The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday June 24th, 2024

richwmn

Happy Monday. Start of a new week. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Getting a little relief today as high only in the low 80s. I was hoping for thunderstorms yesterday, but they never came. They popped up all around my community, but we never saw any. Go some work done in the garden. The plants are suffering so my sister and I created some shade for them. We homesteaders have to improvise sometimes. I am finding the best time to get outdoor work done is in the evening. Of course I strained my wrist a little and will be wearing a brace today as I have a lot of computer work to do today. Oh, and I don't want to appear as if I was counting down the days, but there are only 107 days left until I sail Canada/New England. 

Happy birthday to @Sharon in AZ and to @StLouisCruisers DD. 

🐱 31 Funniest Cat Birthday Meme | Happy birthday cat, Cute cat memes ...

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Image tagged in cats,funny,mondays,funny cats,weekend,lazy - Imgflip

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Good morning from a slightly less warm and humid NY. The thunderstorms came last night and will give us one day of slightly less awful weather. I will celebrate all three days, especially the lunch break as that was lacking throughout my working life . I had a wonderful great aunt who entertained us with takes of fairies and leprechauns and blamed a lot of missing items on the fairies.

I realized I never answered Annie’s question the other day @marshhawk. The hospice here in New York will have the doctor in charge of medications and orders do telehealth visits or just talk to the primary caretaker on the phone. The hospice nurse comes several times a week. We pay privately for any aide or nursing assistance. It is financially challenging but at this point most of my extended family is pooling resources to do this. It is a blessing to have support.

@StLouisCruisers, I wish I could tell you about good news regarding Tana . We are doing everything we can to ensure her comfort and abide by her wishes. I often don’t say much because it is depressing , at least for all of us. Thank you for asking.

My DB is going home today and I will really miss him. He is a retired oncologist and has an excellent bedside manner. I have seen Tana laughing in spite of everything when he is with her. Laughter and  her crazy sense of humor always help.

Take care today.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 17

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily updates.  Looks like it will be a pleasant day here today.  Perfect for the last minute errands that have popped up over the weekend.  

I’ll celebrate diplomacy in any fashion.  I took back the lunch break when I retired.  

I like the quote; often doing the right thing isn’t very easy.

I would like today’s meal suggestion as a side dish and I think I would pass on the drink.

I have not been to today’s port.  

Praying for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events today.  Happy birthday to @Sharon in AZ and happy birthday to @StLouisCruisers’s DD! 🎂🎉!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone.

It was a tough night last night as I couldn't fall asleep.  I think it was after 2:00 am when I finally did fall asleep and I was up at 4:00 with leg cramps that I had to walk out.  That took a while.  The temperature this morning is a nice 63F and the house has cooled down beautifully.  The high today is 81F, so we have broken out of the heat dome for sure.  Tomorrow we head for DS Barb's lake house.  Once we get there temperatures are going to plummet.  Wednesday's high is 63.  Not conducive to being in the water. There's always shopping in Charlevoix. Or even Elk Rapids.

@Sharon in AZ

HappyBirthday3.jpg.ba095ce12be0e476ef4a5f387252531d.jpg

@StLouisCruisers  DD

101-Best-Happy-Birthday-Memes-12-720x720.jpg.601886b373bae88e07427d119aeb9b98.jpg

Today's meal will make a great side dish and you can grill the green beans along side the steaks or chicken.  We do this all the time and I grilled all our dinners, including vegetables, during the heat dome.  Charred Green Beans

charredgreenbeans1.jpg.f7223592fced3016d34a007e20577fcf.jpg

The sauce and nuts would make these beans so yummy!

These beans are done in a cast iron skillet, but could easily be done on the grill.  I think that would be my option. They are then dressed with a brown butter sauce.   Blistered Green Beans

charredgreenbeans2.thumb.jpg.a025ed8b48b2e6cb347cd11a1f821ec1.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 17

Good morning Dailyites 

"Dam" it's hot! 96-97-98 degree days this next week. No rain in sight.

Happy Birthday @Sharon in AZ

image.thumb.png.963e9d8e6f497d2f69641030baaccfbf.png

Happy Birthday to @StLouisCruisers Dear Daughter!

image.thumb.png.2e62252dcd4bfc65cc5b12055196ef32.png

@kazu

The sound of the sea and the echo of your love share a few characteristics in common: they are both constant and eternal. Happy Anniversary!

Prayers are said for those on our care list. Tana has been in my prayer book for quite some time. Praying for her daily. 

Graham, we all knew where you and Pauline have been. But it's fun reading your cryptic posts. Will hop over and read your cruise review.

Today we are having pool time with the wee ones, and later heading to a 7 year olds Birthday party.

Blessings to each of you.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Good morning. It’s already 82 degrees and humid. We do have a 60% chance of rain this afternoon. We could use it. We were in Valencia last June and visited some fortressed old city near Valencia. The name escapes me at the moment.

Need to get my walk in as it is not getting any cooler. Being Monday it’s laundry day and that sure pegs the excitement meter!

Our neighbors returned last night so my cat duties are over and maybe some allergy relief as I’m allergic to cats. Loved our cats for years but do not miss allergy symptoms.

That’s all for now. Have a great week. Bruce

• Like 26

Got back around 8:10, the road was being worked on, and when I left, I turned right, and came home a different way.  I like the idea of becoming more green, but when you slow down the traffic, the cars sit and spew fumes, not sure that I would prefer that to cars that go through "town".

• Like 30

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Today Zuiderdam was supposed to stop in Stornoway, Isle of Lewis and Harris, Scotland.   At 10 a.m. (5 a.m. Eastern time) just before time to line up for immigration slot cards the Captain announced that conditions overnight and this morning had created an unsafe navigation into the port.  We experienced 40 and 50 knot winds overnight.  It was also unsafe for the immigration officials who were waiting in Stornoway to make it out to the ship today.  So today will be a sea day and we will hopefully be able to get into Stornoway Tuesday.  We will have to skip Portree which was our next port of call.  Having been to Portree once I am sorry that so many will miss that nice little town, but am glad Stornoway is still being anticipated for tomorrow.  This has been quite a cruise for missing ports of call!  #4!!

Thank you Rich @richwmnfor today’s Daily and Fleet Report as well as the maps.  Three interesting days to recognize and I’m sure many of you are aware of the J. K. Rowling quote.  I think I’ll pass by the green bean dish, the drink sounds really sweet, and I will let someone else have my pinot noir.  Picasso must have been quite accomplished at an early age, and whoa on a million dollar contract for Mary Pickford in 1916.  That was a boatload of money in those days!  Thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepardfor their reporting today.

Prayers for my DB, Alex’s twins, the people in Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, the troops in the area watching out for us, and those of us here on the Daily who have been sick or in pain.  Any good news on Tana?  Cheers to those with special events to celebrate today including my DD who turns 52!  Extra cheers to Sharon @Sharon in AZ who is celebrating her birthday as well.  Smooth seas to our cruisers!  Thanks Vanessa @JazzyV for the lists today!

The port this day is Valencia, Spain which we had before on May 10, 2021, Jan. 18, 2022 and July 6, 2023.  I’ll post the links and some photos.  I’m sure many of you have some lovely pics to share today.

Hoping everyone is feeling well.  I have my ups and downs but today so far is a good one.  Take care!

I'm happy to hear you are having a good day today Sandi.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie for the Fleet Report and Daily.  Three great days to celebrate.  Happy Birthday to Susan and to Sandi DD.  Hugs to Jacqui on her Anniversary.  Welcome home Graham and Pauline.

I’m not quite sure I understand today’s but if the recommended choice is for easy I disagree..

I thought I had visited Valencia but don’t think I actually have.

Great days on art and film history.,.

Today’s meal would be ok without the mustard but not with..  My alternative is Chilled Cranberry Soup, and Parmesan Crusted Veal Loin which would have been my choices June 5 2015 on MS Prinsendam if I had not dined in the Pinnacle Grill.        

Today and tomorrow will be a brief respite from the heat dome.  I have finished my walk and later will visit the bank to cash in a CD for the church.

Roy

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2