FIRST TIME IN SUITE ?

Hello,

Just a few more questions, it will be our first time on the Beyond and in an Aqua Sky Suite.  My sister mentioned a few things that we may get could you help us with a few more questions please?

My sister believes:

1-  that we are able to extend our stay and disembark later, how late are we able to disembark, how late can we leave our cabin?

2-  She said that we may be given two complimentary bottles of spirits/wine, is this true?  If we do is there a list to choose from and if so, does anybody have the list?

3-  I read we receive a complimentary bottle of champagne in the cabin, is this given as soon as we arrive in our cabin or later during the cruise?

4-  I also read we can get in suite coffee set up, can anybody verify this?

5- In the retreat lounge, do they have a latte machine?

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

Just a few more questions, it will be our first time on the Beyond and in an Aqua Sky Suite.  My sister mentioned a few things that we may get could you help us with a few more questions please?

My sister believes:

1-  that we are able to extend our stay and disembark later, how late are we able to disembark, how late can we leave our cabin?

You cannot do this from cruises leaving/arriving in the US

2-  She said that we may be given two complimentary bottles of spirits/wine, is this true?  If we do is there a list to choose from and if so, does anybody have the list?

Not in a Sky Suite 

3-  I read we receive a complimentary bottle of champagne in the cabin, is this given as soon as we arrive in our cabin or later during the cruise?

Maybe - you can ask for it later 

No 

Not for guests to use. 

Thank you.

• Like 1

1- They kick us off the ship about 9am maybe a little later, but you can sip champagne while waiting.

2- Higher end suites gets two litters of liquor I don’t believe your suite qualifies 

3- you should get a bottle of sparkling wine when you arrive , occasionally we were offered a second bottle 

4- don’t remember 

5- there is a coffee machine in retreat , pretty sure you can get latte

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Cruisegirl6

My sister believes:

Your sister may have seen reference to something called "Extend Your Stay".  This program allows you to stay aboard until an hour before the next departure, but is only available in select European ports.  It's free only to Royal suites and above, otherwise charged something like $69 pp.

You'll get a free bottle of bubbly in your room upon arrival, but again, I suspect your sister is reading from the Royal and above playbook where you are allowed to select two bottles of spirits or wine as a bar setup for the cabin.  I say this because your #3 question already covers the bubbly stuff.

Should be waiting for you when you arrive.

Again, that's in the Royal+ column.  Your sister needs to stick with the amenities per cabin type on the Celebrity web pages re the Retreat.

They make espresso drinks, but depends upon class of ship.  I have no idea what they're doing on E class since they don't have a proper bar there.

Edited by canderson
typoz
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, canderson said:

@Cruisegirl6

They make espresso drinks, but depends upon class of ship.  I have no idea what they're doing on E class since they don't have a proper bar there.

I believe Beyond and Ascent do have a bar there, just no seats..I ordered drinks on Ascent there to take to the cabin.

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

We were in a Celebrity Suite on Beyond in April of this year. We were fully expecting our request for a Lavazza coffee machine with pods to be turned down, but we were pleasantly surprised when our butler arrived on Day 2 with the set up.

An Aqua Sky Suite is a wonderful stateroom in which to cruise, but I wouldn’t hold my breath looking for a “Yes” response.

I would ask anyway, because if you don’t ask, you’ll never know.

Randy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I believe Beyond and Ascent do have a bar there, just no seats..I ordered drinks on Ascent there to take to the cabin.

Isn't the "bar" on those ships somewhere in the back from whence drinks just magically appear?  What I was attempting (poorly) to describe is that I've not seen a picture of a bar in E-Class that showed a coffee/espresso machine (since there's no real bar in that sense), and haven't sailed one, so can't say what they do there.  So while they make espresso drinks, hard to say if they can steam milk, etc., unless you've actually had it there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Apex also has a bar with no seats. Sky Aqua Suites do not get champagne, it is sparkling wine.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Schmoe38 said:

We were in a Celebrity Suite on Beyond in April of this year. We were fully expecting our request for a Lavazza coffee machine with pods to be turned down, but we were pleasantly surprised when our butler arrived on Day 2 with the set up.

An Aqua Sky Suite is a wonderful stateroom in which to cruise, but I wouldn’t hold my breath looking for a “Yes” response.

I would ask anyway, because if you don’t ask, you’ll never know.

Randy

Could be your 'frequent flyer' status with Celebrity made a difference, too, Randy. 😉

I certainly wouldn't ever expect one to be delivered to an Aqua Sky Suite, but as you say, might as well ask!

Edited by canderson
I HATE TINY KEYBOARDS!
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, canderson said:

Isn't the "bar" on those ships somewhere in the back from whence drinks just magically appear?  What I was attempting (poorly) to describe is that I've not seen a picture of a bar in E-Class that showed a coffee/espresso machine (since there's no real bar in that sense), and haven't sailed one, so can't say what they do there.  So while they make espresso drinks, hard to say if they can steam milk, etc., unless you've actually had it there.

The bar you can walk up to that has most of what they need to make common cocktails, beer and wine. There is a service bar right behind the snack bar/buffet area where they can make anything. There is a proper espresso machine back there. 

• Like 2

The sparkling wine may not be in the suite upon entry.  The last 2 times we were in suites there was an empty ice bucket and a note to tell butler when you want that wine delivered. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

There is a service bar right behind the snack bar/buffet area where they can make anything. There is a proper espresso machine back there. 

Excellent.  So

@Cruisegirl6

#5 would be a "Yes" across the fleet.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, canderson said:

The liquor was in plain site..drinks made in front of me, I can’t address the coffee questions, I prefer Al Bacio for that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 39august said:

The sparkling wine may not be in the suite upon entry.  The last 2 times we were in suites there was an empty ice bucket and a note to tell butler when you want that wine delivered. 

Interesting.  Ours is always waiting, and we rarely want to open it upon arrival.  What your butlers have been doing actually makes more sense.  By the time we get around to opening the Champagne sometime in the evening, the bottle is on its 2nd round of ice, and the label is usually soaked off!

• Like 1

Just now, PTC DAWG said:

The liquor was in plain site..drinks made in front of me, I can’t address the coffee questions, I prefer Al Bacio for that. 

That's interesting.  In the thread about swapping well stock for call brand, it was noted by some that on E-Class, you had to be especially careful since you didn't see what was being used.  Perhaps that was only because they tend to bring them around.  Again, we've chosen not to do E-Class.  Thinking your approach of ordering direct might be safer? 

We've got point #5 totally clear now in any case.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canderson said:

That's interesting.  In the thread about swapping well stock for call brand, it was noted by some that on E-Class, you had to be especially careful since you didn't see what was being used.  Perhaps that was only because they tend to bring them around.  Again, we've chosen not to do E-Class.  Thinking your approach of ordering direct might be safer? 

We've got point #5 totally clear now in any case.

If you order at the bar and they have what you are ordering, they typically make the drink at the bar. If a server comes to you and takes your order, they usually go to the service bar to make the drink.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, canderson said:

#5 would be a "Yes" across the fleet.

I would question "across the fleet." I have never seen a proper espresso machine in M-class Retreat Lounges. Just the self-serve pod-based machine atop the bar. It'll make a latte but my guess is real coffee buffs would notice the difference.

10 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Also note that the sparkling wine that’s provided can be swapped for a bottle of red or white if you prefer. 

This is advisable IMO, as the sparkling wine they provide is pretty bad.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Also note that the sparkling wine that’s provided can be swapped for a bottle of red or white if you prefer. 

not the greatest.. we use it with OJ for an am type  drink

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I would question "across the fleet." I have never seen a proper espresso machine in M-class Retreat Lounges. Just the self-serve pod-based machine atop the bar. It'll make a latte but my guess is real coffee buffs would notice the difference.

This is advisable IMO, as the sparkling wine they provide is pretty bad.

The red and White House wines they trade the sparkling for are 👎.  

• Like 2