Questions regarding Princess Plus.

laurmac

While we are seasoned cruises, we are looking at booking our first cruise in the era of Princess Plus, and are trying to determine if it makes sense for us. I have a few questions to help us decide - please add a link you may help if thats easier.

What are casual dining meals?

How much is a typical drink - like a rum and coke

How much is wifi per day. Both of us would need it.

How much is crew appreciation per day

Thanks for your help

Wow, there's so many threads on this, too many to give you links to, but do a search if you want to dig further.

Casual dining venues depend on which ship you are on, but it's generally Gigi's, sushi place, and O'Malley's.

Typical alcoholic drink is around $10-$12.  If you drink more than two or three a day, buy the Princess Plus as it's a value buy....and you also get prepaid gratuities as well as WiFi, and limitless specialty coffees, mocktails, and soft drinks..  Stop reading anything else. Get it.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, laurmac said:

While we are seasoned cruises, we are looking at booking our first cruise in the era of Princess Plus, and are trying to determine if it makes sense for us. I have a few questions to help us decide - please add a link you may help if thats easier.

What are casual dining meals? places like Alfredo's (depends on the ship)

How much is wifi per day. Both of us would need it. If Elite it's 1/2 price. If you both want to be online at the same time, just share one account.

How much is crew appreciation per day depends on the cabin category.

Thanks for your help

Lots of threads about this...but see above.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ordinary drinks are around $12. So if you will always have 4 drinks a day then WiFi and CA should put you over the amount you would need to be good. Even 3 might do it

• Like 1

What are casual dining meals?

These depend on the ship. They are 3 course meals. Some good some just OK. Alfredo's is probably the best, but not on all ships. Most only open in the evening, but some are open for lunch.

In the $10 to $12 range without high top shelf spirits. 

How much is wifi per day. Both of us would need it.

$24.99/pp/day. If the person is platinum or elite loyalty level then the cost is $`12.50/pp/day. There are some 4 device plans. 

How much is crew appreciation per day

$16/pp/day, $17/pp/day if you are in a mini suite, $18/pp/day if you are in a full suite.

For me it takes around three alcoholic beverages per day to break even. 

skynight & Memoak, my spreadsheet is telling me that 3 drinks breaks even as well! Thanks for your input.

I think I get it now, casual dining is a lesser restaurant than say, the steakhouse. 

My search indicates that the drink package also includes specialty coffees, which is nice. Question, is there a drink limit per day, and do the smoothies, specialty coffees count in that limit. Thanks for all the quick responses. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, laurmac said:

What are casual dining meals?- 3 course meals , varies ship to ship .some ships have hardly any venues and some have quite a few. If you don’t have the plus or premier cruise package and you want to dine in there it’s $14.99 for all three courses per person or there is ala carte.

How much is a typical drink - like a rum and coke$10.( maybe less for this drink)+18% service charge for each drink. Profcruise has lots of drink price menus.

How much is wifi per day. Both of us would need it.-$24.99 per day per length of voyage ,no proration/ partial package ,except a 24 hr. Wi-Fi “package”.For 1 device at a time. So if you and your husband only want the standard cruise fare and you can share the Wi-Fi and not be on at the same time then that would be doable. You can switch back-and-forth from devices.

How much is crew appreciation per day- depends on your cabin choice $16-$18./ day per person for length of voyage.

Thanks for your help

Yes lots of threads on this. Google for more information or Princess.com.

Specialty dining like Crown Grill aka steakhouse is $39 cover charge

Edited by arizonaperson

I kept a spreadsheet of my expenses to see if Plus was a good buy. It was. I ended up spending $600 for Plus for my 10-day cruise. Gratuities would have been $160. I get the half-price internet, so I would have paid $124.95 for it. That left $31.50 per day to make up in drinks. The least in one day I had would have added up to around $48. The most in one day added up to around $98. That was seven alcoholic drinks and a couple of Perriers. I've never made it past seven alcoholic drinks in one day when I've had Plus. That works out to a glass of wine or beer with lunch, a mid-afternoon drink with friends at trivia, a drink at the evening cocktail event, a drink with friends before dinner, a couple of glasses of wine at dinner, and an after-dinner drink with friends. 

• Like 4