The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday June 28th, 2024

richwmn

Today is INTERNATIONAL CAP LOCKS DAY, International Lightning Safety Day, and National Logistics Day

Whatever it is you're scared of doing, do it. Make your mistakes, next year and forever. -- Neil Gaiman

Meal Suggestion for today - Zucchini Gnocchi
Drink of the Day - Cantarito
Wine of the Day - Peter Lehmann The Barossan Shiraz
Destination of the Day - Barra Norte River, Brazil

Today in History:
1919 Treaty of Versailles, ending WWI and establishing the League of Nations, is signed in France

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Victoria BC, Vancouver Island Canada 20:00 - 23:59

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 06-29

Nieuw Amsterdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska 11:00 - 19:00

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Copenhagen, Denmark eta 06-29

Noordam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

Istanbul, Turkey, Galataport ovnt - 14:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Rotterdam, Netherlands South Holland eta 06-29

Volendam

Quebec City, Canada 09:00 - 18:00

Westerdam

Homer AK, Alaska 08:00 - 17:00

Zaandam

Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska, Juneau, Alaska 09:00 - 09:30 ,13:00 - 22:00

Zuiderdam

at sea destination South Queensbury, GB eta 6/29

0628World.thumb.png.2e48fd4fe357bc8fe7425e1340d36966.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 28

Cantarito cocktail:

If you love a good Paloma, you might just find a new favorite cocktail in the Cantarito, a similar drink that adds more citrus juices and a pinch of salt to the refreshing mix of tequila, lime juice, and grapefruit soda. The most distinguishing feature of the cocktail, however, is its namesake clay drinking vessel.

A diminutive of the Spanish word for pitcher, cántaro, the cantarito is a small earthenware clay jug that originated in Jalisco, the Mexican state where tequila is produced. The cántaro was once used for gathering and storing water; the smaller version is now most often a vessel for tequila and other drinks, including pulque, aguas frescas, chicha, Micheladas, and, of course, its eponymous cocktail.
Ingredients:
Tajin seasoning (for rim)
2 oz. reposado tequila
3/4 oz. grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
3/4 oz. orange juice, freshly squeezed
1/2 oz. lime juice, freshly squeezed
1 pinch salt
Grapefruit soda, chilled, to top (about 3 oz.)
Garnish: lime wedge

Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 6.21.58 AM.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 23

Good morning friends!  Ahh!  A sea day as Zuiderdam heads back to Ijmuiden, Netherlands. (note: we were at South Queensferry yesterday and am not en route there currently).  Winds are high (28 mph) and seas are a bit rocky.  Temp is 59 and since clouds are scattered there is quite a bit of sunshine out there today.  Always welcome!

Thank you Rich @richwmn for today’s Fleet Report and Daily as well as the maps.  Some interesting days including CAP LOCKS DAY.  Lightning safety is important so let’s try to remember that when your ground crew is hurrying inside at your gate and your flight has to be delayed.  The quote is okay, but the zucchini gnocchi is not stirring my appetite.  No thanks on the drink or wine today.  This was a huge day in history as the end of any world war would be.  Thanks Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports today!

Prayers for the Daily Care list individuals including Ann @Vict0riann, Annie @marshhawk and Chuck @catmando, Pennie @Nickelpenny, Elizabeth, Jacqui @kazu@Mr. Boston's DH, and Terri @Cruzin Terri.  Also for my DB and Alex’s precious twins soon to arrive, the people in Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still being held and of course the brave men and women of our military always watchful and on duty.

Ann @Vict0riann, I’m so glad to hear you were home last night, enjoying dinner and preparing for a good night’s rest.  I hope the healing goes quickly.  Yay on the rain Annie @marshhawk!  I hope my yard got some!  Cheers to all celebrating special events today and everyone cruising or preparing to cruise soon.  Thanks Vanessa @JazzyV for the list again today.  You’re a trooper!

The port today is the Barra Norte River in Brazil.  While this is the first time for the river portion,  on Feb. 14, 2024 we had the Barra Norte Sea, Brazil as our port.  I’ll post a link to that date in case it helps you retrieve any photos posted.  I’ve been there but like most of us we don’t take photos of the river or sea every day.

Hoping you all enjoy this last Friday in June and have a good beginning to your weekend.  Try to stay safe and keep well!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 8

Good morning.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

It is currently 62°F, windy and partly sunny.

It is bad internet etiquette to write in capitals which is what today's day is about.

Good other 2 days but confused with the quote.

Never been to today's port.

Prayers 🙏 for all who are unwell.

I wish everyone a happy day.

Screenshot_20240628_112434.jpg

IMG_20240628_103003.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 9

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Well, it's cold here.  Only 7C (44F) when I got up this morning.  That's too cold.  I shouldn't have to wear a jacket when I take Bertie for his morning walk.  Ugh.  Thank goodness it's supposed to warm up and be a sunny 24C (75F) this afternoon.

Interesting days to observe.  I'm not sure caps locks deserves a day, but Lightning Safety and Logistics are important.

Not sure about the quote.  I agree it's okay to make mistakes and to learn from them, but I don't think I need to do things I'm afraid of.

I'll have the meal and drink, hope the wine is good too.

Prayers for so many.  I hope everyone is healing.  

Have a great day. 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for the reports and recipes and photos to come!!!  

I don't think I'll ever celebrate CAPS LOCK DAY...  Nope, I agree with Graham and most of the rest of the world...  it's impolite and rude!  Now, Lightning Safety and Logistics days...  those are worthy!!

I am anxious for Zucchini Gnocchi recipes...  It sounds very interesting!!!  I can imagine a white and a red sauce -- as well as just olive oil or butter as a sauce!!  The Canarito has grapefruit -- enough said.  Shiraz, yes, please...  And I've never made it south of the equator -- but hope to --  someday!!!

I pray each of us has a wonderful day...  (And, now, I'll close without even mentioning the Debate, last night...  Oops!)

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Happy Friday!  Thank you for the F & D and to all the regular posters.

Today’s drink sounds perfect for a hot summer day.  I have a bottle of Tajin seasoning in my cupboard.  It has a slightly spicy, sweet, tart flavor because it contains lime and chili peppers.  I’ve used to to rim a Bloody Mary and as a seasoning for chicken but my personal favorite it to sprinkle it on fruit such as a mango.  Really, try it!  Although I don’t usually drink soda, my favorite flavor is grapefruit.  I recommend Ting (even though it’s Jamaican) although there are now several “fancy” types of grapefruit soda available.

Positive thoughts to those experiencing physical and emotional pain.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

Today’s Care List:

Kazu having foot pain

Cruzin Terri fatigued post Covid, right bicep muscle tear, steroid injection

StLouisCruisers’ twin’s arm injury

Passing of marshhawk’s longtime friend 6/25

Heat, Fires, flooding and Storms across the US

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness

Vict0riann post-surgery

Nickelpenny’s incision opening

Cruzin Terri’s DH Jim with memory and anxiety issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Mr. Boston’s house movers yesterday and today

Marshhawk’s big sales yesterday

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

Suslor (Rotterdam to June 29) 21d Midnight Sun & Norse Legends, Cruzn single (Westerdam to July 7) 28d Alaska Arctic Circle Solstice, tupper10 (Rotterdam to June 29) 7d Norse Passage + (Zuiderdam June 29 to July 20) 21d Viking Passage and StLouisCruisers (Zuiderdam to July 20) 42d Ultimate Viking Explorer & Passage

• Like 21
  • Thanks 20

Thanks for our TGIF Daily, Rich & thanks to Vanessa, Ann, Dixie & Debbie.

A real mix of days. I hate when my Caps Lock comes on by accident.  Not sure why it gets a day.  Lightening safety is paramount.  I like the quote.  A lot of things that we deal with can be scary but you  need to take some steps forward at times.

IMG_2527.thumb.jpeg.682add8c2dd3d2d061b1e01a09c45348.jpeg

should be an interesting day - Ivan is going to the vet clinic for a pre-op physical.  He hasn’t been to a vet clinic in at least 7 years (my vet comes to the house and his health was ignored before he got here).  He needs some dental work and since this clinic is the one that does the work they want to examine him before hand.  I think treats may be involved.  😉 

IMG_1050.thumb.jpeg.3213b2b521dd2ff76b134d35eb3cadfb.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, grief, pain, health problems, worries and those that need them 🙏. Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_2529.thumb.jpeg.a6f90d705cdf8b85b6ce9f4816d85a2d.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Haha 13

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the Daily and map Rich.   Caps lock is something I rarely use, Lightning safety in important, we are expecting a thunderstorm imminently.   Logistics are important, especially for our military.   I will aspire to the quote.   We spent a lot of time on the Amazon in 2023 but I don't recall that port.    I will pass on the Gnocchi but the reposado tequila cocktail would be a good one on a BHB and the wine is a good one. Thanks for researching these for us each day ladies.

Thanks for the Cares and Celebrations reports Vanessa.  I am glad that @Vict0riann is recuperating at home, prayers for a good result from your surgery.  Prayers for Tana, Jacqui, Terri and Chuck.   Prayers for all in our group who are ailing or grieving and those in war zones.  

A day of rain is in the cards for us and we are heading to town.  I am sure Friday Fish Fry will be our dinner.   Have a lovely Friday!  Nancy

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Another lovely morning after yesterday afternoon’s storms. They did clear out in time for me to get in the pool. 

Vanessa thank you for keeping up with all of us. Hope you are still doing well & BFF is too!

Gym, Bindi walks, chores, pool time. Back to help at the local food bank again. Evidently there is some stomach bug going around and quite a few of the volunteers have come down with it. I will pack my wipes & wear a mask. 

IMG_3067.jpeg.58604e299224eea8535ae1033b1f2293.jpeg

IMG_3056.jpeg.542312f3065b4252834087a4e33ee597.jpeg

IMG_3071.jpeg.3acd1d51931750383c71879d4b190770.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Terry, hope Tana enjoyed the eggplant parmigiana- one of my faves. Maybe we were all Italian in a prior life. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. @Mr. Boston hope the move is going well & DH is feeling ok. 

@Vict0riann Ann, loved reading that all went well & were celebrating with a pizza!

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Peter Lehmann The Barossan Shiraz 2020 or 2021

This Australian Shiraz is a bit elusive, but I found a couple places that would ship to me. I love the idea of a “silky, soft finish”, since I some Shiraz/Syrah to have a harsh finish. Would love a taste. Online prices start at $24.99.

WINE MAKERS NOTES

Crafted by the next generation of Peter Lehmann winemakers, THE Barossan showcases the superb fruit sourced from the many fabled sub-regions across the Barossa Valley. A selection of the Barossa’s key growers, renowned for their quality and skill, have shared their passion and pristine fruit to create this quintessential Barossa Valley Shiraz. Each parcel speaks to its vineyard origins, sharing a special and unique aspect of the sub-region.

Our winemakers have identified varying expressions of this classic varietal to blend together seamlessly, delivering a complex and layered wine with fruit intensity and suppleness. Aromas of mocha and liquorice notes lead to a full bodied Shiraz with juicy raspberry and dark plum flavours supported by spice from time in barrel. A silky soft finish.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 16
  • Haha 4

Good cool and sunny morning. It’s going to be a beautiful day and then storms are expected tomorrow afternoon and Sunday.

I’m so glad that Ann is home to recuperate.

I have an appointment in Hershey this morning for another round of Botox. I hope they can tell me who’s replacing my Neurologist, since my appointment was changed to August, and my one prescription is no refills.

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

The Armistice was signed in 1918 that ended WWI. What a shame after all the work to organize the League of Nations by President Wilson, politics prevented the United States from signing the Versailles Treaty by seven votes.

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 23
  • Thanks 7

10 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I'm home, had a lovely 2-hour nap and I'm cooking a Dr. Oetker pizza with mushrooms, to which I have added bacon and artichokes.  I'm hungry - very little discomfort and I'm very pleased it's all over.  Thanks and you can take me off the list, Vanessa!  And thank you to everyone sending out good vibes for me.

I hope I can take a quote from yesterday and respond...

It's so WONDERFUL that you're home and eating and seem back to normal!  Prayers continue for continued healing and many GREAT times ahead!!!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!

I slept so well last night in my own bed.  The bed at DS Barb's was not the most comfortable.  A haircut is on the agenda for today and it is badly needed.  After that I will take a load of clothes and shoes to the donation center.  A stop by the grocery store will finish off the errands.  Farkle has been moved to Saturday night as DB and DSIL are celebrating their grandson's birthday.  

Today's meal is interesting.  Making the gnocchi with zucchini lowers the carb count a bit and makes a doable meal for me.  But, it is a lot of work!  Zucchini Gnocchi

zucchinignocchi1.thumb.jpg.acb4220b551c84a7cec591093ab4402b.jpg

This one uses regular store bought gnocchi and sautes it with zucchini.  You can also add in some yellow squash.  The zucchini helps cut the carbs as you aren't getting as many pieces of gnocchi in each serving.  You can also add in some chicken or shrimp if you want the protein.  

Lemon Basil Gnocchi with Zucchini

zucchinignocchi2.thumb.jpg.95df4f147cfbccc3d34ac56c2ff8ef64.jpg

This next one is interesting.  You make a zucchini sauce for the regular gnocchi.  But, you need to have drippings from a roast to do it.  Gnocchi with Zucchini Sauce

zucchinignocchi3.jpg.812bebc220aa49e3b2b47aa46e02ee95.jpg

This last recipe is from Mary Ann Esposito of Ciao Italia.  She uses the zucchini to make the actual gnocchi and adds in some ricotta cheese.  You can  use the tomato sauce of your choice or a pesto or butter sauce.   Ricotta Cheese and Zucchini Gnocchi

zucchinignocchi4.jpg.8aa7a18680503d9190bd8a5e1857267e.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 12

Temps in the 50s overnight, high 70s today in north New Jersey… nice!  

Granddaughter made progress yesterday with cleanup after storms downed a tree in their yard damaging vehicles. Her DH and others chainsawed to get much of it cleared up and make access to the vehicles. Insurance claims are begun. The neighbor’s car was taken to the body shop, might be totaled-it doesn’t take much for insurance companies to total a car!  I hope the kids can manage their homeowner’s insurance deductible. 🤦🏼‍♀️

I’m excited about getting with my Maryland church ladies today by phone, I sent them my materials by email yesterday, one of them made copies. Leading it from afar should work!  

I hope Jacqui has the perfect treats to help Ivan through his vet visit! 

Blessings to all our Care List -thank you Vanessa!  And for all the special needs and hopes of the day. And blessings for our country, your country and for peace in the war zones. 

Cheers for those celebrating, Life is Good🌈
Smooth travels to all away and our lucky cruisers!  

Thanks all for being here! Thanks for the caring thoughts and beautiful photos to brighten us! Don’t let the day go by without enjoying something! 
Maureen 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. It is a beautiful 63 degrees and sunny and will only reach 78 or so. The clean up of trees and tree branches continues in the neighborhood. I saw a total of four different tree removal trucks in the usual path I take through the neighborhood yesterday and the wood chipper machines were going strong. As Maureen said yesterday @RMLincoln, the damage from the storm was much worse further north of us. My brother lost power in CT and it is still not fixed. At least it will be pleasant today!

I get alarmed by all caps and will not celebrate them. Lightning safety and logistics are very important. Unfortunately I had quite a few patients over the years that were hit by lightning with terrible burns afterwards. I have not been to Brazil except in my daydreams and will consider the recipe as it sounds interesting.

i made both chicken and eggplant parm yesterday and have enough for a repeat performance tonight. Hooray for leftovers! We were awakened last night by the oxygen concentrator not working. I am waiting for the oxygen company to bring the replacement. Thank goodness for back up tanks. Tana called this machine Hal in honor of 2001 and will have to come up with a new name for the next one. These machines work hard so I guess they are allowed to abruptly stop. It always seems to be in the dead of night.

@Vict0riann, Ann, I was so happy to read you were home and making pizza! I hope your recovery is swift.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LambKnuckles said:

Thank you for the reports and recipes and photos to come!!!  

I don't think I'll ever celebrate CAPS LOCK DAY...  Nope, I agree with Graham and most of the rest of the world...  it's impolite and rude!  Now, Lightning Safety and Logistics days...  those are worthy!!

I am anxious for Zucchini Gnocchi recipes...  It sounds very interesting!!!  I can imagine a white and a red sauce -- as well as just olive oil or butter as a sauce!!  The Canarito has grapefruit -- enough said.  Shiraz, yes, please...  And I've never made it south of the equator -- but hope to --  someday!!!

I pray each of us has a wonderful day...  (And, now, I'll close without even mentioning the Debate, last night...  Oops!)

Hi Lambie.

We both think you suit your new short hairstyle.

I hope it's not to hot in Texas today.

• Like 18

Good Friday Morning Dailyites!  Its cloudy,  74 and very humid.  My computer says it's partly sunny, but I think that part must be on the other side of the clouds.  The rain yesterday was so needed, And appreciated.  But the weather person says it's only a 20-30 % chance of rain for the next several days, just pop ups with lots of water in them, so not so sure how it will affect our reservoirs, which are now running low.

I got a notice from my boss -well everyone did, that since the debate was about to start last night, expect lower amount of people answering.  Yup, got that text right in the middle of a sale.  What was the problem yesterday was that our house started having brown outs every time the air came on. At one point in the middle of a sale, our internet went out , the computer crashed, and I lost phone connection with the patron.  Luckily on the computers 5th attempt to reconnect, it worked but I still had no phone connection.  So I rescheduled the call for 15 minutes, signed out, went back on, and grabbed the call again.

I just looked out the window and fog is beginning to build up at the bottom of the hill.  Neat. 

I was told never to use the caps lock because it was the equivalent of yelling at someone. So unless I REALLY want to have something noticed, I dont use it.

I was actually hung up on the International  Lightning Safety Day.   I didnt think that the lightning should worry about being safe, I was thinking more along the line that we needed an awareness day of the dangers of lightning.

My grandfathers job (construction management)moved the family around the US.They were living in Florida, and after a huge hurricane hit in the early 1930s he packed up the family and moved to the Boston area.  They lived on Revere Beach.  When it stormed when I was growing up, my mom would get very nervous and create a chore in the basement, or clean out a closet.  I finally asked her about it, and it turns out that when she was in high school, she and her girlfriend were on the beach, and out of the blue, a storm blew in as they were walking home, and her friend was hit and killed by lightning, right next to her. And after that her Dad moved them inland to Auburndale on Commonwealth. In the early 1940s she was invited to spend a weekend with another family at their house on Rhode Island,, but her mom (Nanna was nuts, but she had the vision) told mom she couldnt go.  Mom was very upset.  That weekend a hurricane came into Rhode Island, and the entire family was killed by the storm. Mom hated the beach ever since.  We belonged to a swim club when we were kids, which was Noe Pond, and once my brother and I were old enough to stay on our own, she never went back.

208860361.jpg

I like the quote, I wish my friend who passed away had read it years ago, might have changed his way of living.

I have always tried to remember Nietzsche, what doesn't kill me, makes me stronger.

Have a wonderful day! 

d137aad642386ad5ddde3fff0e847d75.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning from a beautiful sunny day in central Texas.  Unfortunately, the sunny day means it will be very hot again today.  Yesterday, our outdoor thermometers read 100F, and it was still in the 80s at 10pm.  It is currently 81F and feels like 90F with a south wind every so often according to our neighbor's flag.  The weather app says it's a 7mph wind from the south with 90% humidity and a dew point of 78F.  The predicted high is 100F, and we'll be in the triple digits for another week. I'll be looking for things to do inside again today, and for most of the remainder of the summer.

The caps lock key is useful when you need it, but it should be used sparingly.  Staying safe from lightning and logistics are good days to celebrate.

The Neil Gaiman quote is interesting, and some times doing something you are scared of doing helps.

We'll pass on the meal as we're not fans of gnocchi, and I don't think adding zucchini would help.  We'll also pass on the drink.  DH might like the wine, but Shiraz is the one red wine I do not enjoy.

I'm sure we sailed by the Barra Norte River twice on our Amazon River cruise in 2006, but from my pictures I can't separate that area from other areas of the river.

In 1919, Treaty of Versailles officially ended a brutal war and established the League Nations which might have worked if the US had ratified the treaty.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope all goes well with Ivan at the vet today, and that the dental work coming up goes well.

@1ANGELCAT  I hope all goes well with the new round of Botox, and that you learn who your new neurologist will be.

@Heartgrove  Jack, 11 am on November 11, 1918, was the signing of the Armistice between the Allies and Germany.  It was also my mother's 7th birthday.  The Treaty of Versailles was signed on June 28, 1919. 

@RMLincoln  Maureen, as prepared as you are, your leading your Maryland group by phone should go well.  I hope your DGD doesn't have trouble with the insurance claims.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm glad you have backup oxygen tanks.  Having the oxygen concentrator quit in the middle of the night must be very scary for Tana and for you.  I hope your DB gets his power back soon.

@marshhawk  Annie, thanks for sharing your mother's story.  I can understand why she was afraid of lightning.

448916535_122155023740091788_5812308261892591997_n.jpg.9d430c01fe37fcf37052a9fdaa17fa14.jpg

448940610_122153668760047017_2265190902758784320_n.jpg.1cfd97d4641655bf400d377ad508a98b.jpg

448964258_122150813786107262_369825650080339758_n.jpg.97a2fbf213d1dbe78ed610cca7b587d8.jpg

448988878_10224981153261222_1594571827122725460_n.jpg.e580b05df37ce6433b55a8102fb4fa32.jpg

449079336_122148654494238145_555818238151727199_n.jpg.6be5f34cae8724c0a02ea4cfc82b344a.jpg

449093728_122183263328024276_1941406282318891776_n.jpg.5712db5628ab8a674e80b015599be865.jpg

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 13

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Unless it's used for a headline, using caps lock generally means yelling, and that's just rude.  Lightning safety is important, and logistics are so important to ensuring the availability of products across the country.  

I swear to you, I saw two rabbits loping down the street when I got up this morning, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to start that ark.  The severe rainfall warning that was issued yesterday was accurate, as the mist began around 9:00 and that progressed throughout the day, continuing all night long.  At times you just knew there was a heavy cloud overhead, as suddenly the rain came down in torrents, sometimes so much that we could hardly see across the street.  I believe at this point we've had around 3.5 inches (my rain gauge isn't metric), and the rain is expected to continue until late afternoon.  

@NickelpennyI'm sorry I didn't mention you yesterday - I can't imagine having your incision open up . . . yikes!  Hopefully the re-stitching will keep it closed until it fully heals!

@Vict0riannI'm glad to hear you were home and enjoyed dinner before bed.  I hope you had a restful, comfortable night.

@bennybearcongrats on your 10 years of retirement, and @Sharon in AZ congrats on 4 years of retirement; wishing you both many more happy healthy years of R&R!

This morning we're heading off to the cardiac rehab program where one of the instructors is going to take us through the strength training aspect using light weights.  I'm actually looking forward to it, as after we get to use the recumbent bicycles and steppers.  After that we'll put on our flippers and wade out to the car to go home.

I'd like to try the drink (yes, I'm copying the recipe for the BHB testing), know I'd like the wine, but will pass on the menu suggestion - neither of us really cares for gnocchi.  It's Friday night pizza night here, and if I play my cards right, we can get a large and have enough for tomorrow night so I don't have to cook before we leave for Calgary on Sunday.  No matter, we'll pick up something hot and cheesy that we'll enjoy at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Sending prayers and comfort to those who need them, and cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Good morning Dailyites 

Surprisingly a soft breeze this morning. It was nice sitting in my rocker on the patio for awhile. 

We had a fun game night. I lost... no, it's OK. No reason to shed tears for me. Lol.. My girlfriend makes a dish with potatoes, onions, and mushrooms, lots of oils and butter, but the spices makes it incredible. I ordered fried shrimp and fries, and another brought molasses cookies. I'm still full.

MSH had the TV volume up so high trying to listen to the debates, so we parted early and took Elvis on an evening ride. We saw 2 bucks, a bunch of frogs, and a dead armadillo. 

This morning our AC guy will come check our unit for the summer. We are thankful to have a good system. 

MSH is hankering for catfish, and I need to make a visit to Kohls, so that's on our list for today.

Prayers have been said for each of our Daily-ites. My girlfriend,  (whose husband Ron has multiple issues) fell a few weeks ago, damaging her shoulder tripping over a box. She is opting for PT rather than surgery. She's still in pain, sees the PT for evaluation on Monday. She doesn't even want us to stop by with food for a visit. Please keep her in thought. (Belinda)

My sweet husband is calling for his coffee, so I'll catch up later.

Blessings to each of you today. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1