The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday August 20th, 2024

richwmn

49 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning.

I haven’t been a fan of HAL for a while, at one time it was our favorite cruise line but I believe the company has lost its way.

Yesterday in another thread someone questioned why I continue to post on the Daily Report, maybe they thought I was a hypocrite so this will be my last post on the Daily, it was fun and I really enjoyed interacting with all of you. 
Have a great day, stay well and safe.

Please reconsider. I enjoy reading about your golf game and trips to the diner on Saturday. I would pay NO attention to that other person. 

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning.

I haven’t been a fan of HAL for a while, at one time it was our favorite cruise line but I believe the company has lost its way.

Yesterday in another thread someone questioned why I continue to post on the Daily Report, maybe they thought I was a hypocrite so this will be my last post on the Daily, it was fun and I really enjoyed interacting with all of you. 

I have not sailed on HAL so i don't post on their threads because I don't have first hand experience to offer but I do post on the Daily because it is a friendly interesting thread and everyone makes me welcome whether i have sailed HAL or not.

The person who starts the thread in this case Rich @richwmn is the only person who if he asked me not to post because i had not sailed HAL i would listen to.

@MISTER 67 you are highly respected on here and all of the main contributers on here respect and like you so listen to us and ignore nasty people.

Your dailyite friend.

Graham.

• Like 40
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I've been to Dunedin/Port Chalmers twice, both times on Crystal, and both times I've met up with @erewhon.  In 2018 it was the Crystal Symphony enroute from Sydney to Miami.  I walked around Port Chalmers a little bit before the meeting.  One thing I enjoyed was the interior of Trinity Church.

trinity2.jpg

Once we met they became my guests on the Symphony, having lunch in the Trident Grill, Crystal's equivalent of Dive-In.  DW does not like having her photo published but here are me and DH at the table as we waited for delivery of our sandwiches:

lunch0223.jpg

After lunch they took me into Dunedin and one of the highlights then was the train station that @StLouisCruisers has shown us.

In 2020 Dunedin was our final port of call in New Zealand (come to think of it perhaps my last Crystal port of call until 2023 since Hobart was cancelled due to storms, and I disembarked in Sydney just before all hell broke loose.  This time I was taken to a brunch at a place near their residence called Luna, overlooking the harbor:

lunaview.jpg

I enjoyed a very nice brunch:

brunch2.JPG.8f7f4c5de07b7ed9b1ee2a6a361f6ff1.JPG

brunch1.JPG.c386805eebe4c45afeaef8361d8d52da.JPG

After brunch we did a bit of shopping.  I had broken a shoe lace having difficulty finding them in New Zealand.  I was taken promptly the right display for the perfect pair of laces that I am still using.

On the way back we stopped at Signal Hill where there was a monument to New Zealand's Centennial

signal2.JPG.5cebb41ac493fe00766ef8d6d81d67c4.JPG

and a terrific view:

signal1.JPG.6926fea83de36d93a8bb8a796ba37020.JPG

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 34
  • Thanks 9

Good morning, everyone!

Wow, it is chilly out this morning.  It got down to 50F and the house is at 63 right now.  Sweater weather this morning!  We are expecting sunshine and a high of 71F, so it will be on the cool side most of the day.  I have yoga this morning and then the day is free for trying on clothes and deciding what I am taking with me on this cruise.  Yesterday I tried on a pair of white jeans that I had bought two years ago.  When I bought them they were too snug and I couldn't get them buttoned and zipped.  They fit just fine now!  They are in the suitcase!  

@kazu Congratulations on getting the price you wanted along with easily met conditions.  We are all pulling for you!  I hope the vascular surgeon has good advice for you.

@MISTER 67 I echo what the others have said.  

@NextOne  Healing thoughts are sent your way for today's surgery.  Here's hoping the medical team is at the top today.

@Seasick Sailor  Keeping Bonnie close to our hearts today as she undergoes surgery.  Hugs to you, too, as we know you are sitting on pins and needles.  

What is a carrot dog and what is Chicago style?  Easy answers to both.  

Chicago-style hot dog, Chicago Dog, or Chicago Red Hot is an all-beef frankfurter on a poppy seed bun, originating from the city of Chicago, Illinois. The hot dog is topped with yellow mustard, chopped white onions, bright green sweet pickle relish, a dill pickle spear, tomato slices or wedges, pickled sport peppers (a variety of Capsicum annuum), and a dash of celery salt. The complete assembly of a Chicago hot dog is said to be "dragged through the garden" due to the many toppings. The method for cooking the hot dog itself varies depending on the vendor's preference. Most often they are steamed, water-simmered, or less often grilled over charcoal.

The canonical recipe does not include ketchup, and there is a widely shared, strong opinion among many Chicagoans and aficionados that ketchup is unacceptable.  A number of Chicago hot dog vendors do not offer ketchup as a condiment.

A carrot dog is simply a carrot substituted for the hot dog.  Which kind of takes it out the definition of Chicago Style since it isn't an all beef frankfurter.  Oh, well.  For the carrot lovers among us, here's the first recipe:  Chicago Style Carrot Dogs

carrotdogs1.png.93fdfd50edd023b721c48a5d255add8e.png

In this recipe the carrots are first boiled, then marinated to give them flavor.  Carrot Dogs Chicago Style

carrotdogs2.jpg.c213c33d240eb52f3cd68816ca28203f.jpg

The marinade for these carrot dogs is different.  The carrots are marinated for at least 8 hours, overnight is better.  Then they are grilled.  Marinated Carrot Dogs Chicago Style

carrotdogs3.thumb.png.295435cc4bae7d9f361fa70939f4ae3d.png

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 20

Posted (edited)

Thank you for today’s FR&D, Rich! Another beautiful morning. The moon was spectacular in the Western sky. And already a hint of a breeze. Yesterday’s strong breeze really helped manage the humidity. And the evening T-storms helped, too.

World Mosquito Day! Really, Rich? Next it will be No See’em Day. I am sure they are demanding equal time. 

Vanessa, thank you for answering my question. I am sorry the maneuver does not help more consistently. Maybe in time it will eliminate the dizziness. I pray it does. Thank you for keeping up with all of us!

Gym, Bindi walks, chores, another “hour” of weeding out my stuff - I could not believe how many cords I had in my office bin. Probably the charging cord to every phone or device I ever owned was in it. 😜 If weather permits some outdoor chores and maybe some pool time. 

IMG_3306.jpeg.2b7a9b125ef83413cdc917678fc7ec4b.jpeg

IMG_3220.jpeg.a73ffd0da3b04adc1b179baa331a7f8c.jpeg

IMG_3196.jpeg.f14fb6684fb222fbbe1ffa858180339d.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Praying that Bonnie’s surgery and recovery go smoothly and are uneventful.  Praying that Tana’s feistiness continues. Sometimes attitude can conquer many obstacles. Terry so happy you had a chance to relax. Prayers for Melisa, Pat & Ann, @NextOne, Annie & Chuck, Tony, Terri & Jim, and all our caregivers. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Penfolds RWT Shiraz 2019 Bin 798

This Australian Shiraz has a great many fans. I used the 2019 Bin 798 info, just because I loved some of the words in the description. I found one place with a huge price discount, but their site did not tell you what vintage it was. It is easy to find.  Online prices (with vintage info) start at

$129.97.

Winemaker notes

2019 RWT BIN 798 SHIRAZ

The initials RWT stand for ‘Red Winemaking Trial’, the name given to the project internally when developmental work began in 1995. Naturally, now no longer a ‘trial’, RWT Shiraz was launched in May 2000 with the 1997 vintage. The alphanumeric Bin designation 798 was bestowed upon the wine from the 2016 vintage. Its style is opulent and fleshy, contrasting with Grange, which is more muscular and assertive. RWT is made from fruit primarily selected for its aromatic qualities and plush texture. The result is a wine that helps to redefine Barossa shiraz at the highest quality level. RWT wines area built for the long haul, with the precision, concentration and balance to age for many years.

AWARDS

98 - Erin Larkin, The Wine Advocate

98 - Nick Stock, Jamessuckling.com

95 - Lisa Perrotti-Brown

RWT’S ASPIRED BALANCE AND RESTRAINT TUSSLES WITH INNATE BAROSSA POWER AND DARKNESS.

– Peter Gago, Penfolds Chief Winemaker

Dark fruits affording viscosity and concentration.

Quince noted … and a little more (fig/cheese + balsamic?).

Vietnamese mint and anise indulge an admirable palate “cooling effect”/lift. Dusty tannins fused with cocoa chocolate dust.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 16
  • Haha 5

I have a sunset rather than a sunrise today.  It's from a 2017 Blount New England Islands cruise.  On August 20 Grande Caribe visited Block Island, Rhode Island:

dusk0820.jpg

Roy

• Like 39
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning.

What! You stay right here! The Daily welcomes ALL cruise lovers. Heck. We welcome anyone who is nice! 

The nerve. I have a few other words, but I would be banned from CC, if I used them. 

• Like 40
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 34

Good morning everyone.   Thanks for the Daily Rich.  Accessibility for airplane travelers is important.  Has anyone flown out of Fort Lauderdale on a Saturday?   Thanks for the definitions Graham. Now we understand the reason for mosquito day.  A funny quote by George Carlin, we were fortunate to see him once in Vegas.  Totally pass on the carrot hot dog.  Today's cocktail looks like a good one while on a BHB.  I like Penfolds Shiraz and it is pretty easy to find.  Thanks for the photos of Dunedin Sandi.  We are heading there in winter 2026.   

Thanks for the cares and celebrations reports Vanessa.  Prayers for @NextOneand Bonnie.   Prayers for Tana and Terry, Annie and Chuck, Sandi's DB and her DS who is recovering from surgery, Jim and Terri, @doobieb DHand everyone else who are ailing or grieving.  Prayers for the families of the six hostages who died as captives.  Jacqui, congratulations on your upcoming home sale, I am glad you got what you thought it was worth and you don't have to do too many requests from the buyer.  Prayers for all in war zones, Ukraine, the remaining hostages and the Innocents in Gaza.   

It is 42 degrees right now but will get up to 70.  Our JD lawn tractor acted up yesterday and John has determined it is probably the head gasket.   Now where to get the part?  Of course John fertilized the lawn then we had three days of rain.  I continued sanding the cabin yesterday and hopefully will wrap up today.  Staining next.  Have a great Tuesday.  Nancy 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

@MISTER 67  Come on back!!!  I've never cruised HAL...  But once I was invited here, and once I began posting, I feel at home and who cares what others say!!  Do what YOU want to do!!  If that's to stop posting...  great.  But, if you like this group, keep coming back and just ignore those comments to the contrary!!!

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon and thank you for today's reports.

3 important days.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all have a good day.

Screenshot_20240820_120013.jpg

Screenshot_20240820_120630.jpg

I do love hearing and learning the reasons and explanations behinds these days!!

Here, we stay alert to mosquito bites for West Nile Virus.  Not so much, malaria!!!  
But I grew up with a Daddy who had malaria and I can remember two times he had recurring attacks through his life!  He was stationed on Guadalcanal and the Pacific in WWII where he first got the disease.  

It's important to NOT BE BIT!!!  Take precautions from mosquitos!!!
It's something that stays with you and comes back to visit, many times, throughout your life!!!

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Good morning. First things first. @kazu congratulations on the many offers. @TiogaCruiser Laura a hearty Bon Voyage! 
I received some good news yesterday from my lawn service. They are fitting me into a new schedule so I don’t have to find a new service. That’s a relief as they are the best lawn service we have ever had.

Can’t put packing off anymore. Tomorrow’s flight is at 06:00. Hour layover in Atlanta and a 4,5 hour layover in Detroit before final leg to Traverse City. Going to be a long day.

We were in Port Chalmers earlier this year and wanted to do the train but it was not running on the day we were there. Maybe next time.

Do enjoy the day and thank you for the featured reports and all of the post.

Again @MISTER 67 Hope to see you back here soon. Bruce

image.jpeg.6b9eb02ccc89c7aacf809a806eaa6ff7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3a29bc95658233359954ad8f7b937424.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a978a8121f193d46546b37dc127dcfa8.jpegimage.jpeg.bc598788994bf8454c6d21794c71c0ba.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 12

39 minutes ago, kazu said:

there are several people who post here who have never sailed HAL.  You have - just because younno longer do so is no reason to leave.  Don’t let someone else’s post on ANOTHER thread affect or upset you, please.

Very well said.

As someone who has never sailed HAL but I promise we will in the future because of the love given to me on here by all of the Dailyites.

The Daily has become an important part of my posting on cruise critic and I agree with you no nice person should be put off posting on here like everyone including Rich @richwmn said.

Best wishes on the conclusion of your house sale and your hospital appointment.

• Like 28

17 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

Wow, it is chilly out this morning.  It got down to 50F and the house is at 63 right now.  Sweater weather this morning!  We are expecting sunshine and a high of 71F, so it will be on the cool side most of the day.  I have yoga this morning and then the day is free for trying on clothes and deciding what I am taking with me on this cruise.  Yesterday I tried on a pair of white jeans that I had bought two years ago.  When I bought them they were too snug and I couldn't get them buttoned and zipped.  They fit just fine now!  They are in the suitcase!  

@kazu Congratulations on getting the price you wanted along with easily met conditions.  We are all pulling for you!  I hope the vascular surgeon has good advice for you.

@MISTER 67 I echo what the others have said.  

@NextOne  Healing thoughts are sent your way for today's surgery.  Here's hoping the medical team is at the top today.

@Seasick Sailor  Keeping Bonnie close to our hearts today as she undergoes surgery.  Hugs to you, too, as we know you are sitting on pins and needles.  

What is a carrot dog and what is Chicago style?  Easy answers to both.  

Chicago-style hot dog, Chicago Dog, or Chicago Red Hot is an all-beef frankfurter on a poppy seed bun, originating from the city of Chicago, Illinois. The hot dog is topped with yellow mustard, chopped white onions, bright green sweet pickle relish, a dill pickle spear, tomato slices or wedges, pickled sport peppers (a variety of Capsicum annuum), and a dash of celery salt. The complete assembly of a Chicago hot dog is said to be "dragged through the garden" due to the many toppings. The method for cooking the hot dog itself varies depending on the vendor's preference. Most often they are steamed, water-simmered, or less often grilled over charcoal.

The canonical recipe does not include ketchup, and there is a widely shared, strong opinion among many Chicagoans and aficionados that ketchup is unacceptable.  A number of Chicago hot dog vendors do not offer ketchup as a condiment.

A carrot dog is simply a carrot substituted for the hot dog.  Which kind of takes it out the definition of Chicago Style since it isn't an all beef frankfurter.  Oh, well.  For the carrot lovers among us, here's the first recipe:  Chicago Style Carrot Dogs

carrotdogs1.png.93fdfd50edd023b721c48a5d255add8e.png

In this recipe the carrots are first boiled, then marinated to give them flavor.  Carrot Dogs Chicago Style

carrotdogs2.jpg.c213c33d240eb52f3cd68816ca28203f.jpg

The marinade for these carrot dogs is different.  The carrots are marinated for at least 8 hours, overnight is better.  Then they are grilled.  Marinated Carrot Dogs Chicago Style

carrotdogs3.thumb.png.295435cc4bae7d9f361fa70939f4ae3d.png

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Hmmmm????  Not sure what to think!!  I love carrots...  just eaten as carrots or cooked with pot roast...  In a bun???   Hmmmm???

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

This morning after driving Pauline to work I bought breakfast at a drive thru and drove a mile to the nearest beach.

It started to rain heavily after I took the photo.

IMG_20240820_075737.jpg

IMG_20240820_080945.jpg

If you find yourself with extra rain, please send it to central Texas...  We could use some cooling and refreshment!!  106F today, unless it gets hotter and breaks the record hottest of 107F!

Enjoy that 15C!!!!  (59F) ...  we don't get below 80F, even at night!  Maybe it's because of the Full Super Moon!!!

P.S.  @Seasick Sailor  Prayers for Bonnie!!!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LambKnuckles said:

@MISTER 67  Come on back!!!  I've never cruised HAL...  But once I was invited here, and once I began posting, I feel at home and who cares what others say!!  Do what YOU want to do!!  If that's to stop posting...  great.  But, if you like this group, keep coming back and just ignore those comments to the contrary!!!

I do love hearing and learning the reasons and explanations behinds these days!!

Here, we stay alert to mosquito bites for West Nile Virus.  Not so much, malaria!!!  
But I grew up with a Daddy who had malaria and I can remember two times he had recurring attacks through his life!  He was stationed on Guadalcanal and the Pacific in WWII where he first got the disease.  

It's important to NOT BE BIT!!!  Take precautions from mosquitos!!!
It's something that stays with you and comes back to visit, many times, throughout your life!!!

I'm sorry to hear your dad caught Malaria Lambie.

It is interesting that only the female mosquitos bite just like it is only female wasps that sting.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Another beautiful day in Port Chalmers on Nov. 30, 2017.  On this trip we were on Sun Princess for 62 days seeing all the sights in Australia, Papua New Guinea and New Zealand.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIDuyPXz5E1iJN4urVrw5rX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513622575

I believe I booked a private tour from Good Company, so we waited in this special area for our group to gather.  We would visit Larnach Castle, Speight's Brewery and a Dunedin city tour.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIdSw1_H7aCcvubUqJsu3C8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513622617

Along the way to Dunedin we saw the Forsyth Barr Stadium, third largest in New Zealand.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVgl_30ku_VVkoCEj2grfP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513622646

We passed a different brewery named Emerson's.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJuSitU5Ri-yhUFuLPZ7sBh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513622670

One place we stopped at seemed pretty popular for tourists guessing from the number of people already there.  The so called steepest street in the world, Baldwin Street.  I'm not so sure. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKqKPWIcsgnNacyiqsNHFAE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1664971897

I feel like I've been on steeper before.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLrLB_E6o4naJTrNFkcoygX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513622725

The tour stopped at the Dunedin Railway Station which was nice because I'm sure many on the bus had never been there before. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKdn9Cns0tAXHwffKe6U7cy?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513622785

Out on the Station lawn, you can see the former Cadbury candy company across the road.  Some tours actually included a Cadbury tour and it was quite popular.  I know the crew made sure they got a good supply of Cadbury chocolates while in town.  I have read that the factory was torn down in 2018 and a hospital put in its place.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIyPA5Z3V2e4fUGGY52rrTA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513622841

That's our bus parked in front of the train station.  Time to head downtown to pick up more passengers. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI4grMyPmCJggBMsZPhcEeF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620502

We stopped near St. Paul's Anglican Cathedral which is right next door to the Town Hall.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK_xWYN5v2GQpgq53vsMZEj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1664971939

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJePeVzIPMDhRc91D0mhiOy?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513622991

I'm not sure why this statue of poet Robert Burns has an orange cone on his head.  Pranksters??00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIDVP3yoo-Fz5nJ1fw1Nmb4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1664971948

We enjoyed a lovely view of the countryside as we headed out to Larnach Castle. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK6sKX4CYIetRnW5YGd6Dl-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513623032

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKO4mdFeWx-DRFWqUpVF0Bt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513623055

That's Dunedin in the distance.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLA4jIALnPdz0_vEb-NPWK5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513623219

We pulled over at this scenic view.  I was enjoying this part of the tour a lot.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJJf2_bLR4j-_Yk-55mpZu0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620502

Beautiful Larnach Castle.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmVIZmifkr31REO01EIdbc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620521

This was a residence and is the only "castle" in New Zealand.  We had an extensive tour of dozens of rooms. This is the type of decor we saw inside.  I won't bore you with a dozen photos like it.  I enjoyed the outdoors more.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK5n571sVE1PYv-PTP-A8b0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513623310

Well, maybe a photo of this floor in the foyer, which proclaimed this home The Camp.  I'd love to see what their city home looked like!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKeQSifHSI3H1FSVZX5XugA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513624265

There was a rooftop terrace we could enjoy the view from.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK3na-gIj22D07a3ZdmGctj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513624349

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLTvkdR1rXhZvEQHSwfyjnd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513624338

The entrance to their garden.  I used this photo as the cover of a wall calendar I made documenting our Down Under cruise.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKlYwhwtfD42NN-9aKaChMm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620524

more for the Garden Club00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ7KvL3HvuOiejVNfNl5w4z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513624988

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKNiVhW8Relc0Txjky4cAzM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620540

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKbgzVmBtSFGRa7hi9lFOSq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625013

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLufRooyGUeI_MTWFfssHCr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625010

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIcSqT1EcF9JeHjNFgDXoyT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625027

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL6DH7qsdlj8wMIRwCyp-Mu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625049

Next door was the Ballroom Cafe where we enjoyed lunch.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHcQ359TkpQqAKBTMYAqR2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625066

We of course had the same beautiful scenery leaving the Castle and heading back to the city.  We made our last stop at Speight's Brewery, the largest one in New Zealand.  We began our tour in the production area, but everyone had that tasting room on their mind.  Our guide took us through the history of the company and its place in Dunedin's background.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIvrBTAaGTB3MiOmDzmDYYH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625215

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ-sZOyQCYZ67uRHmhhxfEu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625232

Our guide Keith went through the whole process.  I don't remember much he said, but DH could probably give the tour for him with 29+ years experience in engineering at Anheuser-Busch.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIgXwz4LFreZHVgkKbZHs34?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625261

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKc87xcgtmgG1GKhUn8XqQe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625311

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI_FI1sPgpbi5k6-5WzXhqk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625323

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKJRhKr2tOGUCG-S2lpiPf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625334

On to the tasting room!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI4nBPO3SpvF8FvmhNxJD0n?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625179

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKFJEM-60E8qURUD1HkM9fE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625185

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJNfSlSlgxBLrqiEj7D58sn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625189

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLvOToBDvFLE6UgSn45Jbxs?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625346

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL3F2ZTzLlzZIR4s5_DUDey?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625348

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKAl2zIHpUX684lkLiofTDw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513625369

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJBMpucS_ueeuqXQwC9yy5a?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513620547

Since I don't drink beer I took small sips of lighter beers.  I would never want to waste a whole glass of beer like that.  We had a full day on this tour and enjoyed it a lot.  If I were going back I would check out their tours and no doubt find something new to do in Dunedin.  

Fabulous collection of photos Sandi and thank you so much for sharing them.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I have not seen that post but I hope it has been deleted and the poster suspended for a few days for denigrating another poster.

Roy

I found the post and think it was more of an observation rather than asking @MISTER 67 not to continue posting on the daily.  I think I posted that prematurely.

Roy

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning.

@MISTER 67 I am the one who asked you yesterday if you aren't a HAL fan, do you visit us on the Daily for camaraderie. I meant no disrespect and thought it tongue in cheek. Anyone who knows me here will attest I am one of the good guys. I'm sorry if you were insulted! 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 19

@MISTER 67  Please don't let one person on another thread make you feel like you have to leave the Daily.  As others have said, everyone is welcome here whether or not they cruise HAL.  Seeing other Dailyites thoughts and insights into other lines gives us an idea about which other lines we might try in the future.  I hope you will reconsider your decision.

Lenda

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2