Was It A Rumor - Sun Princess Dining Changes??

13 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Do you know how large this group is? I had a cruise ruined once by a large group. They took over so many areas of the ship.

if you google bear cruises, the group will come up - click on gallery for previous cruise pictures.

their cruise cabin portion was waitlisted in most cabin categories currently

it can be a large group - but it's also a large ship

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, voljeep said:

if you google bear cruises, the group will come up - click on gallery for previous cruise pictures.

their cruise cabin portion was waitlisted in most cabin categories currently

it can be a large group - but it's also a large ship

Thank you. I will check.

I’m not bothered by the type of a group but I am bothered by the size of a group. The very large group that ruined my cruise were totally trashed the entire cruise and they took over the Lido deck. It was awful. 

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you. I will check.

I’m not bothered by the type of a group but I am bothered by the size of a group. The very large group that ruined my cruise were totally trashed the entire cruise and they took over the Lido deck. It was awful. 

on a Princess ship??

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

on a Princess ship??

YES! It was a massive kickball group. They all wore Santa suits when they went into Ensenada so if any were too drunk to make it back to the ship they could easily be spotted. The sail away started with them tossing a blow-up doll around. AWFUL. 

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

YES! It was a massive kickball group. They all wore Santa suits when they went into Ensenada so if any were too drunk to make it back to the ship they could easily be spotted. The sail away started with them tossing a blow-up doll around. AWFUL. 

Sounds like Carnival.

In the press release regarding their new dining rooms, this is what they say about the new Sanctuary Dining Room...

"Sanctuary Restaurant

Located on Deck 8 aft, in the previous space of the Americana Diner, the Sanctuary Restaurant will be an exclusive spot for guests staying in the Sanctuary Collection. This venue features a custom chef’s menu, dedicated waitstaff, and breathtaking ocean views, creating an unforgettable dining atmosphere."

I am deeply concerned that they think there is going to be "breathtaking ocean views" when the windows look out to the Wakeview Bar and people walking by in their swim suits! Seriously. Come on Princess!!

Edited by Nikkibird
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nikkibird said:

In the press release regarding their new dining rooms, this is what they say about the new Sanctuary Dining Room...

"Sanctuary Restaurant

Located on Deck 8 aft, in the previous space of the Americana Diner, the Sanctuary Restaurant will be an exclusive spot for guests staying in the Sanctuary Collection. This venue features a custom chef’s menu, dedicated waitstaff, and breathtaking ocean views, creating an unforgettable dining atmosphere."

I am deeply concerned that they think there is going to be "breathtaking ocean views" when the windows look out to the Wakeview Bar and people walking by in their swim suits! Seriously. Come on Princess!!

And that is the designated smoking area out there. We will be in the elevator with the smell of cigarette smoke.   With them now selling Sanctuary cabins with Premier all inclusive SD I can see this restaurant disappearing shortly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dog said:

And that is the designated smoking area out there. We will be in the elevator with the smell of cigarette smoke.   With them now selling Sanctuary cabins with Premier all inclusive SD I can see this restaurant disappearing shortly.

But there are lots of us that booked before the Premier addition to Sanctuary rooms and only have Plus. So what happens to us 😕. They should have at least made us a good offer to upgrade to premier. Our cruise isn't until November/25.

27 minutes ago, Nikkibird said:

"Sanctuary Restaurant

Here is a breathtaking view from the new Sanctuary Dining room, previously Americana from Cruisedeckplans

IMG_0341 - Copy.jpg

• Thanks 2

I would like to see the entry/ exit areas and route from elevators to wakeview pool.

Booked two nights at Love by Britto, since I could not make any other reservations for 3 of my nights out of 7. Elite- so what?

• Like 2

LOL.  We will definitely ask for a table WITHOUT the "ocean" view, and as far away from the "ocean" as possible.

Interesting that Princess management decided to stick the most expensive cabins in the least desirable dining location.

I wonder if this will negatively affect how much people are willing to pay for the Sanctuary cabins, particularly the suites.

6 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

LOL.  We will definitely ask for a table WITHOUT the "ocean" view, and as far away from the "ocean" as possible.

Interesting that Princess management decided to stick the most expensive cabins in the least desirable dining location.

I wonder if this will negatively affect how much people are willing to pay for the Sanctuary cabins, particularly the suites.

Now they have the unlimited SD premier package- less need to go to Sanctuary restaurant.

• Like 1

Again, I am holding out until we see the finished product.

True, there will definitely NOT be an open 'view'.

But, with the windows covered with. nice filtering blinds and drapes. (which there are some minimal drapes on each side of the port and starboard windows..  but they are not that noticeable or impressive.). It could still be very nice.

The entry area is super nice.  

Neutral carpeting works.

Some other nice elements.

Just HATE, HATE, those hanging light fixtures.  (yeh, let me tell you how I really feel Hahaha!!!)

27 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Again, I am holding out until we see the finished product.

True, there will definitely NOT be an open 'view'.

But, with the windows covered with. nice filtering blinds and drapes. (which there are some minimal drapes on each side of the port and starboard windows..  but they are not that noticeable or impressive.). It could still be very nice.

The entry area is super nice.  

Neutral carpeting works.

Some other nice elements.

Just HATE, HATE, those hanging light fixtures.  (yeh, let me tell you how I really feel Hahaha!!!)

I know you didn't mention it but I am struggling with what feels like very low quality seating and bare tables.  I hope they swap the furniture from the other restaurants up here to make this look better (and make it more comfortable).