Cabin Service Once or twice per day????

I know both Royal and Carnival have gone from making up the room twice per day to only once.  I was wondering if anyone can let me know about this on the Escape?

We are looking at booking the Escape for the Caribbean next summer and have our son guy going with us that will make the 3rd in the cabin.  Wondering if his bed will be exposed all day because they only service the room once or not.  

By all means not a deal breaker or anything crazy just wondering??

Once a day is the deal now, except for Haven rooms. If you ask you can probably choose service in the morning and then make your own bed at night or have steward make up bed at night and change back to couch in the morning yourself.  Neither is a big deal but the second option I think is easier.

• Like 1

It was once a day on the Encore in May. Out cabin attendant also told us that she prioritizes the Platinum and above customers. We are Platinum so our cabin was always done fairly early in the day. 

On 8/11/2024 at 2:06 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

It depends on your stateroom category.

Nah. We were in the haven and got one service a day then turn down late if we wanted it.  But the turn down got skipped 3 out of the 7 days. 

Posted (edited)
On 8/11/2024 at 4:41 PM, HodgeNNicole said:

We are looking at booking the Escape for the Caribbean next summer and have our son guy going with us that will make the 3rd in the cabin.

17 minutes ago, HodgeNNicole said:

we are looking at a club balcony suite cabin.  Hoping that there is a bunk in the ceiling for him that we can just drop down at night for bed and then have the cabin made up in the morning.

You would need a stateroom that sleeps 4. 

Look on the deck plan. 

deck_legend_holds4.png = Sleeps 4

deck_legend_holds3.png = Sleeps 3

The booking engine online might not show any "sleeps 4" staterooms are available if you try with just 3 people but if you do a mock booking with 4 people, you can see what stateroom numbers are available. Once you know that, you can pick one of those and call NCL to request that particular stateroom. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 1

Thank you for confirming what I was thinking Two Wheels.  

I was guessing the cabins for 3 would just have a sofa that is made into a bed but the cabins for 4 would have the bunk in the ceiling.

Anyone have experience with the ease of just dropping it down when it is time for bed?  

Would I need a special key or anything?? 

3 hours ago, HodgeNNicole said:

we are looking at a club balcony suite cabin.  Hoping that there is a bunk in the ceiling for him that we can just drop down at night for bed and then have the cabin made up in the morning.

We were on Escape in Europe last month.  Can confirm morning service only.  As we sailed with twin teen girls, can also confirm upper and lower bunks were never stowed during the day…just remade.

10 hours ago, IAcruising said:

It's once a day, but a $20 bill might get you what you want. Bring on the "bribe" gang. 🙃

Doubt that even a $100 bill will get you what you want. Stewards have too many cabins to deal with special requests. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, HodgeNNicole said:

Thank you for confirming what I was thinking Two Wheels.  

I was guessing the cabins for 3 would just have a sofa that is made into a bed but the cabins for 4 would have the bunk in the ceiling.

Anyone have experience with the ease of just dropping it down when it is time for bed?  

Would I need a special key or anything?? 

You can’t do it yourself. With 3 in a cabin the 3rd bed, whether the couch or Pullman is going to be made up the entire voyage. 

14 hours ago, erisajd said:

Nah. We were in the haven and got one service a day then turn down late if we wanted it.  But the turn down got skipped 3 out of the 7 days. 

Odd as in June we received full twice a day service in the Haven every day same as always

On our last 15 day cruise, half the time we told our steward that there was no need to come in even once. We can use towels more than one day and don't need our bed made. They'e busy enough and I'm sure she appreciated the break.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, drew69 said:

Odd as in June we received full twice a day service in the Haven every day same as always

Not odd.  Haven continues to get twice a day service.  Club Balcony and below only once per day now.

24 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Not odd.  Haven continues to get twice a day service.  Club Balcony and below only once per day now.

Yes, I am aware of that.  What I was pointing out as odd is what I quoted in my post from the previous poster - see below.

It was their lack of service I was calling odd.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, drew69 said:

Yes, I am aware of that.  What I was pointing out as odd is what I quoted in my post from the previous poster - see below.

It was their lack of service I was calling odd.

You're correct!  So sorry I missed that.   

Very strange their turn down service was missed on 3 days.  We have had excellent room stewards on our Haven cruises.   It's like they know we might be good tippers🤔

We have just been on the Pearl and missed the turn down service, it was always nice to come back to your cabin, in the evening, with things freshened up, information sheet on the bed etc. As others have said not a deal breaker just another small luxury that has disappeared. What really annoyed us was some days not having our room done until 5.00pm. Not the steward's fault as he had so many rooms to do. I didn't complain on this cruise but will in future.

We were just off the Wonder of the Seas on Royal and we only had service in the AM.  We are early risers and every time we walked out of the cabin the steward saw us and asked if he could clean the room.  I think he liked the fact that we were out early as most people sleep in.  We. would get the cruise compass at night but norther service.  

I do miss coming back in the evening to a fresh cabin but also understand labor costs are going up and changes are only natural.

We will make it work for sure I was just wondering as we are new to NCL and excited for a change...

11 hours ago, HodgeNNicole said:

We were just off the Wonder of the Seas on Royal and we only had service in the AM.  We are early risers and every time we walked out of the cabin the steward saw us and asked if he could clean the room.  I think he liked the fact that we were out early as most people sleep in.  We. would get the cruise compass at night but norther service.  

I do miss coming back in the evening to a fresh cabin but also understand labor costs are going up and changes are only natural.

We will make it work for sure I was just wondering as we are new to NCL and excited for a change...

They've only reduced service but increase DSC every year.

• Haha 1

Just wanted to say I was very surprised (at myself!) to find that I really felt this downgrade on our last couple of cruises.  I'm generally low maintenance and assumed the change would mean nothing to me.  BUT I am very neat by nature and and it was a bit of a bummer to come back to a cabin with a bed still unmade in the afternoon.  I'm sure I can get over it . . . just sayin'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1