Not off to a great start…

bled01

7 hours ago, pe4all said:

As well as they may have cleaned that stain, I would ask for another of CCL's pool towels and lay it over it.  No way I would put anything on it, or sit on it without some sort of barrier.  Having had 2 kids (and a cat- lol) , I can also tell you that some stains (like urine) may "re-appear", raising back to the surface, no matter how well you think you have cleaned. 

Can''t imagine what it might look like if Carnival still had the fruit punch.

• Haha 2

Update:  There are no sofas to swap out.  The ship is full and I guess they do not have spares. 🙄

So at this point the sofa has been shampoo’d 3 times and the rug once.  If we had shown up and the room was in the current condition I probably would not have noticed anything.  But just the fact that we know how gross it was is off putting.

Guest services offered us a free dinner at one of the pay restaurants but I told them to hold off for now.  Going to go back there and negotiate more but I have been too busy and have not wanted to deal with it.  Next time I go by guest services and there is no line I will talk to them again.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bled01 said:

At least the guy cleaning it said I could still hang out on the balcony which is where I was anyway for the sail away.  

Wife is already at the Salon getting her hair done. 🤪

I posted this like 24 hours ago and it just got posted now.😆

Not sure why, but my guess is the spotty internet which is anything but premium.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bled01 said:

Update:  There are no sofas to swap out.  The ship is full and I guess they do not have spares. 🙄

So at this point the sofa has been shampoo’d 3 times and the rug once.  If we had shown up and the room was in the current condition I probably would not have noticed anything.  But just the fact that we know how gross it was is off putting.

Guest services offered us a free dinner at one of the pay restaurants but I told them to hold off for now.  Going to go back there and negotiate more but I have been too busy and have not wanted to deal with it.  Next time I go by guest services and there is no line I will talk to them again.  

Curious, what better deal are you trying to get?

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Curious, what better deal are you trying to get?

Something we had planned on doing anyway which was not one of those restaurants. Like maybe a few rides on the bolt or one of the many Spa treatments my wife has booked.  If all we can get is dinner so be it, but we had those stupid blowers in our room for 2 straight days going for hours on end drying the sofa and rug, so I would think they can be flexible on some compensation. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, bled01 said:

Something we had planned on doing anyway which was not one of those restaurants. Like maybe a few rides on the bolt or one of the many Spa treatments my wife has booked.  If all we can get is dinner so be it, but we had those stupid blowers in our room for 2 straight days going for hours on end drying the sofa and rug, so I would think they can be flexible on some compensation. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Go for it, “shoot for the stars,” we’re all rooting for you, don’t disappoint - ha - keep us updated. 

Edited by cellfree

3 hours ago, bled01 said:

Guest services offered us a free dinner at one of the pay restaurants but I told them to hold off for now.  Going to go back there and negotiate more but I have been too busy and have not wanted to deal with it.  Next time I go by guest services and there is no line I will talk to them again

Good grief, take the free dinner and be happy they offered you that. All they owe you is to have to sofa cleaned, and they did that. The free dinner is a bonus. You are not entitled to anything more. 

• Like 14

I wouldn’t have that sofa in my room. Granted, we have no idea what happens on the sofas so possible worse things that don’t show up. But…not going to be happy with sofa as is or with a towel thrown over it. I’d want it gone with compensation since no place to sit. Without a couch you may as well be in an interior. OBC to reflect price difference.

We ended up getting a spa credit for one of my wife’s spa treatments.  When we ended up going back to guest services they told us what our different options were and the amount so we just picked the spa credit which is what we were going to ask for anyway.  Nice to get a credit for that, but obviously would have rather had a clean sofa and rug to begin with. Anyway, it is done with and I don’t have to think about it anymore now.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, bled01 said:

good luck with that.

6 hours ago, bled01 said:

We ended up getting a spa credit for one of my wife’s spa treatments.  When we ended up going back to guest services they told us what our different options were and the amount so we just picked the spa credit which is what we were going to ask for anyway.  Nice to get a credit for that, but obviously would have rather had a clean sofa and rug to begin with. Anyway, it is done with and I don’t have to think about it anymore now.

Glad to hear it worked out for you.  Now go enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Call me crazy, but I'm in the group that much prefers the vinyl orange things of yore.  Everyone that goes on an older ship and wants to say the decor is "outdated."  Sure, they might not be aesthetically pleasing, but certainly easier to take a Lysol wipe over.  

• Like 6

7 hours ago, vwwolfe said:

All of these people saying they wouldn’t have that sofa in their room. LMAO. If they only knew the things that have happened in the bed they’re sleeping on. 

I've noticed that a good amount of people on CC are largely quite unreasonable and out of touch. The world is disgusting, and if they knew how nasty things really are (even within our own bodies) then they'd stop having an emotional meltdown about a stain that has a 90% probability of being beer or soda. Everything is gross. How is the sofa being in the room worth getting worked up about but people choose to blindly ignore much more disgusting things in their every day life? Many humans create their own problems. 

I definitely think it's unacceptable for the cabin to be in that condition and dealing with the cleaning and fans is not okay, but I think you get what you pay for. This is Carnival (for the record, I would feel the same about similar lines like Royal) and I know things are going to be so-so. I think the solution was acceptable and the compensation reasonable. No need to demand the sofa be removed from sight, as there is no actual logic behind that desire.

As this guy said - the mattress doesn't get cleaned and the only barrier between the thousands of bodies that enjoy the bed and the mattress itself is a sheet or two. Much more nefarious fluids and germs from various sources (and in ways I'm certain some CC members don't agree with) make the bed and headboard their playground than the drink stain on the sofa. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, PiperHolliday said:

I've noticed that a good amount of people on CC are largely quite unreasonable and out of touch. The world is disgusting, and if they knew how nasty things really are (even within our own bodies) then they'd stop having an emotional meltdown about a stain that has a 90% probability of being beer or soda. Everything is gross. How is the sofa being in the room worth getting worked up about but people choose to blindly ignore much more disgusting things in their every day life? Many humans create their own problems. 

I definitely think it's unacceptable for the cabin to be in that condition and dealing with the cleaning and fans is not okay, but I think you get what you pay for. This is Carnival (for the record, I would feel the same about similar lines like Royal) and I know things are going to be so-so. I think the solution was acceptable and the compensation reasonable. No need to demand the sofa be removed from sight, as there is no actual logic behind that desire.

As this guy said - the mattress doesn't get cleaned and the only barrier between the thousands of bodies that enjoy the bed and the mattress itself is a sheet or two. Much more nefarious fluids and germs from various sources (and in ways I'm certain some CC members don't agree with) make the bed and headboard their playground than the drink stain on the sofa. 

So….what I get out of this is 5 star lines do not have spills…..right?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CeleBrat said:

If you take a look as you disembark to catch a tender, you will usually see furniture in the crew deck (deck 0) that is shrink-wrapped and held for storage.

I have been on a TON of cruises and even more excursions.  I cannot ever remember seeing furniture, but to be honest I was not looking for furniture either,

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I have been on a TON of cruises and even more excursions.  I cannot ever remember seeing furniture, but to be honest I was not looking for furniture either,

I am very inquisitive, and always hope to catch a peek "behind the dividers" down there.  Sometimes there is pool furniture, sometimes linens, sometimes chairs.  It's always different!

• Like 1