Are The NEXT Class Of Celebrity Ships Announced?

Tom and Ingrid

17 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

It would not break my heart for the E-class to disappear into the sunset. 

This is why choices are good, for me if E class went I don't know if I would pick celebrity again. S class I haven't done that (so maybe) but no way will I do M class again

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

This is why choices are good, for me if E class went I don't know if I would pick celebrity again. S class I haven't done that (so maybe) but no way will I do M class again

I understand.  The S-Class is our favorite class of Celebrity ships.  We've done two M class sailings, both on Millennium and loved them both but there were just things we missed, besides Murano. 

You should give the S-Class a try. I think you will enjoy it.  Just like maybe if we tried an E-class other than Edge we might enjoy that.  One never really knows until one tries. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I agree with you about E-class.  Having done a 15-day and a 13-day cruise on Millennium last year and this year, I find her to be anything but "crowded, loud and shouty.  

It would not break my heart for the E-class to disappear into the sunset. 

Were you happy with the number and variety of bars, restaurants, services on Millie, compared to E class?

28 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Was M class too limited?  I know it’s missing some restaurants.  If we were not in Retreat on our Bali cruise I would not have booked it.  But if you want to do Japan with X, it seems you have no choice.

Instead of Millie in Japan we may do Princess or Thailand / Vietnam on Solstice.

Edited by zitsky

My wishlist for a new class of ship:

1.) Smaller in size to the E-class so that we can enjoy unique and less crowded ports.

2.) A mix of balconies and IVs so we don't have to hear constant complaining about lack of balconies (and then price the IVs fairly for what they are).

3.) Eliminate "The Club", which is the worst designed space at sea in my opinion.

4.) No dangerous, dark hallways like currently leading to Eden.  You should not have to dodge obstacles when going to an entertainment venue!

5.) Forward facing lounge.

6.) A decent promenade deck.  

7.) I realize a decent Retreat experience is important to the bottom line, but it needs to not come at the expense of the regular passenger experience.  I actually think E-class does a decent job of balance but am concerned that they will go overboard with a new class of ship.

8.) More lounges and separation with the public spaces than we see with E-class.

9.) Piano bar!

10.) An outdoor walking track at least as good as on the E ships.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Were you happy with the number and variety of bars, restaurants, services on Millie, compared to E class?

We were not displeased with a few less bars and restaurants but I thoroughly enjoyed the ones on Millennium a lot better.  The Martini bar on the Edge class does not appeal to me at all.  I love the Martini bar on the M and S class ships.  Much better located off to the side of a through fare than at the end of a grand foyer.  I find the ones on M & S Class ships a lot more quaint and conducive to meeting and talking with people than the one on the Edge. 

The Ensemble lounge is one of our favorite hangouts on S-class.  The E-class has nothing similar .. it's like a neighborhood piano bar.  Warm, inviting, and comfortable furniture.  

As for restaurants, we are not big on specialty restaurants. We enjoyed all our meals in Luminae and the only thing we disliked, and it also applies to Edge class, is that Luminae is not open for Lunch on most port days.  That's a Celebrity wide issue. 

As for Service -- we've always had outstanding service on Celebrity but especially on the M and S class ships where the crew to passenger ratio is much better than on E-class, or at least seems that way. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, zitsky said:

The service is about same on any class of ship 

Martini bar area is nicer on M class ships compared to E class ships 

if you like in your face feel  choose E class , 

if you like a more laid back feel choose S&M class

We will probably only cruise E class ship if the price is right and the ports are outstanding , and not because of the French Balconies, they are fine 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

47 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

I'm super fine with the M and S class ships.  

I would actually like to see a "recycling" loop through a new series of "small" M class sized ships but modern in all ways.  3 or 4 of them and then a refresh of the S class size ships, and so on.

For me, small is not what we want (yet), but the M and S seem to really be in a sweet spot with their sizes, and it would be a shame to eventually lose them to an all E and E-plus sized fleet. 

• Like 1

Smaller ship with no loud Martini bars. Nice venues to listen to great live music and have a good drink where you can really relax. Retractable roof over pool. Nice speciality restaurants outside like lawn club grill. Ships along the size of Oceania and current M Class. Classic design from the glory days of Cruising.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Was M class too limited?  I know it’s missing some restaurants.  If we were not in Retreat on our Bali cruise I would not have booked it.  But if you want to do Japan with X, it seems you have no choice.

Instead of Millie in Japan we may do Princess or Thailand / Vietnam on Solstice.

Yes it felt limited. 

What's interesting is I had a harder time at the martini bar getting a drink on Connie than I did on Beyond.

I was in the Retreat and the service in Luminae was ok (I'll say not great because I was chasing people up for things or it was forgotten completely). I did do the buffet twice when Luminae was shut for lunch, there was definitely a difference in food between the class of ships.

Also could be luck of the draw for who you get as well, I wonder if I had more ports (mine had quite a few sea days) and people being more attentive maybe it wouldn't have felt as limited.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Salt Lifer said:

My wishlist for a new class of ship:

1.) Smaller in size to the E-class so that we can enjoy unique and less crowded ports.

2.) A mix of balconies and IVs so we don't have to hear constant complaining about lack of balconies (and then price the IVs fairly for what they are).

3.) Eliminate "The Club", which is the worst designed space at sea in my opinion.

4.) No dangerous, dark hallways like currently leading to Eden.  You should not have to dodge obstacles when going to an entertainment venue!

5.) Forward facing lounge.

6.) A decent promenade deck.  

7.) I realize a decent Retreat experience is important to the bottom line, but it needs to not come at the expense of the regular passenger experience.  I actually think E-class does a decent job of balance but am concerned that they will go overboard with a new class of ship.

8.) More lounges and separation with the public spaces than we see with E-class.

9.) Piano bar!

10.) An outdoor walking track at least as good as on the E ships.  

Excellent list!

My fav on your list:  No hazardous creepy forest  or obstacle courses.or halls of mirrors.

The transitional hallway  areas on S Class were unique.. wide enough, lighted enough..not hazardous

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, hcat said:

Excellent list!

My fav on your list:  No hazardous creepy forest  or obstacle courses.or halls of mirrors.

The transitional hallway  areas on S Class were unique.. wide enough, lighted enough..not hazardous

On my last sailing on Ascent our muster station was outside of Blu.  There was no way to get there from our room on deck 11 without going through the obstacle course. All I could think of every time I walked through there going to Eden was if there was a real emergency those of us mustering there would be doomed as no way a large people could get through there quickly in a panicky state without injury.

Edited by Salt Lifer

12 minutes ago, Salt Lifer said:

On my last sailing on Ascent our muster station was outside of Blu.  There was no way to get there from our room on deck 11 without going through the obstacle course. All I could think of every time I walked through there going to Eden was if there was a real emergency those of us mustering there would be doomed as no way a large people could get through there quickly in a panicky state without injury.

That actually seems live very valid feedback for them to consider.  Sure, not everyone will be in their stateroom, but if an overnight issue (pretty likely, seemingly), that sort of challenge might be crucial.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruzinram said:

Smaller ship with no loud Martini bars. Nice venues to listen to great live music and have a good drink where you can really relax. Retractable roof over pool. Nice speciality restaurants outside like lawn club grill. Ships along the size of Oceania and current M Class. Classic design from the glory days of Cruising.

Sounds like you want a Celebrity branded Holland America Line-like ship. 

20 hours ago, canderson said:

What, the noisy areas? 

Or do you want the quiet areas noisier???

Do you believe that the loud music from the Martini Bar should be heard in what should be a quieter dining venue on another deck?

Music while I’m dining doesn’t bother me..it obviously bothers some, I get that..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Music while I’m dining doesn’t bother me..it obviously bothers some, I get that..

It's not just the fact that there's music in the dining area, it's the kind of music that finds its way there from elsewhere.  Fine music, wrong venue.

For most people, Bacio isn't an appropriate venue for LOUD Martini bar music, either.

• Like 1

Everybody has a wish list here for the next generation of Celebrity ships.  But we need to look at these new ship investments as an overall part of the RCG corporate strategy, not just Celebrity in isolation.

The driving factor will be a ship that has the extras and amenities that will attract the younger demographic next generation cruisers and generate the maximum profit factor.  That is not us older cruisers who love M-Class and/or S-Class.

The RC ships are the mega ships for families - Celebrity not likely to have a redundant investment in that space which RC has covered.

The SS ships - small, intimate and luxury.  Again this space covered.

My prediction (my thought really).  The Celebrity ships will continue to fit the 3000-3500 pax middle size ship format.  No way they go with a 2000 pax M-Class replacement, even with more dining and amenities.  Not enough revenue.  So possibly a newer version of S-Class in size with more balconies and suites and a self-contained Retreat type area.

Of course the new generation will have the latest in technology, environment and fuel savings - goes without saying.

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 6

22 hours ago, Salt Lifer said:

I hated that hallway from Day 1.   We are often going to BLU and EDEN,  and I have vision issues..  Plus many in electric scooters  whizzing thru made it very dangerous. Saw folks walk into the scupturws/ walls     It was bad on EDGE , BEYOND and ASCENT (Lights were not working)..

We will be on APEX  next...probably just as bad ..Touted as great art.. by the designers!

You can go across on the deck below but then you have to deal with the circular staircase up/ down....another hazard!

Hope others  add to the Wishlists!

• Like 1