Princess Plus: Is it wrong to get my 2 daily premium desserts . . .

31 minutes ago, Senga said:

I see no reason why a passenger wouldn't order a specialty ice cream dessert and then later the specialty cake dessert from I.C.  We'll have the package in March and I fully intend having ONE ice cream dessert for the "photo" but intend trying the cakes over the 20 days.

You might to bring some larger clothes. The pieces of cake will fee 4-5 people

5 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Let’s say I order a drink made with bourbon because I’m not sure I like bourbon. Turns out I don’t. Do I have to finish the drink?

I would. I was raised under the "clean your plate, there are children going hungry around the world". 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Hmmmm... One is not allowed to share the drink package. I wonder if I was to share the dessert benefit if I would be lucky and get "cut off" and not allowed more desserts? 🙄

Interesting idea, but in reality, I wonder if Princess would nullify the whole package, not just the desserts?

Edited by 2 cruises a year
  • Like 1

I wonder if Princess makes the sundaes so large so we don't go back for more? If they were tiny  I would have more than one for sure...

There have been reports that some Casual dining and SD venues on ships let you share the Plus offers.  You just have to ask each venue on each ship as it is not consistent. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, memoak said:

You might to bring some larger clothes. The pieces of cake will fee 4-5 people

A couple on our last cruise ordered one piece of cake every day and shared it.  They were quite happy with it.

6 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Let’s say I order a drink made with bourbon because I’m not sure I like bourbon. Turns out I don’t. Do I have to finish the drink?

One of the events on the schedule for our cruise next week is a liquor tasting. I reminded DH that we have the package and he can taste anything he wants.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, geoherb said:

One of the events on the schedule for our cruise next week is a liquor tasting. I reminded DH that we have the package and he can taste anything he wants.

I told DH the same as he doesn't recognise any of the red wines on the lists.  But he's like 2 cruises a year and was brought up to eat or drink everything he is given.  So I told him to get a tasting size amount in his glass.  He can have 15 of those a day - he won't get drunk and he'll be able to sample all the wines on a 10 day cruise!

Maybe 12 a day as he has to have 3 cups of expresso a day.

Edited by paddingtonbear
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here’s a picture of one I had last week.

Can't remember its name! It was one of five to choose from all with Italian titles.

I did manage to eat it all but couldn’t scrape off the frozen chocolate 😩

IMG_8099.jpeg

Edited by Esprit
  • Like 1

I would prefer to pay less for the Plus package and forego the deserts. I love sweet things but I don't eat them too much- due tothe effect my waistline and risk of Type 2 diabetes. A dessert an dinner and sometimes at lunch is enough for me.

• Like 2

I think the question is "Whose to blame" those that offer these packages or those that take them up. It's strange really that service on most cruise lines went from silver service to mainly plated to save waste and yet these packages entice some to over indulge. I have taken out a Plus Package for our up coming cruise, but I have already had a chat with my wife as to the need for a certain amount of restraint. It wasn't an order by the way, it was a joint discussion agreed by us both as judging by the amount of food and drink available it's easy to get carried away. I am partial to a full English breakfast, but with quite a few fast food outlets, buffet and MDR lunch available, plus of course afternoon tea, coffee and cake, Premier desserts and an evening meal it would be so easy to end up needing a new set of clothes after a week.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cathygh said:

I would prefer to pay less for the Plus package and forego the deserts. I love sweet things but I don't eat them too much- due tothe effect my waistline and risk of Type 2 diabetes. A dessert an dinner and sometimes at lunch is enough for me.

I think that certain aspects of these packages are specifically design with it in mind that the passengers partaking in the purchase of won't use the full compliment available. Hence they are charging for something that won't be used. We have taken out the package for convenience, neither of us are big drinkers, neither of us go to the gym. My wife isn't a great fan of ice cream (gelato), I on the other hand an quite partial. We both like coffee and cake. As far as my saying we aren't big drinkers I do like a beer, whisky, bourbon and a deep red wine. My wife likes a Pina Colada and sometimes after coming back from an excursion a cider. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, geoherb said:

glad to see your DH is cruising - hope all is well

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Silverspringcruiser said:

if I can't finish them?  On the one hand, it's a waste of food.  On the other hand, I paid for them as part of the Princess Plus packages.  Obviously I also paid for the food in the buffet and MDR, but there I would argue that only entitles me to as much as I can eat, not as much as I can take. 

No, not wrong.

We get the Plus package.  I don't drink.   I'll order a couple of drinks per cruise....take a sip, and that's it.

3 hours ago, Boku said:

Ask for a small steak rather than waste half of it, I’m sure someone else will also prefer to have the other half. I hate waste!

The smallest steak at the Crown Grill is half a pound. With an app and sides that is plenty for both of us

7 hours ago, Cathygh said:

I would prefer to pay less for the Plus package and forego the deserts. I love sweet things but I don't eat them too much- due tothe effect my waistline and risk of Type 2 diabetes. A dessert a dinner and sometimes at lunch is enough for me.

T is a package not a pick one from column A  etc.  we don’t use the desserts or gym classes. However we both have 8+ drinks a day, use WiFi and pay gratuities. Plus we will have a charcuterie plate or 2 and maybe pizza once in awhile. Plus package pays of for us big time and we can get all the espresso drinks and bottles of water we want. The package is not designed for everyone 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Boku said:

Ask for a small steak rather than waste half of it, I’m sure someone else will also prefer to have the other half. I hate waste!

But you are on Vacation, you should be able to enjoy what you want without guilt. You can be conscientious about waste (and waist) the rest of the year.

3 hours ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

I think that certain aspects of these packages are specifically design with it in mind that the passengers partaking in the purchase of won't use the full compliment available. Hence they are charging for something that won't be used.

Exactly, cable TV uses the same tactic. Who watches all of those channels? 

The desserts are too much for me to eat, I ask for 2 scoops of ice cream with chocolate sauce and take the lollipops (they are wrapped)  home for the grandkids.

28 minutes ago, memoak said:

The smallest steak at the Crown Grill is half a pound. With an app and sides that is plenty for both of us

My point was to ask the chef to cut the steak in half, that way you get the steak you want, the size you want, and no wastage.

8 hours ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

I think that certain aspects of these packages are specifically design with it in mind that the passengers partaking in the purchase of won't use the full compliment available. Hence they are charging for something that won't be used. We have taken out the package for convenience, neither of us are big drinkers, neither of us go to the gym. My wife isn't a great fan of ice cream (gelato), I on the other hand an quite partial. We both like coffee and cake. As far as my saying we aren't big drinkers I do like a beer, whisky, bourbon and a deep red wine. My wife likes a Pina Colada and sometimes after coming back from an excursion a cider. 

We are all different, I like the rest of the package and as you say it is convenient for the drinks, wifi and gratuities. We aren't big drinkers either but I do like a cocktail and some wine in the evening.

Haven't been on Princess yet - going in November.  But on Disney I always told the servers that I wouldn't be cleaning my plate (and I never did). They still were concerned that there was something wrong with the food and had a hard time understanding that the servings were bigger than I wanted. We don't cruise often but I'm planning to eat what I want and as much or as little as I want. 

• Like 3