Live From the Sky Princess, 21-Day Norway-Baltic B2B, Jul 13 – Aug 3

Posted (edited)
LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from Ken the cruiser! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

Ken the cruiser was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

It’s time to start getting ready for our upcoming 21-day cruise on the Sky Princess out of Southampton that includes visiting ports in Norway, Denmark, Germany, Sweden, Estonia, and Finland! The last time we cruised to the Baltic was back in 2018 and are looking forward to visiting this part of the world with Princess for the first time!

image.png.5ab5e2bbf5238d8773fc555f0ea18832.png 

7-Day Norwegian Fjords

14-Day Norway, Denmark & Sweden

Date

Port

Arrival

Depart

Date

Port

Arrival

Depart

7/12

London-Heathrow

6:25 AM

7/20

Southampton UK

4:00 PM

7/13

LHR Ship Transfer

10:00 AM

7/21

At Sea

Southampton UK

12:00 PM

7/22

Skagen DE

9:00 AM

6:00 PM

7/14

At Sea

7/23

Copenhagen DE

7:00 AM

5:00 PM

7/15

Bergen NO

12:00 PM

8:00 PM

7/24

Warnemunde GE

8:00 AM

10:00 PM

7/16

Skjolden NO

7/25

At Sea

7/17

Olden NO

7/26

Stockholm SE

8:30 PM

7/18

Stavanger NO

10:00 AM

7/27

Stockholm SE

2:00 PM

7/19

At Sea

7/28

Tallinn EE

7/20

Southampton UK

7/29

Helsinki FI

7/30

Visby SE

7/31

At Sea

8/1

Kristiansand NO

8/2

At Sea

8/3

Southampton UK

9:00 AM

LHR Ship Transfer

11:00 AM

3:55 PM

We have excursions booked where we will visit a few glaciers and waterfalls and some to sites with a little more historical relevance.

image.png.180ffdad68d99eb03fa14a87fd1c54ef.png

Informative Links:

Current Sky Princess Location

Northern Europe Weather

Wildlife in Norway

As always please feel free to follow along, and if you have any questions let me know and we will try to find the answer.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

@Ken the cruiser

Excellent. Thanks for doing this.

We are doing something very similar next year, so will very interested in port logistics and activities.

Question for today please.

Are you using the Princess transfer from LHR - Southhampton ?

Yes. They were $64 per person each way. We are low stress cruisers and are flying in the day before, staying at the Hilton Garden Inn at the airport, and then walking over to the closest airport pickup spot in the morning. These are the details of the transfer listed in our Travel Summary

image.png.d058edb9fab571b561702a7ba0008861.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Ken the cruiser

Really pleased you are on this cruise as I'm doing the last 14 days of it next July on Sky.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts and seeing the great pictures you take (with no food dishes 👍😂) .

Peter

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Hi @Ken the cruiser

Really pleased you are on this cruise as I'm doing the last 14 days of it next July on Sky.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts and seeing the great pictures you take (with no food dishes 👍😂) .

Peter

Thanks! Hopefully it will be a little cooler up there than it currently is in Alabama, which has been averaging around 95F for the highs with mid 70 dew points. IOW super hot and super humid! 😂

• Like 1

Hi.  I always enjoy your reviews, and we're heading to London on August 13 for 2 cruises on the X Apex which has some port overlap with you, so I'll be especially interested in this.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, abbydancer2003 said:

Hi.  I always enjoy your reviews, and we're heading to London on August 13 for 2 cruises on the X Apex which has some port overlap with you, so I'll be especially interested in this.

You’re going to have an awesome time on your Apex cruise.

Believe it or not, we originally had a side-by-side cruise booked out of Southampton, with a 12-day Norway cruise on the Apex followed by a 14-day cruise on the Sky. Then our daughter and grandson wanted to join us on the 2nd leg, so we decided to simplify our cruise by cancelling the Apex leg and booked this combined Norway/Baltic cruise on the Sky Princess.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

You’re going to have an awesome time on your Apex cruise.

Believe it or not, we originally had a side-by-side cruise booked out of Southampton, with a 12-day Norway cruise on the Apex followed by a 14-day cruise on the Sky. Then our daughter and grandson wanted to join us on the 2nd leg, so we decided to simplify our cruise by cancelling the Apex leg and booked this combined Norway/Baltic cruise on the Sky Princess.

Nice.  We're not b2b exactly.  We do 7 day Norway on 8/16, then spend 4 days in England while the ship does 4 days in Brugges and Rotterdam (I think) then we get back on for 11 day Scandinavia.  The 4 days just misses the amount of days for the small b2b discount.

• Like 1

I will be missing you by a few days (at the Garden Inn, LHR).  The Baltic cruise is one of my favorites.  We overnighted in St. Petersburg.  Not happening now.  Also read today that Amsterdam is going to reduce from 190 cruises to 100 cruises by 2026.  Closing out terminals and other things.  

Happy Cruising.  Too much sun for a Northern Lights appearance.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Yes. They were $64 per person each way. We are low stress cruisers and are flying in the day before, staying at the Hilton Garden Inn at the airport, and then walking over to the closest airport pickup spot in the morning. These are the details of the transfer listed in our Travel Summary

image.png.d058edb9fab571b561702a7ba0008861.png

Hilton Garden Inn at Heathrow is so convenient. We actually availed ourselves of the early check-in for a fee and just chilled.  Then it’s a 5 minute walk back to the terminal the next morning to pick up the Princess shuttle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I will be missing you by a few days (at the Garden Inn, LHR).  The Baltic cruise is one of my favorites.  We overnighted in St. Petersburg.  Not happening now.  Also read today that Amsterdam is going to reduce from 190 cruises to 100 cruises by 2026.  Closing out terminals and other things.  

Happy Cruising.  Too much sun for a Northern Lights appearance.

Thanks! As far as cruising out of Amsterdam goes over the next couple of years, it will be interesting how that change will affect our June 2025 Celebrity cruise where we’re on a B2B cruising out of there, first circumnavigating the UK, then heading up to Norway.

And you’re probably right. The chances of us seeing the Northern Lights might be pretty much moot on this cruise. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I got curious about the temperature ranges we might expect while on the cruise. From what I could find, the potential for highs in the 60s-70s for the entire time is looking quite promising! 😁

• Like 3

Following along, just reread your Grand Princess Alaska thread as I try to vicariously live through cruisers this season, and wait as patiently as I can for my next Alaska cruise May 2025. I love your photos and lives! 

• Thanks 1

Excited to follow along with the 14 day segment. I have booked the exact same itinerary on the same ship in the future. The overnight in Stockholm sold me. 

• Like 2

Back in 2016 when we were on a 14-day Norway cruise on the HAL Koningsdam, we saw a total of two caribou, four goats, and were led to believe the glaciers had all but disappeared 20,000 years ago creating the fjords as they receded. I know, what can I say. We were a lot younger then. 😂

Fast forward to our upcoming 7-day Norway leg where we have a good chance of seeing glaciers on three of our four pre-booked excursions, to include the below Briksdal Glacier near Olden, along with hopefully seeing a lot more wildlife along the way! At least that's our hope. 🤞

image.png.a87bc29964f8cc82490ad4eb17b78ea7.png

7 Best Glaciers in Norway

• Like 4

@Ken the cruiserWe'll be joining you for the first leg.  We leave the US Wednesday evening and will spend Thursday/Friday in Southampton.  So looking forward to our first Princess cruise and our first cruise in Europe.

• Like 2