Autistic 14 year old missing from Caribbean Princess.

3 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

It was planned from him. However he did it, it worked out.

FBI is also involved since Friday in this missing case.
I really would like to see the security cams from Caribbean Princess, but guess what we will never see them. 😄

no we will never see them...maybe he pointed to this other guy and said I am meeting him? or again Maybe just walked off no questions. He does not look 18 that is for sure.

15 minutes ago, kathy49 said:

I don't know ....he may have thought there is no problem just walking off...if it was the time when many were getting off for excursions etc. he probably just stayed with people as they went thru...are the staff really counting out the number in the party etc. It does seem planned and most reports say he was meeting a 19 year old fellow gamer. 

I'm under the assumption that security would have been alerted as soon as his medallion was pinned as he was exiting the ship.  A minor alert should have been flagged similar to when someone under 21 makes an attempt to get a beer on board.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonit964 said:

If my first born did what I did having him just short of 19, I could have been a grandmother at 38. 😳

Not exactly elderly. 🤣 I'm more than twice that, and though no longer consider myself young, I also do not consider myself elderly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Retired-N-Happy said:

A minor alert should have been flagged similar to when someone under 21 makes an attempt to get a beer on board.

Absolutely the case. But when you point to the unknown adults in front, security can easily be sneaked. It's a cruise ship, not a prison.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

The judgements are almost difficult to read.  There is a wide spectrum of Autism.  Just consider that, technically, Elon Musk, is autistic!  From the news reports it sounds like this boy was able to set-up his "escape" online.  Great that the police were able to track him down.  Perhaps he will someday be the next Elon Musk :).

Hank

Still, a 14 year old child is not supposed to be allowed to disembark without adult supervision, autistic or not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

Absolutely the case. But when you point to the unknown adults in front, security can easily be sneaked. It's a cruise ship, not a prison.

But shouldn’t a minor’s medallion flag who the minor is supposed to be with?  If not then anyone could leave with a minor that they are not related to. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, kathy49 said:

I don't know ....he may have thought there is no problem just walking off...if it was the time when many were getting off for excursions etc. he probably just stayed with people as they went thru...are the staff really counting out the number in the party etc. It does seem planned and most reports say he was meeting a 19 year old fellow gamer. 

You can’t “ just walk off” . Your cruise card/medallion or whatever the cruise lines use, gets scanned for each guest. 

Edited by tonit964

For those who may not have seen this sort of thing, here is what the screens look like when a Medallion is scanned at the security checkpoints and the muster stations. The keen observer will note a problem which demonstrates that these systems, while advanced, are not perfect.

You can also see the CABIN PARTY section.

image.png.08123c0a5b1fe853d51fadfddd6c3794.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

For those who may not have seen this sort of thing, here is what the screens look like when a Medallion is scanned at the security checkpoints and the muster stations. The keen observer will note a problem which demonstrates that these systems, while advanced, are not perfect.

You can also see the CABIN PARTY section.

image.png.08123c0a5b1fe853d51fadfddd6c3794.png

Does it tell if they are a minor in the DOB field or does the employee have to do the math in their head?

Just now, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Does it tell if they are a minor in the DOB field or does the employee have to do the math in their head?

I don't really know. I would like to think that the system would place an icon and/or color around the picture for a minor -- or something to make it distinctive -- the way you see the orange circle and icon here. Although I don't know what the orange circle and icon were indicating. The "E" was muster station.

image.png.1304c703656a67b5c869cc4d2e35e3c5.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Very glad to hear this good news.  Unfortunately, the case is "solved" and we will never know how this happened nor what will happen after the child is reunited with his parent/guardian.

I am so happy to hear that the mother had the technology to keep track of her son.  

And that's Princess flew mom to Germany ASAP

3 hours ago, tonit964 said:
18 hours ago, Kay S said:

Not all grandparents are elderly.  Let's say this 14 yr old has a parent who is 35, and that person's parent is 55.  Completely plausible.  I don't consider 55 elderly.  Of course, we know nothing of this family or their situation, so passing judgement seems unnecessary. 

Expand  

If my first born did what I did having him just short of 19, I could have been a grandmother at 38. 😳

I was a grandma at 46 .... don't ask. BUT in better shape now then then. 

I just want to add that the PCL employee that cleared him to get off needs to have his contract revoked. Although the child was located, thankfully to tracking his phone, it could've been disastrous.  Whether the PCL employee has ever done anything like this before this has to be a "once & done" violation

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EDVM96 said:

Whichever security person was sneaked should be severely reprimanded.  I understand that it's not a prison but there are rules regarding minors getting off the ship on their own.  Some Princess employee dropped the ball big time and should be dealt with accordingly.  His or her action could have resulted in a tragedy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

His or her action could have resulted in a tragedy.

Here we go again with the blame game from people who simply cannot and do not have all the facts in the case.

I posted the pic of the Medallion tablet above to demonstrate that the system does malfunction from time to time. Do you think it's possible the system malfunctioned in this case and is it possible it didn't flag the boy as a minor? I'm telling you it is possible.

Take a close look at that picture. If you can't see the malfunction, then you really have no business commenting on who is at fault here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I still have not seen a report here in the US on tv or internet that he has been found. You would think that the news would report that? Have any of you seen news of Aydin being found? Have you? 

yes    on AOL home page   latest news  (I'm not printing the entire article, just the header.  I'm very thankful he was found safe.  This was a horrible situation for both his family and Princess cruise line.

Latest News

Edited by kjquilts
  • Thanks 1

Wanted to post what the Aunt posted on social media on behalf of the grandmother as it closes the loop a bit and actually has something nice to say about Princess.  It's a thank you to those who expressed concern and who helped, especially the German police.

To all my friends; this is thank you message from Anne Yaktiyol.
Our entire family thanks you for sharing his news story and for the endless prayers to find Aydin and bring him home.
Forever grateful for your love, concern and support!❤️🙏
This will be my last public posting regarding Aydin. My family needs to heal, and move forward privately.
Aydin is in the arms of his mother and I. Arrangements are currently being made to fly us home asap.
To the amazing network of family and friends, who answered my calls for help, may God bless you.
You all did an amazing job of helping me shout for help, getting attention out there in our world. You were relentless for me, your posts gave me strength to continue. Your pleas for help in your own communities grew and grew into a force of unbelievable unity. The world heard you all! Your prayers of keeping Aydin safe, such a powerful force this was! With thousands and eventually tens of thousands praying, God smiled and nodded, and shielded Aydin from harm.
Big thank you to the German police, who orchestrated a countrywide manhunt, pulling every resource available, without hesitation, God bless you!
The person responsible is in the custody of German police, who are still investigating this incident.
To Princess Cruise Lines, an error did occur, you accepted responsibility immediately, and stepped up to assist myself, and family. The entourage assigned to stay at my side worked diligently to help remove any barriers, in addition to assuring my own safety and health. They have been right there helping me wherever and whenever needed for these past few horrific days. This was a families worst nightmare, a severe emotional roller-coaster, and this team surrounded me without fail, to which I'm grateful. Thank you.
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 19