Elite Plus Happy Hour Question

teacherman

We are looking to book a family cruise along with our children and grandchildren.  We have been doing these on RCCL (we are Diamond +), but the grandchildren are getting older and I think they would enjoy Celebrity.  On RCCL, DW and I are each allowed 5 drinks per day, that we can use anytime.  We also can take everyone to a lounge and use them to get each person a drink.  We also can use 1 drink "coupon" to get half-off on a bottle of wine.

Having not been on Celebrity in a while, I am asking what we would be able to do with our "free" drinks each day.  All information/suggestions are welcome.

Thank you and safe travels to all.

This was my first attempt at anything like this, lol.  I hope this helps.

Unfortunately, the HH is only 5-7 and not valid in restaurants.  Also, not valid first evening.

I do not believe sharing is allowed.

6 minutes ago, teacherman said:

We are looking to book a family cruise along with our children and grandchildren.  We have been doing these on RCCL (we are Diamond +), but the grandchildren are getting older and I think they would enjoy Celebrity.  On RCCL, DW and I are each allowed 5 drinks per day, that we can use anytime.  We also can take everyone to a lounge and use them to get each person a drink.  We also can use 1 drink "coupon" to get half-off on a bottle of wine.

Having not been on Celebrity in a while, I am asking what we would be able to do with our "free" drinks each day.  All information/suggestions are welcome.

Thank you and safe travels to all.

Totally different system - you csnt don any of the things you suggest.

• Like 1

I am not "suggesting", but just asking how it works on Celebrity.  So, it is only from 5 to 7, not available on the first evening, and I think I can use it in certain places only.  And I cannot share my drinks with other people.  That is what I wanted to know.  So, thank you to all who responded.

12 minutes ago, teacherman said:

I am not "suggesting", but just asking how it works on Celebrity.  So, it is only from 5 to 7, not available on the first evening, and I think I can use it in certain places only.  And I cannot share my drinks with other people.  That is what I wanted to know.  So, thank you to all who responded.

I think they recently changed it and the first night is now available.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, teacherman said:

It is  5-7 every evening now.   A few bars are excluded, but most are included.  The dining rooms are excluded, however you can get a glass of wine or cocktail and carry it to dinner with you.  You are correct no sharing. 
If any members of you party are Diamond on Royal they will receive Elite benefits on Celebrity which includes the daily 5-7 Elite and above Cocktail hour.

Edited by jelayne
Typo

33 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

This is good to know.  Thank you for the update.

There are no coupons or booklets on Celebrity.  You must show your card to get a drink.  On some ships, you need to show your card to get access to the area serving drinks.  No sharing.

1 hour ago, teacherman said:

We also can take everyone to a lounge and use them to get each person a drink.

No you can't and if you did that was an exception on your cruise. The Crown Lounge (old Diamond Lounge) is only for Diamond, Diamond+ and Pinnacle. We have seen the CL (DL) concierge check Seapass cards and deny those that were not D,D+ or P. As it should be! You are allowed to give your CAS drinks to whoever you want, at any other bar/lounge. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, teacherman said:

Recent posters are correct.  It is now availability on the first evening.  This is a very recent change.

Edited by cruisestitch

19 minutes ago, doghog said:

No you can't and if you did that was an exception on your cruise.

I think he was using "lounge" in the generic term not speaking of the Diamond / Crown Lounge.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I think he was using "lounge" in the generic term not speaking of the Diamond / Crown Lounge.  

Agree "a lounge" would suggest that. Good catch. 

17 hours ago, doghog said:

No you can't and if you did that was an exception on your cruise. The Crown Lounge (old Diamond Lounge) is only for Diamond, Diamond+ and Pinnacle. We have seen the CL (DL) concierge check Seapass cards and deny those that were not D,D+ or P. As it should be! You are allowed to give your CAS drinks to whoever you want, at any other bar/lounge. 

woudn't  the server check your Card and limit passing off drinks to others, which is against the no sharing rule?