Princess Plus: Is it wrong to get my 2 daily premium desserts . . .

You have to try one to say you tried them.

i tried one and only ate some of the  ice cream.  Next time, I asked for 2 scoops of ice cream with chocolate sauce and the lollipops separate.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2024 at 10:01 AM, LadyLafayette said:

How can I order that, it looks amazing!

Just ask your waiter because it’s on the kids menu enjoy 😊 

someone said it’s not on the menu but just ask your waiter I do all the time never had a problem. 😋😋

The captain of The Rowboat, 

Tony 

2 hours ago, phabric said:

i tried one and only ate some of the  ice cream.  Next time, I asked for 2 scoops of ice cream with chocolate sauce and the lollipops separate.

That's about the only logical option as I see it. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, phabric said:

You have to try one to say you tried them.

9 minutes ago, 555 said:

That's about the only logical option as I see it. 

On the Island, after the second time of just having 2 scoops of ice cream and chocolate sauce with the lollipops separate, the crew lady remembered us and would say “2 scoops with sauce and lollipops on the side”, we laughed each time we went when she was there.

Edited by phabric

I was debating whether to get a sundae on my recent cruise on Discovery, but it just looked too big! I ended up (only once) with two scoops of gelato which was just enough. Turned out my favorite dessert was the small slice of mango cheesecake at the International Cafe. Now drinks on the other hand…yum yum yum! I’m not a big drinker, but it gave me a chance to try things I’ve never had before, like a Bee’s Knees (after one, I decided I am NOT a fan of gin!😵‍💫😁)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I wish I could have one! Thank you for sharing this. 

Trust me, you aren’t missing much.  Labor intensive.  Frozen chocolate and sprinkles are inedible.  Melts too fast.  Sticky and gooey mess.  

I would be happy with a good vanilla ice cream with hot fudge (not chocolate syrup).  Or bring back the old fashioned chocolate cake with a good milk chocolate frosting.  

Is there a favorite dessert that you can eat?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Trust me, you aren’t missing much.  Labor intensive.  Frozen chocolate and sprinkles are inedible.  Melts too fast.  Sticky and gooey mess.  

I would be happy with a good vanilla ice cream with hot fudge (not chocolate syrup).  Or bring back the old fashioned chocolate cake with a good milk chocolate frosting.  

I'd be happy if they could just give me a couple of scoops of gelato with some caramel sauce on it. 

It must take them 5 minutes to prepare just one of those special desserts

6 minutes ago, phabric said:

On the Island, we got milk shakes on the Plus, paying they were $8.

One sailing on Emerald I got a vanilla malt. They had real ice cream and a large container of malted milk powder. I asked them to use "lots and lots and lots" of malt. The guy heaped a bunch into the mixer and it was sooooooooooooo good. It reminded me of wonderful malts that used to be available in a lot of burger places. If I could get that again I'd have one (yes, just one) every cruise.

12 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Someone actually tackled every sundae….

Oh wow, he's my new hero!  I'll get in one or two on our next cruise but honestly wish I had the metabolism to tackle one of these a day - next life.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

They usually make me a “Surprise Me” dessert in the MDR. I really appreciate that but it would be nice to be able to order exactly what I want.

I have seen photos from the Sky Princess and that ship has dairy free pastries, chocolate croissants, and ice cream too. I would love that! I have requested that they have that available on all ships and not just on the Sky Princess. I was going to find out if they granted my request a few weeks ago, but then I ended up in the hospital. We will be sailing on the Sun Princess soon and I hope that all of the above is available. I love sweets! 

I have a rare dairy allergy called FPIES that I developed as an adult. Pre allergy, I loved hot fudge sundaes and I would order them every chance I got. I really miss them so please have one for me! 😋

• Like 2

@MsSoCalCruiser Thanks for sharing.  I am sure others will appreciate your candidness.  No hot fudge on any ship, but will gladly savor the joy when I do it on land....for you.

Princess does rely heavily on dairy desserts and meals.  I remember one cruise that every menu/every day had some form of goat cheese.  

• Thanks 1

It would be nice to have a few fruit pies slices in buffet/dining room/International Cafe instant of all cake or tarts.  I know they offer an apple pie once during a cruise.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, phabric said:

It would be nice to have a few fruit pies slices in buffet/dining room/International Cafe instant of all cake or tarts.  I know they offer an apple pie once during a cruise.

And they used to have salads they went away on most ships I have been on

1 minute ago, memoak said:

And they used to have salads they went away on most ships I have been on

You can still get a simple salad in the dining room. It's on the children's menu.

4 minutes ago, geoherb said:

You can still get a simple salad in the dining room. It's on the children's menu.

I believe this was about the IC. The MDR is not open on port days for lunch

10 minutes ago, phabric said:

I remember having a shrimp salad at the IC.

Yes there used to be that and pasta salads. Have not seen those for over 6 

months

• Like 1

We had Plus on our recent Discovery Cruise.  I wish there had been better information on where to get these specialty desserts.   We got 2 or 3 of the sundaes at the Gelato place, but other than that, I don't know where these desserts were.  As someone above stated, the chocolate and sprinkles were for looks only.  I love desserts but certainly don't need them for my "girly" figure 😜  The desserts I tried at the buffet and MDR were nothing special enough that I would have wanted it again.  

As for the two casual meals that came with plus, we ate at the sit-down pizza restaurant twice and our app showed we still had two left.  I don't understand that either.

21 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Someone actually tackled every sundae….

watching that made me hungry and sick at the same time! LOL 😄

I will try at least one on our cruise in December as a treat

• Like 1

I plan to try one sundae and 1 slice of each flavor of cake that I split with my husband. If any of them float my boat, maybe we'll have more but from what I hear that is unlikely.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2024 at 1:00 AM, Boku said:

My point was to ask the chef to cut the steak in half, that way you get the steak you want, the size you want, and no wastage.

I was in Spain recently (not on a cruise) and I wanted a paella but they only made them for 2 people.  The waiter asked me to wait a bit and see if anyone else wanted the same.  About 10 mins later he asked if I wanted to share with a woman at another table.  Everybody was happy!

Edited by paddingtonbear
  • Like 1