2026 NCL Cruise Critic cruise (proposed)

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

We hope to book in the next day or so…waiting for a CF credit to get back to our account!!  We won’t be in the Haven, but I know you get out and about a lot.  maybe we could convince @ChiefMateJRK to join, too. 

Yes and @Sailing12Away and @oteixeira too. Could be fun but as Marty used to say, getting everyone together is like herding cats!

200.gif

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Yes and @Sailing12Away and @oteixeira too. Could be fun but as Marty used to say, getting everyone together is like herding cats!

200.gif

If you are talking about the 2/25 cruise I already have something booked in Nov of this year and Jan of 25.  Since I am still working I really can't do three that close together.  But you can lift a glass for me!!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

If you are talking about the 2/25 cruise I already have something booked in Nov of this year and Jan of 25.  Since I am still working I really can't do three that close together.  But you can lift a glass for me!!!

I think @laudergayle is also thinking about a 2026 cruise when the new dates open up. I’d definitely be up for that! She has a spreadsheet listing some great options. 

Here is the link to the Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_6mL29I60rxhtElTw5UKKsr9aYdcpxF-de5BXUM9XE/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 2

1 hour ago, debenson0723 said:

So who is going to plan the Superbowl Party?  We will be in Puerto Vallerta that day so I can run across the street to Wal-Mart to buy snacks (along with the other Party Princess, @Sugar Magnolia).

I have been to these Mexican ports so many times that I will probably spend a lot of time on the ship, hopefully in the Thermal Spa. The only new port for me is Panama City, which I am looking forward to,

Good point about the Super Bowl party. I would imagine the ship should have the game on most, if not all, TVs. If not, we're in PV until 9:00, so it should be on in bars. Can't miss the Packers hoisting the Lombardi trophy and bringing it back home where it belongs.

We've also been to most of these ports and will anticipate having the ship to ourselves on several days. Shorter lines at the bars. The Schmoopies hate waiting for drinks. Well, maybe hate is too strong of a word. I'll go with strongly dislike. There...much better.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, debenson0723 said:

So who is going to plan the Superbowl Party?  We will be in Puerto Vallerta that day so I can run across the street to Wal-Mart to buy snacks (along with the other Party Princess, @Sugar Magnolia).

I have been to these Mexican ports so many times that I will probably spend a lot of time on the ship, hopefully in the Thermal Spa. The only new port for me is Panama City, which I am looking forward to,

Have you ever stopped at the Tequila Lighthouse in Cabo? The Almond flavor Tequila tastes like Christmas cookies and the chocolate Tequila OMG. Thankfully we ended up back in NYC, we had 6 bottles tucked away.

47 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

I think @laudergayle is also thinking about a 2026 cruise when the new dates open up. I’d definitely be up for that! She has a spreadsheet listing some great options. 

Here is the link to the Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_6mL29I60rxhtElTw5UKKsr9aYdcpxF-de5BXUM9XE/edit?usp=sharing

We're all thinking about a 2026 cruise...when NCL gets around to putting out schedules.

As for the spreadsheet, don't steal @cruiseny4life's thunder, since it was his creation. But thanks for bumping back up, so more people can see it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Prima, Viva, Aqua ... got another one

what about ...

"Wawa" 

folks across the Hudson River should be very familiar with this name/brand. 

P.S.  how about "Lava" for a volcanic theme 😁

Had plenty of experience when younger using Lava.  And although threatened many times, never had any in mouth.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Have you ever stopped at the Tequila Lighthouse in Cabo? The Almond flavor Tequila tastes like Christmas cookies and the chocolate Tequila OMG. Thankfully we ended up back in NYC, we had 6 bottles tucked away.

No, surprisingly enough. But will definitely make a pilgrimage on this cruise.

4 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

We're all thinking about a 2026 cruise...when NCL gets around to putting out schedules.

As for the spreadsheet, don't steal @cruiseny4life's thunder, since it was his creation. But thanks for bumping back up, so more people can see it. 

Don't worry! No pride of ownership here. The 2026 cruise is the only part I care about it.🤩

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Mea Culpa @cruiseny4life. Great spreadsheet and 2026 cruise options. Thanks for creating it. 🙏

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Well now you just gave me a reason to get off in Cabo. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Has anyone (besides the Schmoopies) actually booked the Feb 6 cruise? Since we booked it several weeks ago, our cabin price has increased a few hundred dollars. Might want to jump on it, if interested.

Is some of that due to NCL's new policy of including all fees and taxes in advertised fares?  Did you do a full mock booking to confirm?

12 minutes ago, EngrJones said:

Is some of that due to NCL's new policy of including all fees and taxes in advertised fares?  Did you do a full mock booking to confirm?

Our full payment (including taxes and fees) is a few hundred lower than the current published price.

6 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

think @laudergayle is also thinking about a 2026 cruise when the new dates open up. I’d definitely be up for that! She has a spreadsheet listing some great options. 

Thanks for the credit, but as @schmoopie17 already mentioned, all credit for the 2026 spreadsheet goes to @cruiseny4life … who also started the “cool kids cruise” on the 2/2/25 Getaway😁

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Has anyone (besides the Schmoopies) actually booked the Feb 6 cruise? Since we booked it several weeks ago, our cabin price has increased a few hundred dollars. Might want to jump on it, if interested.

I have not but I haven't booked my Prima cruise in November yet either. I tend to be more last minute (3 months or less) but I think I did mention that Joy cruises tend to go up, rather than down. I checked today and it is the same price as when I looked last week so I will probably throw the deposit on it soon, just in case. Airfares aren't going to be too difficult in February either, at least from Phoenix.

Once the initial excitement over the #SchmoopieFest announcement dies down, prices might drop again (fingers crossed). 

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, mking8288 said:

LOL, maybe, most likely, "Against The Odds" that NCL will "up" their onboard Starlink connectivity speed to better stream AV contents, including sports programming ??  It's probably another reason why NCL hasn't raised WiFi prices fleetwide b/c Norwegian is at a disadvantage - will be "paying" for Cunard WiFi for 4 or 5 (full, sea) days only at $25 p/d and getting offset by OBC, thus essentially "free" again. 

https://www.thestreet.com/travel/carnival-and-royal-caribbean-quietly-fix-a-huge-cruising-problem

I really should spend more time over at the other 2 forums in the next 2 to 3 months instead of hanging out here, but can't "abandon" all the cruise friends & buddies here.   Otherwise,  anything is possible for 2025 (2 booked on NCL, including TA late in the year) and 2026.  

Cunard webpage actually seems to invite more casual crowd via what to wear.  Been 40 years since my first and last Cunard but enjoyed.  

Perused Cunard here.  Seems like the best thing I can do is send you some Geritol.

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

The Admiral might go for the Tampa one. Warm up, so to speak and just a hop skip and a jump to the port

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CptBoatface said:

That is probably my one of the best videos of all time on the Internet 

The company I worked for in the 90’s-00’s used Fallon McElligot (now Fallon Worldwide) as our ad agency out of Minneapolis.  They created for one of their clients the Herding Cats ad for TV.  They were/are exceptionally creative. 

6 hours ago, dexddd said:

Cunard webpage actually seems to invite more casual crowd via what to wear ... Seems like the best thing I can do is send you some Geritol.

Aging is an inevitable fact of life, neither you nor I can run away from it.  Shall we share the Geritol.  Hashbrown 😋 with steak & eggs ... no beans 😁

Collage_2024-07-01_12_35_48.thumb.jpg.62ee785f096c41b08a606dee1cd2d8b3.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4