Anyone having problems cruising today?

With the outages, Miami International Airport is at a standstill.  If you are arriving back to Miami on a cruise and heading to the airport its going to be a long day.  I have not read or seen that the Port of Miami has any issues but maybe if someone is at the port can report that.  People flying into Miami today for their cruise are probably going to miss the ship.  The local news reports from Miami International Airport are not pretty.

Hopefully they can get this fixed fast.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

With the outages, Miami International Airport is at a standstill.  If you are arriving back to Miami on a cruise and heading to the airport its going to be a long day.  I have not read or seen that the Port of Miami has any issues but maybe if someone is at the port can report that.  People flying into Miami today for their cruise are probably going to miss the ship.  The local news reports from Miami International Airport are not pretty.

Hopefully they can get this fixed fast.

Since this is a Global IT issues widely reported in the media-- probably not.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Backend cloud servers that powered many systems behind Windows OS been getting slammed worldwide during the early morning hours, reports coming from EU began hours ago ... MS acknowledged and said it's back up, recovery & full restoration is going take a while.  

911 / 999 / 110 and other similar services along with banking systems being affected ... quick check of our Google Fi & T-Mobile cellular services, no issues "detected" thus far. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/what-has-caused-global-it-outage-everything-we-know-so-far/ar-BB1qgW0m?rc=1&ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=0d7893b384264e86b5f4d7f24d6eddf6&ei=10

NCL supposingly outsourced theirs to AWS and perhaps more insulated ... massive data traffic getting rerouted aren't going to easy and simple.  No issues on my end since it's running on Linux OS over VPN.  

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/19/tech/crowdstrike-update-global-outage-explainer/index.html

Hopefully, smarter ones have a Plan C standing by in addition to putting Plan B into motion. 

Edited by mking8288

1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

Anyone having problems cruising today?

Yes! I'm not on a cruise today, and that's a problem! Thanks for asking. Felt good to get that off my chest.

• Haha 6

Yep. Our local news made it sound like MSP (big Delta hub) was more or less at a stand still for a couple hours. The local paper's article said that as of 9:30/9:45, Flight Aware was reporting more than 2770 flights world wide cancelled, 1630 in the US. Delta 519. At our airport 70 Delta, and 115 total. Flight Aware also said 27,000 flights delayed.

I imagine it could take a couple days for the airlines to recover.

It's impacted hospitals. Surgeries cancelled.

The company I work for was impacted. Basically shut down our factories. Not sure if they are back up and running yet or not. I work remote, and not really in the loop.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I'm having a problem today. I don't have a cruise booked until February, so I'm sad. That is classified as a big problem! 

Amen to that. We are October, though.

Edited by luv2kroooz
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Cruising power is still down. 

Down or just "Taking a Power Nap"  🤣

image.thumb.jpeg.1825c45217a1c1c492540b880e11f721.jpeg

Another reason to never leave final payment to the very last day.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Down or just "Taking a Power Nap"  🤣

image.thumb.jpeg.1825c45217a1c1c492540b880e11f721.jpeg

Another reason to never leave final payment to the very last day.  

It's improving.  An hour ago it could not even load that page.....baby steps.

Yes, precisely a reason why to never leave it until the last day.

2 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Awe shucks @cruiseny4life I have a Nov. B2B booked, so sorry... NOT! lol 

Well you better keep us updated if you're going to be like that! I need to live through someone's experience to get myself to February!!!!!

35 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

Amen to that. We are October, though.

So. Far. Away! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m reading on that other site The Jade due in Port Canaveral tomorrow won’t arrive until early Sunday morning as she is having steering issues and limping back. This was from someone on board

5 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

This is why you fly in the day before.

Normally I would agree but I know this has affected flights even the day BEFORE a cruise. I was personally affected by this and was going in a day early. This is also likely going to affect the people flying in the day of. Already saw the majority of flights blacked out on Google, Southwest, and American. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It impacted people disembarking the Anthem this morning. Many were still on board at close to 10am.

Cruising power is still down. 

So people could not get off? Are your flights affected?