Folio conflict after disembarking

trvlwrld

Lovely cruise on the Sky to Norway.  We checked and printed our folio each day (only 2 mischarges that guest services rectified easily),  so thought we were in the clear.  Received the final folio today by email and it was totally different.  Can’t figure out how they possibly balance their charges, and the new line item charges that miraculously appeared.  They have a zero balance showing and our $196 refundable OBC is now $151 which has been referred to finance for consideration.  Wondering what the chances are that I receive a check in the mail for anything close to the correct amount and who knows when it might possibly arrive?

2 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

who knows when it might possibly arrive?

I can't help you with the different amount, but I can tell you we recently returned from a Sapphire cruise and we received our (correct) refund check in the mail 3 weeks after we arrived home.  That's also about how long it took to get the refund from our January cruise as well.  

• Like 2

This stuff can drive anyone nutz.  We came off the Sky, last December, with a refundable balance of $436.  A few days ago it occurred to me that we never saw the check so I called Princess.  They quickly found the check number in their computer and told me it was for $400.  When I asked what happened to the other $36 (we actually have a post cruise statement from Princess that shows that amount) they had no answer and said, the check was cut for $400.  What happened to that check?  Who knows?  We are in the process of trying to get it reissued.  Not going to fight about the lost $36 for which the phone folks have no clue.

Hank

• Like 3

When the check arrives it will be in an envelope from a 3rd party company, I can't remember the name. It looks like junk mail. Be careful going through your mail until you have the check in hand. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, skynight said:

When the check arrives it will be in an envelope from a 3rd party company, I can't remember the name. It looks like junk mail. Be careful going through your mail until you have the check in hand. 

Refund obc, windowed envelope from Bottomline Technologies with Princess Cruises below it.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

Lovely cruise on the Sky to Norway.  We checked and printed our folio each day (only 2 mischarges that guest services rectified easily),  so thought we were in the clear.  Received the final folio today by email and it was totally different.  Can’t figure out how they possibly balance their charges, and the new line item charges that miraculously appeared.  They have a zero balance showing and our $196 refundable OBC is now $151 which has been referred to finance for consideration.  Wondering what the chances are that I receive a check in the mail for anything close to the correct amount and who knows when it might possibly arrive?

Without seeing the new line item charges, I can only speculate on what happened as we’ve experienced the same thing.  We were charged corkage for a bottle of wine we purchased onboard along with being charged for our specialty coffees and mimosas we ordered the last morning after 6 AM but before disembarking.  
We also get our folios on two different final invoices.  It ends up with were overcharged about  $45.  I sent in my request for these overcharges via the Princess website to the post cruise using the following link.  

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/customerCare.page

Scroll down to the section for support request and chose Post Cruise Comments or Questions and then choose Onboard Folio Statement

We had received a check for our overcharges back in a couple of weeks, minus the taxes charged by the port, after outlining our issue.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Here's the return address from our recent refund check.

20240711_085549.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Here's the return address from our recent refund check.

20240711_085549.jpg

EXACTLY - no way that looks like 'junk mail' if we are expecting a refund from Princes Cruise Line

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, memoak said:

I have never walked off any ship with a credit balance. LOL

The only reason we had credit balances on our last 2 cruises were from cancelled excursions. Normally we don't either!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I got overcharged too on the Sun a couple of weeks ago. Hubbie and I had premier package. Daughter didn't. prebooked hot pot restaurant and crown grill in the app a few months ago. My CC was charged $90 for my daughter's cover charge. Our crown grill reservation was on the last night of the cruise. When I got the final folio, off the ship, they added a $106.20 cover charge. I have called Princess and they created a claim and someone to email or call me back within 48 hours. if not, I will have to email 

Edited by juicyjuju

1 hour ago, juicyjuju said:

I got overcharged too on the Sun a couple of weeks ago. Hubbie and I had premier package. Daughter didn't. prebooked hot pot restaurant and crown grill in the app a few months ago. My CC was charged $90 for my daughter's cover charge. Our crown grill reservation was on the last night of the cruise. When I got the final folio, off the ship, they added a $106.20 cover charge. I have called Princess and they created a claim and someone to email or call me back within 48 hours. if not, I will have to email 

The $106 would be the charge for 2 specialty meals including the 18%. If you had already paid the charge minus the 18% that is where the error is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, juicyjuju said:

We're doing something similar except it was Spellbound. Prepaid for two in April and was still charged for it on our folio, no credit for the prepayment. This was the second-to-last night before disembarkation. Did a crew-call chat the last full day and was told it would be taken care of. Of course it wasn't. Knowing how bad Princess customer service is, we disputed it with the credit card company. Multiple things in our favor; prepayment was made using the same credit card, I kept screenshots of the crew-call chat and of course the Princess folio. Princess has already tried to claim my dispute isn't valid but the card company is standing strong!

2 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

We're doing something similar except it was Spellbound. Prepaid for two in April and was still charged for it on our folio, no credit for the prepayment. This was the second-to-last night before disembarkation. Did a crew-call chat the last full day and was told it would be taken care of. Of course it wasn't. Knowing how bad Princess customer service is, we disputed it with the credit card company. Multiple things in our favor; prepayment was made using the same credit card, I kept screenshots of the crew-call chat and of course the Princess folio. Princess has already tried to claim my dispute isn't valid but the card company is standing strong!

So annoying! You would think they would have this figured out. It must come up often

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, juicyjuju said:

So annoying! You would think they would have this figured out. It must come up often

We did the same with a specialty restaurant booking. Had the Premier package but the app still charged for the reservation. After we dined, there was a charge and then a credit for Premier plus the reimbursement for the pre-payment. Perfect. For Spellbound, not so much.

4 minutes ago, juicyjuju said:

We never book specialty dinners in advance just once on board so never had this issue 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

hey have a zero balance showing and our $196 refundable OBC is now $151 which has been referred to finance for consideration.

Whatever was "referred to finance for consideration" is what you will receive in the mail. Been there, done that, as have many others. Princess has a really bizarre accounting system. If you believe you are owed more than what is listed as above good luck on getting it. I'm paranoid and do an actual printout from the kiosk on the night before disembarkation and then again on disembarkation day (if I can). Our last refund had to be converted from AUD to USD and, miraculously, seemed to come out equal to what "I" thought the conversion rate should have been.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, konatyme said:

@Cruise RaiderDid you have Plus (or Premier) and were still charged for those coffees after 6 AM on the last morning? It never occurred to me that we'd be charged for those at that time. Anybody else experience this?

We had the premier package, so we’re really surprised we had been charged for morning coffees and cocktails.

I’ve have been charged for the same on the morning of the second leg of a B2B, as well but that was taken care of onboard.  

I would really like to know if it is allowed or not, though.  We’ve been on cruises since then .. asked that we be told if they were going to charge us to our account after we’ve disembarked and they said we would not.  But, we haven’t put that to the test.  

Edited by Cruise Raider

5 minutes ago, konatyme said:

@Cruise RaiderThanks for the reply. We will be on a cruise in October and are trying to figure out how we'd know whether or not there'd be a charge on that last morning.

i know we’ve been charged on both the Discovery and the Majestic but was told by the officers that it shouldn’t be listed as a charge.  
On our last cruise, with the premier package, we asked the people at the coffee bar to charge us the night before and we’d grab our coffees in the morning, just to be on the safe side.  It shouldn’t have to happen that way .. not sure why it does.  
I will check it out on my next cruise and hope to come back with some information.  

On 7/17/2024 at 8:15 PM, trvlwrld said:

Great news!  Can’t believe that I just received my correct $$ check in the mail and it’s only been 15 days…I’m impressed!

Yay!