The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday July 6th, 2024

10 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser I think you've mastered the predicted Beryl pattern!! Yes,OK. (TX dwellers) should all be ok.

I hope everyone in her path comes through unscathed. I do wish we would get some rain, though- the cracks in the yard are horrible. 

Our yard is beginning to crack too.  The prediction for Monday here according to the weather app is "Rainfall near an inch".  That leaves a lot of wiggle room, just like predicting the path of Beryl.

Lenda

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Evening, thanks for the daily fleet report.  It remains very muggy and I’m appreciative of the ac.  Made ham for dinner and am marinating a pork roast for tomorrow.  I’m watching Dr Pol and an ad came on that the series finale is tonight at 9.  I’m recording it to watch tomorrow.

image.png.4c475c408685723c76d8a2645a16ede9.png

Jake, that is sad news.  I've enjoyed watching Dr. Pol including reruns.

Lenda

• Like 10

Good afternoon, 

The sun is shining and we're in the low 80's which is pretty darn warm for this neck of the woods! 

DM came home yesterday, spent the night with my sisters last night and is back at her independent living apartment today. She called me earlier and didn't sound great but she was having bathroom "issues". She called me an hour or so ago and those have sorted out. It's amazing the curative powers of Imodium, Gatorade, raisin toast with extra crunchy peanut butter and, most importantly, her cup of tea can do! I'll check back on her in a few hours just to be sure. 

My big bag is packed and I'll get it in the car soon. My carry-on with jewelry, etc. is almost ready. It's keeping all the chargers straight as well! My friend going with me is so excited and I think it's starting to rub off on me. I'm hoping we'll be on the road for Seattle by 9:00 tomorrow morning and should be on the Westerdam by 11:30 or so if all goes well. 

Have a great Saturday! 

Karen

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Jake, that is sad news.  I've enjoyed watching Dr. Pol including reruns.

Lenda

I’ve learned a lot over the years watching his show.

• Like 10

18 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

...I’m watching Dr Pol and an ad came on that the series finale is tonight at 9.  I’m recording it to watch tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads-up - I didn't know he was ending his show. 

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Our yard is beginning to crack too.  The prediction for Monday here according to the weather app is "Rainfall near an inch".  That leaves a lot of wiggle room, just like predicting the path of Beryl.

Lenda

Hope this helps, Lenda. 😎

P.S. you can reuse this image for all future storms. 

IMG_2953.jpeg.ef4a3922661bb80fa6fec54f4c7cec19.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 17

20 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good afternoon, 

The sun is shining and we're in the low 80's which is pretty darn warm for this neck of the woods! 

DM came home yesterday, spent the night with my sisters last night and is back at her independent living apartment today. She called me earlier and didn't sound great but she was having bathroom "issues". She called me an hour or so ago and those have sorted out. It's amazing the curative powers of Imodium, Gatorade, raisin toast with extra crunchy peanut butter and, most importantly, her cup of tea can do! I'll check back on her in a few hours just to be sure. 

My big bag is packed and I'll get it in the car soon. My carry-on with jewelry, etc. is almost ready. It's keeping all the chargers straight as well! My friend going with me is so excited and I think it's starting to rub off on me. I'm hoping we'll be on the road for Seattle by 9:00 tomorrow morning and should be on the Westerdam by 11:30 or so if all goes well. 

Have a great Saturday! 

Karen

Karen, that is good news your DM is home and has overcome the bathroom "issues".  I'm sure you are relieved, and can now really enjoy your cruise.  I know you and your BFF will have a great cruise.

10 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

So have I.  I also like watching all the animals, especially the cats and dogs.

1 minute ago, cat shepard said:

Hope this helps, Lenda. 😎

P.S. you can reuse this image for all future storms. 

IMG_2953.jpeg.ef4a3922661bb80fa6fec54f4c7cec19.jpeg

Ann, I love it.  I think that's the standard model for hurricanes in the Gulf, and I bet it hangs on the wall next to their dart boards and maps for the regular weather predictions.

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Haha 9

Good morning.

@richwmn  Thank you for posting the Holland America Line Fleet locations, and the opportunity for the daily news.

Yesterday the All Blacks won their game of Rugby against England,  accommodation in the the city was booked out, ........... thousands of visitors for the game.

@kazu  you have made a huge decision for yourself and Ivan, I hope that you will soon have a date for the surgery, and that your plans to move house go smoothly.  You have  lots of photos of your lovely garden to take with you.

Will read all the posts later.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I’m watching Dr Pol and an ad came on that the series finale is tonight at 9.  I’m recording it to watch tomorrow.

Dr. Pol hasn't been available on cable here for at least a year (Charter Spectrum). Eventually the current season will make it to Hulu.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Finally finished a quilt top I have been working on. Who chose a pattern with such little squares? And strange bloom on the hydrangea-half pink and half purple.

Resized_20240703_091814_1720294843172 (1).jpeg

Resized_20240706_101017_1720294718219.jpeg

Absolutely gorgeous!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Same. I really like that show and Critter Fixers. DH doesn't understand why I watch - he grew up on a farm and says he's had his arm elbow deep in enough cows that he has no desire to see it on a large screen 🫣

Now we can watch Dr Pol's son Charles work on his farm - last I saw him, he was trying to learn how to drive his dad's 🚜 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good late afternoon

Home again after watering DD's garden.  I was happy to see that the deer and slugs hadn't done any more damage and everything looked better than I expected.  I even was able to harvest a lot of lettuce for us.  I guess the deer only like the veggies when they're brand new and tender.

Remember early in the grand-kitties' visit Smudge turned off our internet?  Well today she set off the home alarm. 😲  Actually it was probably my fault, I set the alarm to "away" when we left for DD's and shouldn't have.  The camera picked up movement in the living room -- we got the alerts on our phones and a phone call soon after leaving home.  Right as we said there are 2 cats in the house, she said "yes, I see a cat on the camera".  So I need to remember not to set it while they're here!  Or at least have the indoor cameras off.

@SusieKIslandGirl What a beautiful quilt!  And I love that you make them for a good cause.  

My Hydrangeas can do that too (pink and purple) it happens when I haven't put lime in the soil for awhile.  I like the deep pink so have to add lime every so often.

Joy @Seasick Sailor Thank you so much for all that info about Wrangell!  Now I know what I want to do -- walk to the Petroglyph Beach State Park to see the ancient carvings.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Finally finished a quilt top I have been working on. Who chose a pattern with such little squares? And strange bloom on the hydrangea-half pink and half purple.

Honestly that hydrangea is perfect.  Mine do that - change colour and sometimes one half is changed and the other is not.  Very realistic.  

4 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Resized_20240703_091814_1720294843172 (1).jpeg

Resized_20240706_101017_1720294718219.jpeg

OK now, seriously - Wow!  Absolutely gorgeous - LOVE it.    Are you taking bids to buy it?  What size is it?  

It’s exquisite Susie - you are one talented lady 💗 

2 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Glad to hear your DM is back and you can go with total ease of mind.

All your bags are packed - you’re ready to go 🎵.  Excited - fabulous!  Very safe travels to youTomorrow and I hope you two have a fabulous time on your cruise 🙂

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites!  Roy, what is there to do in Wrangell?  We are scheduled to be there next year on NA.  We will have one of my California cousins with us, and a friend, who have never cruised, so I think I am in charge of organizing activities.

Since it was recommended you ask me, I'll just say that I really have no idea. We've done so many AK cruises that we no longer really look for new wildlife or other things to explore. We just enjoy the scenery and the wildlife we can see from the ship. But, quite recently, a friend told me how much they loved a Bears of Anan tour out of Wrangell, don't know if it was a ship tour, what line (probably Princess) or independent. When I search for that, I found The Forestry site, as well as a number of sites that provide additional info and tours. It seems there are many opportunities to do that or any number of other activities based on my searches. Also, may want to check out the Alaska ports of call.

We now just tend to like to wander around the small towns and see what there is to see. 

Also, best to you with your radiation treatment. I can understand your trepidation, and hope all goes well as mine did. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

To our Texan friends we wish you safety and no damage with Beryl coming your way. Received info that our time share in Cancun is fine and it’s already back in it’s manicured idyllic condition.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda, are you getting rain? We are getting a nice down pour. Weather says light rain, but it's going strong!

Joy, no rain so far, althogh it has gotten cloudy.  The radar shows rain west of us, but it is supposed die out before it gets here.  Glad you're getting rain.

It seems the Volendam thread has been taken down.  

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good afternoon, 

Have a great Saturday! 

Karen

🌺🌺🌺

Aloha Karen!

Have a wonderful cruise tomorrow!!

🌺🌺🌺

Mahalo,

Denise😊

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Joy, no rain so far, althogh it has gotten cloudy.  The radar shows rain west of us, but it is supposed die out before it gets here.  Glad you're getting rain.

It seems the Volendam thread has been taken down.  

Lenda

The thread is on page 2, but locked.

Sweet dreams!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

36 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

seems the Volendam thread has been taken down.  

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Lenda, Aloha ❤️

I am soooooo glad it finally was taken down!!! I even asked and begged to finally take this down!! I was +10 that they were going to kick me off CC!

Glad it is only rain so far! I worry about my sister Joy and our adopted daughter in Austin! (She has been my daughter’s BFF since 1St grade!

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Mahalo!

Denise

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

The thread is on page 2, but locked.

Sweet dreams!

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Aloha! Sweet sister!

Was so worried about the storm!!

Glad all is well!