Introducing Seven Seas Prestige

Sailing in 2026. Not much info but a short video. It looks like there is still no public outdoor forward-facing space. It also looks like, at a quick glance, that the suites will all have the same depth balcony which would be nice. 

Introducing Seven Seas Prestige™—the embodiment of our vision for the future of luxury ocean travel. Every detail of her elevated design will reflect our unwavering commitment to excellence. She will be the definition of Luxury Transcended. 

As the first of two Prestige Class ships, Seven Seas Prestige will embark on her maiden voyage in 2026, followed by her sister ship in 2029. The Prestige Class will feature brand new accommodation categories, including a stunning reimagination of the palatial Regent Suite, plus innovative new dining experiences.

39 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Ick, glad I'm going to miss all that. It's all so over the top.

39 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Ick, glad I'm going to miss all that. It's all so over the top.

I like over the top luxury.  Anymore, "over-the-top" might just mean "regular luxury".  We shall see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mudhen said:

So what ship, if any, is going to be cut from the squad?

The video calls it Regent's seventh ship so perhaps they don't intend to sell one off.

Despite being described as the first Prestige-class ship, it very much resembles the Explorer-class ships. So, the changes may all be internal since as already noted, there doesn't appear to be an outside forward-facing area...pretty much the only thing we really don't like with the Explorer-class.

• Like 1

The video just shows a ship like Explorer class with name "Prestige". I don't care for title either and who wants a 900 passenger ship. I doubt it will be as luxurious as Explorer, Splendor or Grandeur.

• Like 1

We will take the little Navigator any day rather than some of this.  Getting bigger and bigger. I feel like The Real Housewives of Anywhere are going to like the new styles. I'm thinking of "the egg".

• Like 10

Pcardad's post says the size will be 850 pax versus 750 for Explorer-class = 13% more while the displacement will be 77,000 GT versus 55,250 GT for Explorer-class = 40% bigger!  Should equate to both larger suites and public areas especially with the mention of new dining option(s).

Regardless, our favorite Regent ship has always been the one going to where we want to go.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, cAPS lOCK oN said:

I don't like the name much. Up until and including Explorer their names all had some association with sea voyages. Now they seem to emphasize how expensive they are.

and, the "Prestige" is the first of 2 new ships.  Maybe the next will be the "Opulence"?!?

• Haha 6

Explorer class has forward balconies on both 12 and 14. The picture of prestigious seems to have only regent suite balcony.  I agree with Scott that having no forward looking outer decks is a terrible design choice.  We were lucky on explorer in Alaska that regent suite was empty so titanium and diamond got to see Hubbard glacier from regent suite. 

59 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

The name Prestige Class is a real turn off. 

It gets worse - it is also the name of the first ship. I heard the 2nd ship is going to be the SS Moneybags.

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

It gets worse - it is also the name of the first ship. I heard the 2nd ship is going to be the SS Moneybags.

I’m sad because I feel they have lost their feel for those that have made it but don’t need to flaunt it and don’t really want the crowd that needs to flaunt. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

I’m sad because I feel they have lost their feel for those that have made it but don’t need to flaunt it and don’t really want the crowd that needs to flaunt. 

We need some old school cruising...

Edited by Pcardad
  • Like 5

I personally have no problem with the name.  Mainly because for once a Regent ship will not be named after a Royal Caribbean ship.  Every ship in the Regent fleet shares its name with a Royal Caribbean ship.  Finally something unique.  

This ship is clearly an evolution of the Explorer Class and will actually be far more spacious.  SEVEN SEAS GRANDEUR has a space ratio of 75.5 and she is damn specious.  PRESTIGE will come in at 90.6.  Wow!  

Unlike the Explorer Class, there does appear to be a forward open deck, one deck above the Regent Suite.  This deck doesn’t exist on the Explorer Class.  It has a glass wind screen which is understandable given the location, but hopefully will provide a nice open space looking forward.  

I also see a much larger aft open deck due to the stern design.  It’s likely the spa will be located here as it is on the Explorer Class, but I’m hoping for a second swimming pool.  Perhaps a nice aft facing infinity pool such as the new Explora Journey ship has.  Something more than just a spa pool, which of course exists on SEVEN SEAS EXPLORER.  

I’m definitely looking forward to more details on what I’m sure will be a truly superb ship. 

IMG_0320.jpeg

1 minute ago, lprp said:

Am I right in thinking that Prestige were one of the previous P/E investors/shareholders of Regent?

Yes. NCLH essentially used to be Prestige Cruise Holdings.  

• Like 1

One thing that I like, based on the initial views of the ship, whether they're computer generated or not, is that it seems like they've done away with the different balcony depths, and that they're all the same depth on this ship. 

5 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

One thing that I like, based on the initial views of the ship, whether they're computer generated or not, is that it seems like they've done away with the different balcony depths, and that they're all the same depth on this ship. 

No bump-outs from the looks of it.  We will know much more when deck plans are released, which I think will be relatively soon.