Live from the Land of Princess

5 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@YVRteacher The Patter & small font… Do you have a magnifying glass icon on your phone?

Also have you been to the self service laundry? Heard it’s free,token machine not operating. Could be a rumor.

It’s true. I haven’t been but I heard the guest services staff telling another passenger that to wash and dry is free but there is a charge for soap (I brought my own.)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YVRteacher said:

I love the espresso martini, the 24K margarita, the sparkly black one (Midnight in Oslo? Moonlight over Oslo? What is it???) and Captain’s Bounty. The dark and stormy was also excellent and so pretty.

Remember to try the Chairman of the Board martini, a Princess drink. And Caribe Guinness, also a Princess drink, but no longer served at British Pub Lunch so you need to find a bartender that’s been a Princess bartender for a few years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

We haven’t arrived in Greenland yet.

Good morning from NY again - foggy as it's almost noon your time. Do you know where you are, or how close to Nuuk 🫢😁😊 

Sea state should be much improved. Enjoy 😃 

Collage_2024-07-13_08_47_53.jpg

• Like 5

@mking8288 based on my deck walking research this morning, I can say with a high degree of accuracy that we are out in the ocean in the middle of nowhere. The mist blurs the line between ocean and sky like a trained artist blends their paint on a canvas. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

14 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

@YVRteacher The Patter & small font… Do you have a magnifying glass icon on your phone?

Also have you been to the self service laundry? Heard it’s free,token machine not operating. Could be a rumor.

I’m on board now and did laundry yesterday. The token machines were fixed after a 2 day closing of the laundry rooms. $3 token, one each needed for washer and dryer.  Washer and dryer I used worked great. Bring your own soap as the detergent dispenser machine is still not working.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don’t have enough room for both lunch and afternoon tea so I skipped lunch and thoroughly enjoyed afternoon tea. I just love this so much. I love the violinist and pianist, I love the calm, peaceful atmosphere, I love the little sandwiches and I love the treats. Today the waiter said to me, “I know how much you like the egg sandwiches, ma’am.”

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I did BYOB and brought my own Prosecco with pineapple.

IMG_7164.thumb.jpeg.903d167f7bc34bb24adb2c8907d40bb0.jpeg

IMG_7162.thumb.jpeg.36e620fab77f7e355d29c2dddd22b5a3.jpeg

IMG_7166.thumb.jpeg.43dba8a04306cde992a9277499381238.jpeg

IMG_7168.thumb.jpeg.51afca2c67afdc438c15d6ed0ba18419.jpeg

IMG_7167.thumb.jpeg.0869019410f3764bdce5c6068be5ccad.jpeg

Today’s deraisinifying was extra hard work so I had an extra treat to make up for the workout.

IMG_7169.thumb.jpeg.e7bd8d2c1aadce5c9bfa73c88d691e15.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 9

12 hours ago, kluv2cruz said:

Remember to try the Chairman of the Board martini, a Princess drink. And Caribe Guinness, also a Princess drink, but no longer served at British Pub Lunch so you need to find a bartender that’s been a Princess bartender for a few years.

We only drink Chairman of the Board made the original way (Grey Goose, Bombay Sapphire, Cointreau with an orange twist or slice) - also need a bartender who has been around a while 🤩.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

What happens with refundable OBC at the end of the cruise?

If you have left over refundable OBC it will be turned over to Princess financial and a check from third party Bottom Technologies in a plain envelope will be sent to you.  Usually it take a few weeks, but varies. Advise you get a print out of your folio at guest service late the night before disembarkation, or even early on disembarkation morning so you can check for erroneous charges.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

If under $25, go to Guest Services and get cash.

If more than $25, you will receive a US$ cheque in an envelope not from Princess so check that it is not junk mail.

Take a printed copy of your account home with you, can get a copy at Guest Services or the machine beside Guest Services.  You will receive a copy by email after you return home.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

If your leftover refundable OBC is a small amount - say $25 or so - they can give it to you in cash at Customer Services. Otherwise, it will come as a check as noted above by @hpeabody.

16 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Ha! You’ve obviously never cruised with me! I close that ship down!

As promised. Confirmation that agnolotti is alive and well. Right now on the Discovery Princess. 

IMG_6733.jpeg

IMG_6737.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1