Georgia Peaches Takes Sweet Mama on Her First Celebrity Cruise...Reflection Live 7/29-8/2

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from Georgia_Peaches! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

Georgia_Peaches was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Hello All,

It's time for my long anticipated mother/daughter cruise with Sweet Mama!  We haven't sailed together EVER on Celebrity and I want to do this right.  Sweet Mama is my very best friend and this trip is special.  Four nights only because Big Daddy is sick and she doesn't want to leave him for too long.  But Mama needs a break and I can't wait to show her a good time.

The nail biter is our flight from Atl to Fll...in the rain.  We are flying in the day of...gasp...because time away is a hot commodity.  I will meet her at her home at precisely 5:30 Am and at which point our UBER will whisk us to Hartsfield-Jackson for an 8:10 Am flight.  Rain is forecasted from 6 am to 10:30 am in the ATL.  I've been down this road before so I need any and all good vibes put forth to the universe for our timely departure.  Sail away is 3:30 PM and all aboard is at 2.  Not much wiggle room but we're sitting at the front of the plane so a mimosa or two might ease the anxiety.  

More to follow!

• Like 33
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

Have a wonderful cruise. Nothing but good vibes!

My daughter, her husband, and our two wonderful grandsons will be joining you. If you see any kids running around, they are not my grandsons. They will be the ones sitting politely and speaking softly 😜🤣.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 4
  • Haha 12

10 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Best wishes for a safe and uneventful journey to FLL.  Here's hoping Delta does right by you and you mom.  

I’ve been following the Delta debacle all week long and it seems they are back on schedule. Our flight was changed from 8:15 to 8:10 which is no big deal but it gives us an out if we need it. I feel good about our departure. 😊

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Loucat said:

Am-I-reading-this-wrong-or-should-you-have-already-set-sail-as-it-is-8:42PM-East-Coast-time?

My heart skipped a beat. We set sail tomorrow. 🤣

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

My heart skipped a beat. We set sail tomorrow. 🤣

Glad-you-will-make-your-sailing!

Happy-times-on-their-way.

• Like 1

Our UBER arrived at exactly 5:45 this morning and had us at the airport by 6:15. Smooth sailing through security and to the gate. Flight is on time and pilots and crew have arrived!  Rain has held off. The stars have aligned and Sweet Mama and I are sipping a mimosa. Thank you all for the positive energy. See you on the flip side!

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Our UBER arrived at exactly 5:45 this morning and had us at the airport by 6:15. Smooth sailing through security and to the gate. Flight is on time and pilots and crew have arrived!  Rain has held off. The stars have aligned and Sweet Mama and I are sipping a mimosa. Thank you all for the positive energy. See you on the flip side!

I think we will all breathe a lot easier when we hear you have arrived safely in FLL and you and your dear momma are both onboard having an adult beverage. 

• Like 5