No discount on wi fi plan pre cruise

mhlcanada

Tried to purchase the 1 device wifi plan pre cruise.  Price is $24.99/day.  I thought there used to be 20% off if you purchase prior to boarding.  Is that not the case anymore?  On their website, it says Platinum and Elite will get 50% off the cost but will receive it in the form of OBC. Looks like no discount for lower tier groups. Can anyone confirm?

3 hours ago, mhlcanada said:

Tried to purchase the 1 device wifi plan pre cruise.  Price is $24.99/day.  I thought there used to be 20% off if you purchase prior to boarding.  Is that not the case anymore?  On their website, it says Platinum and Elite will get 50% off the cost but will receive it in the form of OBC. Looks like no discount for lower tier groups. Can anyone confirm?

No, Princess doesn't discount pricing of items such as wifi or drinks packages or such pre-cruise. The price is the price.  It's $24.99 whether in advance or aboard.   

Other lines offer discounts if booked in advance, not Princess...

The only discount on WiFi is the Platinum/Elite 50% off.  Most people show it in their app prior, assuming their app/cruise personalizer shows proper status.

If it's not accurately reflecting the 50% off for you, you'll be refunded aboard in refundable OBC.

Or, just wait any buy aboard at the CC discount.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dog said:

On my app- it shows I am elite . Price is 50% off and it charges my credit card now.

Same here.  Every time we have taken advantage of the Platinum/Elite discount we have only paid the discounted price.    

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ldubs said:

Same here.  Every time we have taken advantage of the Platinum/Elite discount we have only paid the discounted price.    

When I make platinum next year, will the 50% off be the same if paid on board as paying in advance?

• Like 1

@mhlcanada, when Princess first introduced Medallion Net internet, they did offer a discount IF you purchased pre-cruise but No longer, it has been quite a while regarding this change.

@EllieinNJ, currently the rate is the same buying pre-cruise or on board for all levels, meaning it is $24.99/day for the entire voyage rate and if you are entitled to a discount you will receive pre cruise if the APP has your tier correct, else get the difference as on board credit. On board your rate will be reduced by your platinum or elite discount.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, reedprincess said:

No, Princess doesn't discount pricing of items such as wifi or drinks packages or such pre-cruise. The price is the price.  It's $24.99 whether in advance or aboard.   

Other lines offer discounts if booked in advance, not Princess...

The only discount on WiFi is the Platinum/Elite 50% off.  Most people show it in their app prior, assuming their app/cruise personalizer shows proper status.

If it's not accurately reflecting the 50% off for you, you'll be refunded aboard in refundable OBC.

Or, just wait any buy aboard at the CC discount.  

What is the CC discount?

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, mhlcanada said:

So were you able to book your Wi-Fi? You said you tried, but I wonder what that means? Or did you decide a cruise package is better for you? Or are you waiting til you get onboard?

I am always curious what the solution is once someone posts a new thread.

2-3 drinks per person per day (assuming 2 of you in cabin) to break even ($18.00 approximately per person/ day) as others have said with the plus package?
So a special coffee($4) a glass of wine,($11), a cocktail($11), a bottle of water, ($2.50) , a soda,($2.50) a mocktail, etc.

Prices are approximate +18% per drink if no package,18% bundled into package.

Edited by arizonaperson

8 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

When I make platinum next year, will the 50% off be the same if paid on board as paying in advance?

I'm not the one normally buying the internet but yes, I think that is the case.  

By the way, on some cruises, we are a group of three (or more).  Purchasing the 4 device plan is less expensive per device than buying multiple single device plans.   The person using the additional device does not need to have Platinum/Elite status. 

Additionally, you can use a single device plan on more than one device, just not at the same time.  Again, the person you share with need not be Platinum/Elite.   

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

So were you able to book your Wi-Fi? You said you tried, but I wonder what that means? Or did you decide a cruise package is better for you? Or are you waiting til you get onboard?

I am always curious what the solution is once someone posts a new thread.

2-3 drinks per person per day (assuming 2 of you in cabin) to break even ($18.00 approximately per person/ day) as others have said with the plus package?
So a special coffee($4) a glass of wine,($11), a cocktail($11), a bottle of water, ($2.50) , a soda,($2.50) a mocktail, etc.

Prices are approximate +18% per drink if no package,18% bundled into package.

I should have been clearer. What I meant by ‘tried’ is that I was proceeding to purchase the internet plan, thinking it would be discounted pre cruise, but the full price of $24.99 came up so I ended up not purchasing it. I now understand that the discount is only for elite and platinum status which I do not have. I also do not need the drink package. I will just purchase the plan at regular price now. Princess did offer a discount for pre cruise purchase before when I sailed with them in 2019.  Thanks everyone for your help and clarification in this matter.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, mhlcanada said:

I should have been clearer. What I meant by ‘tried’ is that I was proceeding to purchase the internet plan, thinking it would be discounted pre cruise, but the full price of $24.99 came up so I ended up not purchasing it. I now understand that the discount is only for elite and platinum status which I do not have. I also do not need the drink package. I will just purchase the plan at regular price now. Princess did offer a discount for pre cruise purchase before when I sailed with them in 2019.  Thanks everyone for your help and clarification in this matter.

The only reason to wait is if you have a significant amount of onboard credit which would cover at least part of the WI-FI cost.

• Like 1