Dining reservations

negn

25 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Well, can I childishly complain that it didn't start at 9:00 am, PDT? 

I'm going to post my complaint at 12:01 AM PST on June 18, 2024.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I'm hoping that something will miraculously take place to allow me to book Churascarria on Sapphire. No issues with any other specialty dining except this one...

Nah, you know that no matter how low the bar is set Princess manages to disappoint  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mary loves to travel said:

I have to wonder if IT set the schedule, or if the date was handed down from on high. 

Could be Execs set the date without checking with IT, that never happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If they say it will be available on June 17th, I would expect it to be active at least at the start of business hours. If they can't do that they should send out a mass email with a new date. They have had months to prepare for this. 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

On the app it is easy to change between reserved cruises when you have more than one in order to do dinner reservations. 

Online using web browser version from my PC it defaults to the earliest reserved cruise and there does not seem to be any way to change to any of the later cruises.  Has anyone had luck with changing this ?

Edited by mrell345

56 minutes ago, billco said:

June 17th has 24 hours. Still plenty of time to be within the announcement. Perhaps Princess gets some sort of sadistic joy out of watching all the childish people complain that it didn't start at midnight,

They are also on the west coast.  We will stay up to 2am here in Dallas to see if it is operational! 🤣

• Haha 2

Could be IT was worried about crash with  a set opening time knowing people would be ready. They’ll probably open it at some random time to avoid the rush.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dpalmquist said:

I am having trouble loading the app. Could something be happening or is the app just being the app?

I’ve found the ap to load like it’s on dial up. It’s been that way for many months for me anyway. I open it and then walk away now. I no longer stare at the blue sea witch burning it into my eyeballs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I'm hoping that something will miraculously take place to allow me to book Churascarria on Sapphire. No issues with any other specialty dining except this one...

You might want to call in on that one.

33 minutes ago, dpalmquist said:

I am having trouble loading the app. Could something be happening or is the app just being the app?

Mine opens in about 5 seconds. Maybe delete and reload yours.  Also, if your phone is older, that could be an issue as well.  The app has worked much faster since I upgraded my phone recently. 

16 minutes ago, dog said:

Few fb friends are getting in now. I’m no t. And will wait for tomorrow.

Good to know. I wonder if I'm wasting my time. The cruise I'm trying to book for isn't until next February, and it would make sense if they rolled this out in stages. I'm only forging ahead on it due to strong preference on the part of my hubby for fixed dining.

2 hours ago, mrell345 said:

On the app it is easy to change between reserved cruises when you have more than one in order to do dinner reservations. 

Online using web browser version from my PC it defaults to the earliest reserved cruise and there does not seem to be any way to change to any of the later cruises.  Has anyone had luck with changing this ?

Scroll down to the bottom of the page on the web version and you'll see an option to log in with your booking number. Enter the number of the cruise you want, your name and birthday and it'll bring you to that cruise. I just did it this morning.

• Thanks 1

I was able to book through the app both the Catch and Crown Grill, but not Sabatini's or the dining rooms (not really interested there, but was testing it).   Yes I'm paid up.

Not in a rush currently, got the things I wanted on the at sea days so I'm happy with that at least.

5 minutes ago, Jnsplace1 said:

I was able to book through the app both the Catch and Crown Grill, but not Sabatini's or the dining rooms (not really interested there, but was testing it).   Yes I'm paid up.

Not in a rush currently, got the things I wanted on the at sea days so I'm happy with that at least.

the same here.

9 hours ago, MyriamS said:

I don't see anything childish about expecting a midnight release. Updates to an app/website can be scheduled to happen at any time of the day or night with no need for human intervention. 

Yes, code can be pushed without human intervention.  But there is human intervention after it is pushed. Testing, validation, etc. If there are issues, the code push can be rolled back.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Aggie83 said:

Yes, code can be pushed without human intervention.  But there is human intervention after it is pushed. Testing, validation, etc. If there are issues, the code push can be rolled back.

That’s a fact. I am manually dealing with a data automation problem as I write this. 

• Like 1

Most of the testing should happen before changes are pushed into production (in a sandbox/dev environment). Of course, problems will still occur afterwards (like everyone overloading the app/website by trying to book the minute it opens).

However, June 17th is now almost over and the new dining system has clearly not been implemented yet, so I would say Princess were simply not ready for this change. 

• Like 1

very few made any reservations.

I have not be able to make any for March 2025.

with the exception of specialty restaurants.

All my SUN reservations for Oct'24 are still there.

, made months ago.