "eco friendly name tags" for our upcoming cruise. All we had to do was confirm our email address.

emailing to ask for an email address doesn’t seem to make sense.

Are you sure Regent didn’t ask for confirmation of your postal address, as post #3, so that they can mail you the luggage tags ?

I have never encountered Regent emailing ‘print-at-home’ labels.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, flossie009 said:

emailing to ask for an email address doesn’t seem to make sense.

Are you sure Regent didn’t ask for confirmation of your postal address, as post #3, so that they can mail you the luggage tags ?

I have never encountered Regent emailing ‘print-at-home’ labels.

Sorry. Yes, they wanted to confirm our mailing address - which they already have on file. Still doesn't answer the question of will we still receive the plasticised tags if we do not respond to this email?

16 hours ago, shuguley said:

As someone asked earlier, if you do not respond to the email does Regent then send the old style luggage tag with the cruise documents that clearly displays the deck where your suite located?

I got my luggage tags (color coded with suite location) in the mail without being asked by Regent for any information.

Well mystery solved. R had two addresses listed which was why I got the email. They are the plastic coated pre printed tags.

• Thanks 1

For several years now (as recently as January), we've received the tough plasticized paper tags which have a loop at one end through which the tag passes to secure it to the bag.  Yesterday we received tags for our July cruise and they are the self-adhesive type where you peel off part of the back and join the ends.  This is a minor change from our perspective...not good or bad.

Haven't seen the pleather tags for several years (Platinum), but those were never the boarding tags, just baggage tags.