On Eclipse...no Decoy in premium

I thought this was resolved a few months ago. On Eclipse and have been told at several venues that you can only get Decoy in Luminae or if you buy a bottle. Did I miss this news flash? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RealDeal said:

I thought this was resolved a few months ago. On Eclipse and have been told at several venues that you can only get Decoy in Luminae or if you buy a bottle. Did I miss this news flash? 

Was it only wait staff who told you this?  I would definitely check with F&B management.

Wine supply seems to be an issue on Eclipse.  We sailed in May and ate in the MDR.  One of my sailing companions regularly drinks Pinot Grigio at dinner (NOT an expensive wine at all).  She's not even fussy with the brand of Pinot Grigio!!  The MDR ran out of Pinot Grigio on night 5 of the 8-night cruise and there was none to be had in the MDR for the remainder of the cruise.  Did they have Pinot Grigio elsewhere on the ship?  Yes, they did.  But NONE was available in the MDR.  CRAZY to have the MDR "run out" of this popular, cheap white wine!!!!

I need to stop posting before I have coffee. I don’t know why my post said I am Souza. That is of course solstice and I was able to get a glass of decoy on the premium package with no up charge last night at dinner.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

I need to stop posting before I have coffee. I don’t know why my post said I am Souza. That is of course solstice and I was able to get a glass of decoy on the premium package with no up charge last night at dinner.

LOL.  Trying to figure it out, I actually googled Souza and several derivatives with Celebrity before I gave up!  Forget coffee - maybe less Decoy?  Or maybe more??  Thanks for clarifying😉

Edited by leaveitallbehind

7 hours ago, RealDeal said:

What about a place like Cellar Master’s that I know is not on every ship.  Or even one of the lounges?  Are we talking about a glass or a bottle?  Is it really only in Luminae?  

I guess we can’t let just anyone drink it, now can we?

47 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

LOL.  Trying to figure it out, I actually googled Souza and several derivatives with Celebrity before I gave up!  Forget coffee - maybe less Decoy?  Or maybe more??  Thanks for clarifying😉

Bring on the Decoy.  Again, I apologize.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Bring on the Decoy.  Again, I apologize.

No apologies necessary.  As you may be aware I've had one or two of those in my illustrious CC career as well - LOL.

Enjoy your cruise! ....and the Decoy,

Edited by leaveitallbehind

If I wine I ordered in the MDR was not available but was known to be elsewhere on the ship, I would be having a one on one with the maitre'd and if that did not resolve it, then the food and beverage manager.  They all pull from the same stock room.  

• Like 4

I was on Eclipse the first week in June. I had Decoy nightly in the MDR and at Ensemble Lounge several evenings. I will add however that there was a lack of Goslings  ginger beer the entire cruise including after the 3 day stop in Bermuda. 

59 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

If I wine I ordered in the MDR was not available but was known to be elsewhere on the ship, I would be having a one on one with the maitre'd and if that did not resolve it, then the food and beverage manager.  They all pull from the same stock room.  

I have told the story of how it took the Tuscan staff on Beyond three tries to get me a bottle of wine.  Can’t they check a computer to see what’s in stock?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I have told the story of how it took the Tuscan staff on Beyond three tries to get me a bottle of wine.  Can’t they check a computer to see what’s in stock?

I do not think the bartenders have that capability.  A bartender in Michael's Club once showed me a form with a list of what he could order from stock.  He submitted it, someone authorized it, someone pulled it, and someone delivered it to the bar.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I do not think the bartenders have that capability.  A bartender in Michael's Club once showed me a form with a list of what he could order from stock.  He submitted it, someone authorized it, someone pulled it, and someone delivered it to the bar.  

The folks in Tuscan could have asked me for a second and third choice when I ordered the bottle of wine.  I ended up with Decoy Cabernet for $60 onboard when it retails for $25.

Edited by zitsky

28 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Do they have a Gingrich Hills or Caymus on board?

Perhaps they are doing you a favor by losing the Duck😁

It’s Grgich.  They made the Opulence.  But I’ve read some reports that it’s getting hard to find.

57 minutes ago, zitsky said:

It’s Grgich.  They made the Opulence.  But I’ve read some reports that it’s getting hard to find.

What?  They could not afford to put any vowels in?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

The folks in Tuscan could have asked me for a second and third choice when I ordered the bottle of wine.  I ended up with Decoy Cabernet for $60 onboard when it retails for $25.

Decoy Cabernet sells for under 20 here , when Kroger has a sale it’s 15 . Duckhorn merlot is a little under 50. A long time ago they ran out of decoy in Luminae and they gave us Caymus instead for no extra charge.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, George C said:

Decoy Cabernet sells for under 20 here , when Kroger has a sale it’s 15 . Duckhorn merlot is a little under 50. A long time ago they ran out of decoy in Luminae and they gave us Caymus instead for no extra charge.

Here are my prices at my local North Carolina Total Wine.

Duckhorn Sauvignon Blanc $24.99

Duckhorn Chardonnay Napa Valley 2022 $26.69

Duckhorn Cabernet Napa 2021 $58.99

Duckhorn Merlot Napa 2021 $43.99

Duckhorn Merlot Three Palms 2020 $109.99

Duckhorn Discussion Red Napa Valley 2019 $164.99

Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon Limited $20.99

Decoy Chardonnay $16.99

Decoy Sauvignon Blanc $14.99

Decoy Merlot $18.99

Decoy Pinot Noir $19.99

Decoy Red Blend Limited $24.99