*** Flash Cruise Planner Sale on Dining ***

Beware of the sale... this time the GRATUITIES ARE NOT INCLUDED in the posted sale prices  I almost cancelled my previous purchases from a few months ago to repurchase, but noticed just in time.  Once they add the grats to the total in the cart, it was more than my previous price I got in April.

This was for the 3 night pkg and the Chef's Table.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

Same for me, about the same price as before because now they are adding gratuities. This was for the unlimited dining package.

Edited by marci22
  • Like 3

I was able to get one of my UDP reservations rebooked at about $100 savings.  I had three others with original "gratuities included" that came out almost exactly the same as the new pricing once grats were added in.  The one with the savings did not have grats included originally, so this is probably worth checking out, but carefully.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dpostman said:

Beware of the sale... this time the GRATUITIES ARE NOT INCLUDED in the posted sale prices  I almost cancelled my previous purchases from a few months ago to repurchase, but noticed just in time.  Once they add the grats to the total in the cart, it was more than my previous price I got in April.

Yes, got Giovanni’s lunch for $14.99 + grats on pasta day for my upcoming Symphony sail. 

• Like 3

Hah. I just did a mock reservation for the UDP and since they removed the "Grats included" offer and raised the base price, this new offer brings my all-in price to $90/day per couple... Before the flash sale I had it pegged at... drum roll... $90/day per couple...

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Thank you for posting. I was looking at Chops lunch on the Grandeur for $57 (for two), today it is $42, so I booked it. 

I found the most savings to be for specialty lunches.  A few dining packages resulted in some savings but nearly all of my boarding day lunches dropped in price today.  It’s nice to see a REAL “sale” occasionally.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I found the most savings to be for specialty lunches.  A few dining packages resulted in some savings but nearly all of my boarding day lunches dropped in price today.  It’s nice to see a REAL “sale” occasionally.

We really enjoy embarkation day specialty lunches. This one will be even better because we go to the WJ on first nights out of Tampa so we can be on a top deck as the ship sails under the Skyway Bridge. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

It also convinced me to sign up for a Hibachi lunch for our party of 6 for the first time, so I saved $80 on other meals but spent another $198 LOL.  🤣  Well worth it though.

Me thinks @FionaMG works for RCL!! 😆

P.S., We also bit and booked a couple of specialty lunches that we normally wouldn't have, but Spaving is Spaving (Spending to save) LOL

Edited by cruisemiser1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, cruisemiser1 said:

Me thinks @FionaMG works for RCL!! 😆

P.S., We also bit and booked a couple of specialty lunches that we normally wouldn't have, but Spaving is Spaving (Spending to save) LOL

Haha, promise you I don't although I was a travel agent many moons ago and the cruise planning bug still bites. 😂

I'm glad you were able to save a bit. I was very happy to get a decent price for embarkation day lunch on my upcoming cruise on Freedom. ☺️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the heads up! I booked Jamie's Italian lunch for our October Mariner sailing. 😊

Question: We will be boarding Harmony the day after we disembark Mariner. Does anyone happen to know how to book for lunch at Sabor on Harmony? We prefer to eat our main meal at lunch, but on the Cruise Planner only dinner hours are available to reserve. I thought about reserving dinner, then trying to change it to lunch once we are on the ship. 

@OCSC Mike, maybe you have suggestions since it's Sabor 🌮 🥑, assuming it's the same  reservation/change process on all ships?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JustUs275 said:

Question: We will be boarding Harmony the day after we disembark Mariner. Does anyone happen to know how to book for lunch at Sabor on Harmony? We prefer to eat our main meal at lunch, but on the Cruise Planner only dinner hours are available to reserve. I thought about reserving dinner, then trying to change it to lunch once we are on the ship. 

@OCSC Mike, maybe you have suggestions since it's Sabor 🌮 🥑, assuming it's the same  reservation/change process on all ships?

Wish I could help you. I've seen that sorta thing before though. Giovanni's lunch wasn't available in the CP for my Wonder cruises for a while... then it eventually appeared. No idea why. Royal IT shenanigans perhaps.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Wish I could help you. I've seen that sorta thing before though. Giovanni's lunch wasn't available in the CP for my Wonder cruises for a while... then it eventually appeared. No idea why. Royal IT shenanigans perhaps.

So much Royal IT shenanigans 🙄

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dpostman said:

I was just coming on here to post this as well.  This almost caught me.  I had a couple better deals that I got during the last black Friday sale that included grats. I just about cancelled and rebooked.  I'd have ended up paying a few bucks more.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I was just coming on here to post this as well.  This almost caught me.  I had a couple better deals that I got during the last black Friday sale that included grats. I just about cancelled and rebooked.  I'd have ended up paying a few bucks more.  

That all being said... I did find one of my cruises for next year with a pretty good price that I hadn't seen any real sale on yet.  So I nailed that one down.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Glad you caught it before it caught you. 😬

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I added Giovanni’s embarkation day lunch on Wonder of the Seas in January tor $40 for two. Even without considering the food, the chance to escape the chaos of embarkation day in the WJ is worth $20 pp.  

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I added Giovanni’s embarkation day lunch on Wonder of the Seas in January tor $40 for two. Even without considering the food, the chance to escape the chaos of embarkation day in the WJ is worth $20 pp.  

🥰

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

My philosophy exactly! 🙂

• Like 1