Oasis of the Seas Chef's Table 15th Wedding Anniversary reservation refused

19 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

Sounds like you were accommodated in a "sit down" restaurant called Coastal Kitchen.

Btw it is not and has never been a Concierge Lounge it is a "Suite Lounge"  also fyi it is called Suite Class,  which I'm sure all the welcome papers in your cabin refered to.

We made our way there on our own as previously stated.

3 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I hope you did not tip this bird.  

The ONLY tips I asked to be removed were for the main dining room staff, as we never went. I never received confirmation from Francis these were actually removed. We raised the tips for most everyone except Francis and his partner

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

Because they were looking for a place to eat, since they were booted from Chef's Table, they missed their MTD seating time, and "no one" could find them another restaurant to eat at.

I think it’s more appropriate to say neither the staff at Chef’s Table nor Francis were willing to assist in finding someplace else to eat. I’m sure another restaurant oils have squeezed us in, but they don’t even attempt to find something. As noted above, we found someplace ourselves.

4 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Because they were looking for a place to eat, since they were booted from Chef's Table, they missed their MTD seating time, and "no one" could find them another restaurant to eat at.

That would have been the biggest let down.

I am wondering why the 5th person did not step back and let the other 4 enjoy the anniversary meal ?

If I were the last minute addition, I would have told my friends to enjoy and I would catch up with them later 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, CGinMTL said:

I am wondering why the 5th person did not step back and let the other 4 enjoy the anniversary meal ?

If I were the last minute addition, I would have told my friends to enjoy and I would catch up with them later 

+1

25 minutes ago, CGinMTL said:

Yep, this exactly 

I can't believe some of these comments.  They are a party of 5 and probably related. I guess no longer is the 3 Musketeers expression "One for all and all for one", apply.😞

• Like 4

I think service has just declined. I've had enough issues in the last few years to believe this. Now I go into the whole food thing with royal expecting not to be treated like this is some 5 star experience. You just cant expect it in this day and age. I'm surprised at myself booking more pay restaurants but it helps my cruise experience. Not all of those have been up to lar either, I just shrug and go on. Its food. Dont eat there again for a while. Didnt like chops havent eaten there since. Some day I'll be back. There are other choices. Got Hooked and Giovanni booked for upcoming cruises. Just for something different. 

I think you gotta take this in stride and yes it wasnt a good experience and sorry it was also your anniversary, but move on. Service isnt what it used to be. If you want more upscale royal probably isnt the right choice for you. 

• Like 1

I'm confused, in a case like this, can't you simply go to the MDR and ask to be accommodated?

And no offense intended, but wouldn't it be a little awkward to celebrate your anniversary with eight strangers, and likewise for the eight strangers who are there for the Chef's Table experience and not someone else's celebration?

• Like 2

First thing you should have done in my opinion is request to speak to the head waiter and if not resolved, go to guest services and ask to speak to the HD straight away. Unfortunately we have had do do this once and we spoke to the HD within a very reasonable time and everything was sorted. Yes things can go wrong but you should be able to have it resolved. By just moving along and going somewhere else to eat has been the opportunity to let it pass. Am sure if you had gone to guest services the HD would have sorted a table there and then and also compensated you by another means. 

I feel bad for the OP but when making changes always go in person to double check.

Sounds like the Chef's Table is not so accommodating nor special if this is how they treat people.

Again, the 5th person should have backed off.  then again, I would never book the Chef's table to anniversary celebration

On 8/17/2024 at 12:50 PM, AC Stew said:

Not intentionally attacking anybody, just raising a question. Because, I've never experienced, or witnessed, or even heard about this level of ongoing poor treatment from Royal or any other Cruiseline. Of course, I've encountered the odd problem, almost always resolved to my satisfaction. Maybe I've just been lucky for the over 30 years I've cruised. Maybe it's about the manner in which some of us complain. Sure, nothing in this world is like it used to be, but if the situation played out exactly as described, then that's an unprecedented new low in customer service. 

Bingo! Mistakes happen but your first response sets the tone for resolution.

• Like 2

On 8/19/2024 at 12:57 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

It has nothing to do with being suspicious. It has everything to do with being old enough to know there are two sides to every story. 

Actually there are three- Your side, their side and the truth.

OP it sounds terrible to me and I'm sorry you went through that.

On 8/18/2024 at 11:51 AM, nelblu said:

Why are some folks on this board so suspicious. 🤨 

I've seen passengers being demanding, entitled, and complaining about crew without justification far, far, far more often than I've seen crew not making any attempt to be helpful.
There are two possibilities: either two crew who's past customer service has been good enough to get them promoted to concierge for suites & maitre de of a specialty restaurant, working in entirely separate departments, picked the same day and the same person to be completely unreasonable and unhelpful to for no reason; OR someone is twisting the story to make themselves look as good as possible. Thinking the latter is far more likely isn't being suspicious, it's just common sense.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Tolkmit said:

I've seen passengers being demanding, entitled, and complaining about crew without justification far, far, far more often than I've seen crew not making any attempt to be helpful.
There are two possibilities: either two crew who's past customer service has been good enough to get them promoted to concierge for suites & maitre de of a specialty restaurant, working in entirely separate departments, picked the same day and the same person to be completely unreasonable and unhelpful to for no reason; OR someone is twisting the story to make themselves look as good as possible. Thinking the latter is far more likely isn't being suspicious, it's just common sense.

Have to give the Op the benefit of doubt as I’ve had some similar experience.

For instance on my Easter Anthem sail I stopped at a specialty restaurant to utilize my bogo. Lo and behold no reservation in my planner. Went to Chops and had to get another night. 
Im on Utopia now and went to Chops when we boarded to make rede for tonite.  Looked at my planned and it does not show up. Have to follow up this AM. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KatnipKris said:

Just wondering if he was very late going to dinner at the Chef’s Table. Obviously the last to arrive but maybe the dinner experience had already started.

Should it matter?  The OP paid for 5 seats, there should have been 5 seats, regardless of what time he arrived. There isn't a stand by line for Chef's Table

• Like 1

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Should it matter?  The OP paid for 5 seats, there should have been 5 seats, regardless of what time he arrived. There isn't a stand by line for Chef's Table

Yes, it matters. If you make a time specific reservation, then don't show up on time, releasing that reservation is a standard business practice.

7 hours ago, nelblu said:

Have to give the Op the benefit of doubt as I’ve had some similar experience.

For instance on my Easter Anthem sail I stopped at a specialty restaurant to utilize my bogo. Lo and behold no reservation in my planner. Went to Chops and had to get another night. 
Im on Utopia now and went to Chops when we boarded to make rede for tonite.  Looked at my planned and it does not show up. Have to follow up this AM. 

This is a reason to believe that Royal's reservation system screwed up. The OP is suggesting that Royal's system screwed up (believable); AND that the maitre de then blamed it on the OP, loudly causing a scene and completely refusing to be helpful (possible but unlikely) AND that the concierge then did the same thing (stretching incredulity.) Royal wants your money. Royal employees want to get good reviews. The idea that two completely separate people suddenly didn't care about either of these things, with absolutely no precipitating action or attitude from the OP, just isn't plausible.

6 hours ago, KatnipKris said:

Just wondering if he was very late going to dinner at the Chef’s Table. Obviously the last to arrive but maybe the dinner experience had already started.

No, we were early, but were the last party to arrive. It didn’t appear they had even begun to serve drinks yet to anyone and another party was sitting down as we walked to the table.

Royal Caribbean’s executive office, while acknowledging the mistake and offering an apology, refuses to follow up in writing to explain how it happened. Their only option was to discuss on a phone call that I can’t legally record. I can understand they don’t want anything on record. I’m still debating if I should release the audio recordings made of the discussion with the staff, after it went south, and with Francis. Royal Caribbean was made aware of them but didn’t want a copy.

I won’t be commenting further due to the negative comments. Mods, if you wish to close this thread, please feel free to.

1 hour ago, flfamilycruiser said:

I’m still debating if I should release the audio recordings made of the discussion with the staff, after it went south, and with Francis.

Most reports indicate that RCI is more amenable to fix things via social media than individual calls/messages. 

• Thanks 1