Pinnacle/zeniths ?

39august

2 hours ago, island lady said:

RCI came up with that....not the Pinnacles or the Zeniths...(or you) have control over that new program.  Their cruise ships...their rules. 

I get the distinct feeling we red headed adopted stepchildren really are not going to be made to feel welcome by some people… 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

I am sure most Pinnacles are not ‘campers’. The point I was trying to make is that if you do get a group who do this then it does impact the enjoyment of others.

I knew the group were all Pinnacles, not in suites because they told me and many others…Several were missing the cold of the Northern States and had booked several b2b cruises from mid January until mid February and good luck to them! They had secured good deals and with the Pinnacle benefits they were saying that this was their regular January/February plan. I was thrilled they were having a good time. I had no personal issue with them.

However, we had flown across the pond to get a bit of sunshine following a difficult time and had paid out a substantial sum for suite perks. At the time I had some mobility issues following surgery (on crutches).  Some nights we wished to enter the lounge for a drink prior to dining in Coastal Kitchen and it was frustrating that seats were really hard to come by. On several evenings one or other of the concierge staff would encourage us (and others) on entry to immediately sit in Coastal Kitchen as there was no seating available. On some nights we did this but it wasn’t our plan…We had boarded expecting to be able to enjoy a comfortable lounge space.

To reiterate, I have no issues with a group of Pinnacles enjoying their perks! What I do object to is a system that results in those of us who have paid $$$$ for a suite not being able to sit and relax in the suite lounge…

In our experience we have never had any issues on Celebrity with crowding in the suite lounge. I hope the measures Celebrity take in monitoring numbers secures this. I also hope that if Pinnacles are restricted access that Celebrity can ‘compensate’, as suggested in my post, by offering an alternative space.

Why can't Concierge designated area for Pinnacles in Suite lounge to avoid this kind of situation happens ?Just my 2 cents.

1 hour ago, little britain said:

I get the distinct feeling we red headed adopted stepchildren really are not going to be made to feel welcome by some people… 🤷‍♀️ 

I don’t think it as much ‘unwelcome’ as an acknowledgment that venues have a ceiling number of people they can comfortably seat. It will be as unpleasant a venue for Pinnacles as Suite guests if too many people are trying to sit down and order a drink.

1 hour ago, verizon said:

Why can't Concierge designated area for Pinnacles in Suite lounge to avoid this kind of situation happens ?Just my 2 cents.

If there is space in the suite lounge (as there often is) then there isn’t an issue. The snag arises when/if there are lots of Pinnacles on board who choose to spend a significant amount of time in the suite lounge…I can’t see why on these occasions they can’t use a cordoned off area of the sky lounge for x hours, like they did for the Elite and above cocktail events prior to getting drinks at any bar. You could provide canopies and perhaps the Captains Club Host could organise and act as concierge…In effect, before boarding a decision being made that either Pinnacles access the Suite Lounge or that Pinnacles have their own cocktail lounge set up in an alternative venue.

I don’t think there is anyone on these boards who ‘resents’ Pinnacles having access to the suite lounge they are simply concerned that if the situation isn’t monitored and managed the lounge will hit the point where it will be first come gets a seat! A lounge for suite guests and honoured loyal cruisers is no pleasure for anyone if too many people are trying to use it!

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, chemmo said:

I don’t think it as much ‘unwelcome’ as an acknowledgment that venues have a ceiling number of people they can comfortably seat. It will be as unpleasant a venue for Pinnacles as Suite guests if too many people are trying to sit down and order a drink.

If there is space in the suite lounge (as there often is) then there isn’t an issue. The snag arises when/if there are lots of Pinnacles on board who choose to spend a significant amount of time in the suite lounge…I can’t see why on these occasions they can’t use a cordoned off area of the sky lounge for x hours, like they did for the Elite and above cocktail events prior to getting drinks at any bar. You could provide canopies and perhaps the Captains Club Host could organise and act as concierge…In effect, before boarding a decision being made that either Pinnacles access the Suite Lounge or that Pinnacles have their own cocktail lounge set up in an alternative venue.

I don’t think there is anyone on these boards who ‘resents’ Pinnacles having access to the suite lounge they are simply concerned that if the situation isn’t monitored and managed the lounge will hit the point where it will be first come gets a seat! A lounge for suite guests and honoured loyal cruisers is no pleasure for anyone if too many people are trying to use it!

Unless I am misreading the C & A benefits Pinnacles access to Coastal Kitchen and the S/L is capacity dependent.    Would a Zenith with far less than  750   C& A points ever get in, doubtful. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, canderson said:

Rumor has it that our mug shots are distributed around the ship.  Just for fun, I'm going to try to visually confirm on this next cruise.

Our mug shots are tied to our Sea-Cards. Next time you order a coffee at Cafe El Bachio just watch the screen when they swipe your card. Your photo will appear.

Any of the ships staff that need to see a photo of a guest can do so.

Last time we were in a top end suite, cant remember if it was the EV or IC,It seemed that every time we walked into a venue I was handed a scotch without having to order it - We did see the DW's and my photo next to cash register with a list of items. It's nice to be recognized, but there are times when I just want a tea and not an adult beverage.

Cheers

I personally have no interest in going into a lounge for drinks - I have the ability to have drinks at any bar: as on RCI I have little interest in being in a lounge with the badge wearers  ( my name badge has never been taken out of the box let alone worn! ) whose sole conversation is “ how many points do you have”.  And yes, on many times the ship has had hundreds of Ps onboard so we have not made the cut to be allowed in to CK or the lounge. 

We actually had several X cruises already booked as we don’t like the direction RCI is heading in focussing on huge ships, short repetitive itineraries and families;  so when this match happened it was icing on the cake!  I am very surprised at the number of Ps who apparently have never stepped foot into an X ship though. 
I am embarrassed by some of the comments I have read about the behaviour and attitude of some of the Pinnacles onboard X ships. Perhaps it is these aforementioned first timers; I can assure you we aren’t all like that!  

Having read many comments on these boards, I do feel that some Zs resent our presence and inclusion: I am wary that on some cruises as the Z numbers are low, sitting at the table for the lunches could be somewhat frosty or awkward.  I hope I am proved wrong. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Joker54 said:

Our mug shots are tied to our Sea-Cards. Next time you order a coffee at Cafe El Bachio just watch the screen when they swipe your card. Your photo will appear.

Any of the ships staff that need to see a photo of a guest can do so.

Last time we were in a top end suite, cant remember if it was the EV or IC,It seemed that every time we walked into a venue I was handed a scotch without having to order it - We did see the DW's and my photo next to cash register with a list of items. It's nice to be recognized, but there are times when I just want a tea and not an adult beverage.

Cheers

Yes, I'm familiar with the fact that all passengers have their photo associated with their Seapass.  That assumes someone has your Seapass in hand and a computer to scan it.  Of course, if you have the card, you already have the name.

In the instance I mentioned, there was no exchange of cards and no computer involved.  It was instead more along the lines of your experience in your second paragraph, though no one tried to hand me a scotch at lunch! 😄

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, little britain said:

I am embarrassed by some of the comments I have read about the behaviour and attitude of some of the Pinnacles onboard X.  I can assure you we aren’t all like that!  

Having read many comments on these boards, I do feel that some Zs resent our presence and inclusion: I am wary that on some cruises as the Z numbers are low, sitting at the table for the lunches could be somewhat frosty or awkward.  I hope I am proved wrong. 

Thanks for posting.  And, I have met a lot of Zeniths that are very friendly.  😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have never a “points” discussion on Celebrity…I can see from this thread that is about to change,,sad really..

Celebrity is not Royal and vice versa..

40 minutes ago, Texed said:

Thanks for posting.  And, I have met a lot of Zeniths that are very friendly.  😊

Agree, and some Pinnacles as we've cruised with them a number of times. I guess it comes down to people are people, some friendly and some not so much. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, little britain said:

I personally have no interest in going into a lounge for drinks - I have the ability to have drinks at any bar: as on RCI I have little interest in being in a lounge with the badge wearers  ( my name badge has never been taken out of the box let alone worn! ) whose sole conversation is “ how many points do you have”.  And yes, on many times the ship has had hundreds of Ps onboard so we have not made the cut to be allowed in to CK or the lounge. 

We actually had several X cruises already booked as we don’t like the direction RCI is heading in focussing on huge ships, short repetitive itineraries and families;  so when this match happened it was icing on the cake!  I am very surprised at the number of Ps who apparently have never stepped foot into an X ship though. 
I am embarrassed by some of the comments I have read about the behaviour and attitude of some of the Pinnacles onboard X ships. Perhaps it is these aforementioned first timers; I can assure you we aren’t all like that!  

My experience with Pinnacles has been on RC ships. We are D+ as well as being E+. One of the differences we have noticed between the lines is how little loyalty level is discussed on Celebrity and how much on RC. I wonder if that is just our experience?

We have never been massive users of the suite lounge or Diamond lounge etc but it is nice to access some of the time. I am sure, like so many changes, we start of talking about possible negatives that may not materialise. 

I am sure you will be welcomed aboard for who you are not what you are…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, chemmo said:

My experience with Pinnacles has been on RC ships. We are D+ as well as being E+. One of the differences we have noticed between the lines is how little loyalty level is discussed on Celebrity and how much on RC. I wonder if that is just our experience?

We have never been massive users of the suite lounge or Diamond lounge etc but it is nice to access some of the time. I am sure, like so many changes, we start of talking about possible negatives that may not materialise. 

You’re not wrong! I’m sure it’s those stupid badges that does it! I have even heard that some Ps have asked for Z name badges on X!! Ffs 🤦‍♀️ 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, chemmo said:

It is not just you..

• Like 1

Most Zeniths don't wear pins. Some say with that they will wear the new pins at the Zenith Lunch and remove them at the conclusion of the lunch. The new pins will have the name as a part of the pin. 

3 minutes ago, Orator said:

Most Zeniths don't wear pins. Some say with that they will wear the new pins at the Zenith Lunch and remove them at the conclusion of the lunch. The new pins will have the name as a part of the pin. 

I heard the new pins only offer to those with 3000+ Celebrity points

5 minutes ago, verizon said:

3000 CC points is what it takes to make Zenith. Only Zenith members have pins. 

1 minute ago, verizon said:

The Pinnacles will be able  to get the as long as the supply lasts. But you are correct, Zeniths first and Pinnacles according to supply.

22 minutes ago, Orator said:

The Pinnacles will be able  to get the as long as the supply lasts. But you are correct, Zeniths first and Pinnacles according to supply.

Make more pins. 🙄

Posted (edited)

Must say, this onboard 'mine's bigger than yours' discussion is something I've never heard among Celebrity passengers.  The only time we've been made truly aware of anything like this is when our 'top cruiser' for a particular cruise was awarded during the CC get-together (I would imagine that Ma Bell could probably fill a flower shop with the number of 'top cruiser' bouquets she's garnered over the years with X!).  That was always a nice gesture by X.

You just never hear reference to 'number of points', or typically, even loyalty level on Celebrity.  Ditto on Silversea.

If this is a thing on RCCL ships, glad we've missed that experience. 

Edited by canderson
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

it has beem like that for many years!

Pushed by Royal C ...

On one Royal  C  cruise yrs ago,  on Radiance, west coast,  the roll call was fully absorbed with  posters' D status levels,  and who might be lucky enough to hear from the Upgrade Fairy ( no move up program back then).

This obsession continued at our pre criuse roll call dinner.. very boring topic by then..One man got the upgrade fairy call during dinner& went bananas!  We left early!

5 minutes ago, hcat said:

it has beem like that for many years!

Pushed by Royal C ...

On one Royal  C  cruise yrs ago,  on Radiance, west coast,  the roll call was fully absorbed with  posters' D status levels,  and who might be lucky enough to hear from the Upgrade Fairy ( no move up program back then).

This obsession continued at our pre criuse roll call dinner.. very boring topic by then..One man got the upgrade fairy call during dinner& went bananas!  We left early!

Doesn't surprise me and we've never attended a Roll Call gathering. Another reason I don't post pictures of us on Cruise Critic or even mention Cruise Critic while onboard.