Can I order distilled water?

I know this information is available, because I've used it before, but it has been years, and I can't find it!  Where online (on Navigator?) can I order distilled water for a CPAP machine? I remember that it was hidden under some kind of "services" topic, but for the life of me, it is escaping my view. 

Thank you for your help. 
Barb

Go to HA’s website and log in. Click on “manage my cruise”. At the top of the page, click on “food & beverages” the scroll down to “water” then scroll down the page and you will see 1 gallon of distilled water. Buy your water in advance. It is more expensive on the ship. 

• Like 1

Can you get distilled water onboard for CPAP machines? Is there a charge? Do you just ask your cabin steward after you board? Thanks!

Posted (edited)

You can order it in advance. Log into your booking on the HAL website and click the "Food & Beverages" tab near the top center. Select "Water" from the list. You should see distilled water listed for $2.95/gallon.

Edited by cavecreekguy
  • Like 3

• Host Kat changed the title to Can I order distilled water?
3 hours ago, jjt said:

Can you get distilled water onboard for CPAP machines? Is there a charge? Do you just ask your cabin steward after you board? Thanks!

You can order onboard but it will cost $2.95 a gallon.

Have used a CPAP for years and always use tap water. Never had a problem. I’m amused with those who swear by distilled water. More power to you.

• Like 1

On the 22 June 2024 Eurodam Alaska cruise, my husband was charged $5 for his gallon of distilled water.  Probably cheaper if ordered before the cruise.

Barbara

13 hours ago, kirkc said:

Have used a CPAP for years and always use tap water. Never had a problem. I’m amused with those who swear by distilled water. More power to you.

It all depends on your local water. Too many minerals can really build up and it’s tough on the machine.

21 hours ago, kirkc said:

The OP asked how he can order distilled water for his CPAP.  He did not ask if distilled water was better than tap water.

• Like 4

My husband uses distilled water for a 2x day medical sinus rinse. We preordered a gallon prior to our 21 day cruise. When he needed more, they could not deliver for several days and he could not find any in port (Norway-UK cruise).  We spoke to guest services every day to report it was urgent and a medical necessity. Finally, I ran into the hotel manager and he got it delivered to our cabin same day.  Since then, we empty several new small drinking water bottles and fill them with distilled water at home, plastic wrap under cap and in zip loc baggies, put in checked luggage. We at least have some supply when we arrive at our destination.

On 7/10/2024 at 9:35 PM, terrydtx said:

You can order onboard but it will cost $2.95 a gallon.

If you order it on board, it will cost $6.  If you order it in advance, it will cost $2.50.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ghstudio said:

If you order it on board, it will cost $6.  If you order it in advance, it will cost $2.50.

Just to clarify, just now on my booking, pre cruise it is still $2.95

image.png.d88939b2e2853c87a4b02ae97e7799c7.png

Edited by oakridger

Thank you for this info... though we have cruised a lot, this will be our first on HAL. On all of our previous cruises, we were able to request a gallon from our room steward on day 1 and it was free and in the room by dinner time.  Good to know about ordering in advance to be assured it will  be waiting for us on day 1... and the cost is pretty minor, so not a big deal. 🙂 

1 hour ago, Goldenrosebags said:

Thank you for asking this. My husband uses distilled water in his cpap on cruises and we've never had to pay with other lines. We would have had no idea.

Same for us... and would have been quite inconvenienced if we had to wait several days to get it - knowing about this enabled me to order it for our cruise next month 🙂 

Depending on which ship you’re on, you might find an outlet behind the bed (usually the older ships). You’ll need an adapter and will lose the bedside lamp but the cpap cord won’t be stretched across the room.

We just returned from a cruise on Volendam.  When I ordered my distilled water on line, I received an email from HAL telling me that this ship only had one electrical outlet, and it was not near the bed.  I was advised to bring an extension cord, which I did.  Interesting that on other lines, when I request distilled water, it is provided free and they always send me an email telling me they will be providing an extension cord if I should need it.

That's interesting.  I ordered distilled water for my cruise coming up in about a week, also on the Volendam.  I did not receive such an email.  I also contacted Ship Services a couple of weeks ago to request an extension cord for my cruise.  I guess we'll see if I actually get one...