Unlimited dining…NOT!!!

1 hour ago, canderson said:

It does raise interesting questions about Virgin Voyages, however...

From what I've read online, their passengers may be Virgins when they board, but may not be when they disembark. 😉

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, zitsky said:

So when I go to a restaurant at noon, I’m not dining out?  What am I doing, eating breakfast at home?

You don’t need to apologize for Celebrity’s misuse of language.

Nope, you are having Lunch, a derivative of Luncheon.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Trevor Fountain said:

Nope, you are having Lunch, a derivative of Luncheon.

Nice try, smarty pants.  I was having brunch.  Are you going to tell me that’s a made up word too???  😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Nice try, smarty pants.  I was having brunch.  Are you going to tell me that’s a made up word too???  😭

Seems that one most definitely is.  Coined around the turn of the last century (1896).

16 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Go easy on the horse.

It's just a slow Friday on CC.

Aren’t you watching the Olympics too? 😁

Is it just me or is this the most boring opening ceremony!?

3 minutes ago, Liao said:

Funny…

We are watching too and I just said to my DH,”this is the most boring opening I have ever watched.”😉

11 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Funny…

We are watching too and I just said to my DH,”this is the most boring opening I have ever watched.”😉

The best one was “Queen Elizabeth II” with James Bond.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Funny…

Really long speeches..get on with it.. esp in the rain!

• Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 5:00 PM, Dos Enchie said:

We have bought this package numerous times. Never had an issue until now. I think they recently changed it. Two waiters were even very confused about it and had to talk to their managers to find out the specifics. If the package did not say unlimited I would not be upset. 

I book Unlimited also when there is a sale....The rules posted above have been in affect all year.  

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

I book Unlimited also when there is a sale....The rules posted above have been in affect all year.  

You should call it the Limited package.  Because that’s what it is.

3 hours ago, Liao said:

It's not that it's boring .. I just think they have totally lost touch that the Olympics are about the competitions and the competitors .. I miss the old days when the teams were the focus and they walked/marched into the stadium.. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, zitsky said:

You should call it the Limited package.  Because that’s what it is.

Don't make me break out my dead horse graphic!!

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

The dead, or almost dead horse has an X on it, so is it representing Celebrity, the Olympics or something else?  I can see so many things, but I detest being cruel to animals in real life!  😝  I guess the opening ceremony was representing a slow boat to China, along with not raining on someone’s parade. Maybe slow and steady wins the race...okay, that’s just how my brain works.

Edited by Lastdance

I have to defend the poster here. The wording of the package has been the same over years, and the lunches anytime a restaurant was open was always included once on the ships. They must have just started enforcing that.

18 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

It's not that it's boring .. I just think they have totally lost touch that the Olympics are about the competitions and the competitors .. I miss the old days when the teams were the focus and they walked/marched into the stadium.. 

Great thought!  Maybe that will catch on again.. Seems they are competing with the wretched  Superbowl Half Time show.

The "lunch only on sea days" has been in the terms and conditions at least since December 2023 when I booked unlimited specialty for my upcoming Transatlantic cruise. That includes 12 dinners and lunch for 9 sea days. I paid $520 + gratuity for all those meals which works out to 12 dinners at $33 each and 9 lunches at $14 each so quite a bargain for me.