LAFFNVEGAS LIVE to Alaska on the HAL Westerdam August 25, 2024

Tom and Marcia had Caesar Salad, I had the Pea Soup since I did not have any earlier today. Then I had the Salmon but had them give me some of the Indonesian Stir Fry Noodles, Tom had the Hodge Podge Klapstuk , and Marcia had the Bami Goreng. Then Dessert, Marcia had the Peach Crisp, and Tom and I had the Tompounce.
I know I don’t mention drinks for us but Marcia has her Moscato and Tom and I have glasses of Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling 😁

I forgot to get a picture of Marcia’s Peach Crisp.

IMG_6469.jpeg

IMG_6470.jpeg

IMG_6471.jpeg

IMG_6472.jpeg

IMG_6473.jpeg

IMG_6474.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I forgot to mention we had lunch at Pinnacle Grill so will had those photos. 
Then tonight we went to the show Major Fourth, three guys and a gal. Their shoe was called sing. The show was very short they only performed for 37 minutes.

Afterwards was the officers versus Passengers trivia then it let right into The Orange Party. 
When we went to dinner there were not many dressed in Orange but then when we were out and about after the show there was lots of Orange. 

IMG_6453.jpeg

IMG_6454.jpeg

IMG_6455.jpeg

IMG_6458.jpeg

IMG_6459.jpeg

IMG_6460.jpeg

IMG_6464.jpeg

IMG_6465.jpeg

IMG_6466.jpeg

IMG_6481.jpeg

IMG_6482.jpeg

IMG_6483.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Tom and Marcia had Caesar Salad, I had the Pea Soup since I did not have any earlier today. Then I had the Salmon but had them give me some of the Indonesian Stir Fry Noodles, Tom had the Hodge Podge Klapstuk , and Marcia had the Bami Goreng. Then Dessert, Marcia had the Peach Crisp, and Tom and I had the Tompounce.
I know I don’t mention drinks for us but Marcia has her Moscato and Tom and I have glasses of Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling 😁

I forgot to get a picture of Marcia’s Peach Crisp.

IMG_6469.jpeg

IMG_6470.jpeg

IMG_6471.jpeg

IMG_6472.jpeg

IMG_6473.jpeg

IMG_6474.jpeg

We think it's a great menu night.

• Like 2

Much better choices tonight!!

Shrimp cocktail

Bami Goreng

Bosche bol

I think I'd be happy after that, though I might pick out the chicken chunks. I can only eat so much chicken before being bored of it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shalandara said:

There were only a few listings of groups on the Westerdam in 2024 on VMax's posts listing charters and groups on board.  (see this post:)

I copied out the section just for the Westerdam here:
Westerdam

09 June 2024 – 07 July 2024 : Alaska Arctic Circle Solstice : Knitting Group

04 August 2024 – 11 August 2024 : Alaska : Focal Point Ministries Group

We weren't on the 4th -11th cruise; we were on the 11th-18th cruise just before the Effy one. There was/is no mention of this rather radical group of over 800 people.  Otherwise, I would have moved or canceled it.  

16 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Cherie, I don’t think so, I know with fish pretty sure it needs to have been frozen.

Thank you Lisa.  I thought I was remembering a thread a few weeks ago with a discussion of whether local fish was used and there was a photo of the chef at the gangway checking to make sure the local fish was on ice. Hopefully there may are meals with "fresh, local" fish but all the other is frozen.  Thank you again for letting us cruise and dine with you.  Cherie

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

We weren't on the 4th -11th cruise; we were on the 11th-18th cruise just before the Effy one. There was/is no mention of this rather radical group of over 800 people.  Otherwise, I would have moved or canceled it.  

I can only post info on groups when I find info online or when someone kindly points me in the correct direction to find info.

Perhaps you would care to share information on the group in question? 800 is a large group and it would be great if I had a source to watch in event of a repeat booking.

Thanks for considering your fellow cruisers. 😉  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

I can only post info on groups when I find info online or when someone kindly points me in the correct direction to find info.

Perhaps you would care to share information on the group in question? 800 is a large group and it would be great if I had a source to watch in event of a repeat booking.

Thanks for considering your fellow cruisers. 😉  

We got their group name when we met and conversed with some of them.  I think they were followers of the main headliner person on YouTube and Rumble but were booked through a religious online travel agency, which I don't think I am allowed to share per forum rules 😏.