Check In On The App Not Going Well

iknbrgr

My wife and I are on the Solstice for the Sept 22nd cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii. Check in started at 3am (est) today. After filling out the required information I get the message "Sorry we hit a snag. We are unable to complete your request, please try again later." I have tried to fill the form out and submit approx. 20 times today but same message every time. My wife was able to do hers 1st time and she is not letting me forget it. I have called Celebrity twice today only to be told "its an IT problem on their end, will be fixed shortly." Anybody else have this experience? Did IT fix it? I have tried the laptop but don't see the check in button.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, iknbrgr said:

My wife and I are on the Solstice for the Sept 22nd cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii. Check in started at 3am (est) today. After filling out the required information I get the message "Sorry we hit a snag. We are unable to complete your request, please try again later." I have tried to fill the form out and submit approx. 20 times today but same message every time. My wife was able to do hers 1st time and she is not letting me forget it. I have called Celebrity twice today only to be told "its an IT problem on their end, will be fixed shortly." Anybody else have this experience? Did IT fix it? I have tried the laptop but don't see the check in button.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

This may be a silly question - are your reservations linked?  I've always been able to check in someone in my cabin or someone whose reservation was linked to mine. I'm wondering why your wife couldn't check you in, too.

Thanks for the quick response.

They are linked but it gave her the same message when she tried to do mine. Some of the information she put in her form automatically imported into my form. Such as credit card info and contact info. 

8 minutes ago, iknbrgr said:

Thanks for the quick response.

They are linked but it gave her the same message when she tried to do mine. Some of the information she put in her form automatically imported into my form. Such as credit card info and contact info. 

Have you tried to check in using both a browser and the phone app?  Sometimes one will work when the other doesn't.

I was believing the Celebrity site that said it will be easier and more efficient to use the app. So far I am not in agreement. And then there is my wife who is now in a state of continuous "I did it. Why can't you?"

• Haha 2

If she has checked in and selected a boarding time and your check in is partially completed give it a few days to see if the IT problem is resolved.  

There is no need to rush to check in, you will board with her and worse case you complete check in at the pier. 

If it makes you feel better I spent over an hour and a half on the phone with Captains Club today just to buy wifi and some OBC for our upcoming cruise because " they system keeps crashing".

37 minutes ago, iknbrgr said:

I was believing the Celebrity site that said it will be easier and more efficient to use the app.

IMO checking in ahead of time will save you about 1-2 minutes at embarkation. So yes, more efficient, but not worth driving yourself nuts over.

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

FWIW I prefer and always use the planner on my PC to check in. It just seems easier and more reliable to me versus the app.  I then use the app on board.

that's the best way to go.. and no need to fuss with uploading photos!

What I do is use the App and select CheckIn time only.    That is really they only thing you need.   After that you can come back at any time and complete or just go to the terminal and they will complete checkin for you.

You can also select the time in the web app but requires you to drill down while the app it is just a couple clicks.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

FWIW I prefer and always use the planner on my PC to check in. It just seems easier and more reliable to me versus the app.  I then use the app on board.

This is how my Wife and I check in, or actually how she does it.  🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG

Glad it worked.. You are Good to Go!

(We cannot use the Celeb App on our phones or tablets  They are.running  Android..., .and we don't being a laptop  with us anymore! 

my husb just does the minimal needed to  get our cruise docs, & our check in time

17 minutes ago, hcat said:

(We cannot use the Celeb App on our phones or tablets  They are.running  Android

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, but, the Celebrity App does work on my android phone.  I just make sure to keep the App updated via the Google Play store.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, hcat said:

(We cannot use the Celeb App on our phones or tablets  They are.running  Android..., .and we don't being a laptop  with us anymore! 

All of our devices have always only been Android and the app and planner work fine on them.  There is no issue with Android devices and those functions. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2