Bringing cannabis gummies on board

4 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

You were - I was just expanding.  Sorry if I wasn't more clear acknowledging that as well.

Thanks!   There is no doubt that it is prohibited on cruise ships.   I did learn that a prescription doesn't matter.  As for the OP's question, I also think it just seems too risky.

Just now, ldubs said:

Thanks!   There is no doubt that it is prohibited on cruise ships.   I did learn that a prescription doesn't matter.  As for the OP's question, I also think it just seems too risky.

Couldn't agree more!

Happy cruising.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Are you still going to Alaska?  I believe that edible cannabis, cannabis extracts, and cannabis topicals are now legal in Canada, however, it is still illegal to transport cannabis across the Canadian border.

And of course cannabis is still illegal under US Federal law which includes flying.

Only you can determine your risk profile. You probably won't be profiled as a drug mule but there is always a chance of being selected for random search.  

Life is a series of risk and rewards. Only you can determine if the reward is worth the risk.  At this point in my life, I prefer lower-risk activities rather than higher-risk activities.  I would seek a prescription for a sleeping aid from my physician. 

"Can dogs distinguish the scent of marijuana through a sealed, airtight jar?

In conclusion, dogs can detect the scent of marijuana through a sealed, airtight jar, but only under specific conditions. If the jar is not completely airtight, the dog will likely smell the scent on the outside of the container. "

Dogs' Sensitive Noses Detect Weed Through Sealed Jars | PetShun

Edited by CruisingAlong4Now
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Yes, I thought it clear that was my question. 

Consider that possession of Cannabis (in any form) is subject to up to a 5-year prison sentence in Japan.  And there are other countries with more stringent laws (up to 10 years in Singapore).  My goodness, there are islands in the Caribbean where you can go to jail for just wearing camouflage shorts/slacks,  

Folks who want to travel outside their own country are well-advised to be very careful about violating laws in places they will visit.  Rather than asking about how to sneak things onto ships, folks should be asking what is allowed and not allowed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think we've established that it's illegal.  Perhaps not too risky.  But the punishment is dire.  So, let's move on.  I have tried billions of things to sleep better over the years.  Until I got old, I slept 9 hours a night.  Most peeps' insomnia is a combination of hormones, joint pain, lack of exercise and a brain that likes to use its gerbil wheel all night.  The remedies all sorta work, none of them always work.  My best plan is two generic sleeping pills, one Aleve, and a glass of milk at 2am when I think it's time to get up.  Cookies are a bonus.  I get 6-7 hours that way, and about once a week I sleep 8-10 hours.  The gummies are great, but I travel too much.  

but 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zqvol said:

It’s really very simple. Possession of them is not allowed on a cruise ship. Are you willing to risk the penalties that you may incur if you are caught? 

You mean like federal prison?!?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, clo said:

You mean like federal prison?!?

Google the sentencing parameters for a federal charge of simple possession. For a first offense, as a misdemeanor, it might be probation if the judge is feeling lenient. Or it could be  a fine if up to $5000 and up to a year in the slammer. Not to mention what a criminal history might do to any employment prospects. Seems like quite a risk, compared to going to a doctor for a legal prescription.

Edited by mom says

2 minutes ago, mom says said:

Not to mention what a criminal history might do to any employment prospects.

Yup. I'd say if OP really needs this then they may not want to cruise...or fly.

4 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Consider that possession of Cannabis (in any form) is subject to up to a 5-year prison sentence in Japan.  And there are other countries with more stringent laws (up to 10 years in Singapore).  My goodness, there are islands in the Caribbean where you can go to jail for just wearing camouflage shorts/slacks,  

Folks who want to travel outside their own country are well-advised to be very careful about violating laws in places they will visit.  Rather than asking about how to sneak things onto ships, folks should be asking what is allowed and not allowed.

I am very aware that many countries have strict penalties and cruise ships have prohibitions regarding this substance.  If you go back and read all my comments, not being the oracle of all knowledge, I asked some questions.  I expressed an opinion to the OP that cannot be mistaken as saying they should sneak it onboard a cruise ship.  Just the opposite in fact.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

No clue, I didn't go ask the Federal agents which drugs they were being arrested for. 

I truly don't care what people do, if somebody gets high or not has no impact on me... But I think the considerate thing to do is to at least be honest with OP about the risks so they can make an informed decision. 

But apparently it was a drug bust.  

To be fair, and I don't think you intended it, but I don't think the OP is asking the question because they are interested in getting high.