The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday August 31st, 2024

Today is International Overdose Awareness Day, Love Litigating Lawyers Day, and National Diatomaceous Earth Day

To live is to think. - Marcus Tullius Cicero

Meal Suggestion for today - Rosemary Garlic Shrimp and Tomato Kebabs
Drink of the Day - Thoroughbred
Wine of the Day - Bread & Butter Cabernet Sauvignon
Destination of the Day - Raiatea, Society Islands, French Polynesia

Today in History:
1897 Thomas Edison patents the Kinetoscope [kinetographic camera], a device which produces moving pictures
1997 Princess of Wales, Diana, Dies in a Car Crash

Ship Locations

Eurodam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Explorer

Seattle, Washington   0700-1500

Koningsdam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Inside Passage

Vancouver, BC, Canada   0700-1600

Nieuw Amsterdam --- 7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Whittier

At Sea Destination Whittier, Alaska eta 9/1

Nieuw Statendam --- 14 days, round-trip North Cape The Midnight Sun

Gravdal, Norway   1100-1900

Noordam --- 7 days, one-way from Whittier to Vancouver

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC, Canada eta 9/1

Oosterdam --- 7 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Civitavecchia-Rome

Naples, Italy   0700-1700

Rotterdam ---  21 days, round-trip Northern Isles Viking Sagas

Rotterdam (Amsterdam), Holland    0700-1500

Volendam --- 10 days, one-way from Montreal to Boston

Montreal, Quebec, Canada   0700-1900

Westerdam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Explorer

Victoria, BC, Canada   2000-2359

Zaandam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Inside Passage

Skagway, Alaska   0630-2100

Zuiderdam --- 7 days, one-way from Quebec City to Boston

Quebec City, Quebec  overnight, departing 1700 

image.thumb.png.4331695a61508bcab83e0df5f24103e8.png

image.thumb.png.f779ff53e979df3ae0f147add1e2984d.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 28

Good morning dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report. 

We have no plans for the holiday weekend except to relax.  😀 

Work is going well and actually a little ahead of schedule.

I hope everyone has a great day! 

20231220_120750.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 5

Throughbred cocktail:

The "Thoroughbred" cocktail is an elegant and sophisticated libation that pays homage to the grace and power of the legendary racehorses. This refined cocktail combines the smoothness of bourbon with the herbaceous notes of mint and the refreshing tang of citrus. With its timeless appeal and classic ingredients, the Thoroughbred cocktail is a true testament to the artistry of mixology. Sip on this refined elixir and be transported to the world of horse racing, where tradition meets the thrill of the track.

Ingredients:
1/2 oz. lemon juice
1/2 oz. simple syrup
2 oz. bourbon
4 mint leaves

Directions:
In a mixing glass, muddle the fresh mint leaves gently to release their aromatic oils.
Add bourbon, fresh lemon juice, and simple syrup to the mixing glass. Fill the mixing glass with ice cubes. Stir gently for about 15 seconds.
Fill a glass with ice cubes and strain the cocktail mixture into the glass. Garnish the Thoroughbred cocktail with a mint sprig(optional).

Screenshot 2024-08-31 at 6.04.48 AM.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 19

Good morning Dailyites 

Jeez, dreams last night of oversleeping, wrong time on the clock, backed up traffic missing our flight. We should have taken Rich's approach of heading to Seattle before the holiday rush.

Little Oliver knows something is up. He's been sticking like glue to me the past few days. He and Elizabeth are great buddies and he will be in good hands.

Saying my prayers now before our day starts. Wishing each of you a safe, healthy and happy Labor Day weekend. God bless!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

Today’s Care List:

NextOne’s DSIL in ER with weight loss, dehydration

Ottahand7’s DB with a swollen knee post TKR

Seasick Sailor’s DS Bonnie needing more surgery

Seasick Sailor safe travels to Seattle today

Heat, Fires, flooding and Storms across the US

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness, poor appetite

Hal Sailer diagnosed with Lymphoma

Vict0riann’s cleaning lady Leanne dx’d with esophageal cancer

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Tbay!

Welcome back to Rotterdam 0106!

Welcome to Montreal TiogaCruiser!

Welcome home Lady Hudson!

Cruzin Terri with no need for surgery currently for partial rotator cuff tear

Kazu accepted an offer on her house

NextOne doing well post hip surgery

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Lindaler (Westerdam Sept 1 to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan

1 day for Richwmn (Westerdam Sept 1 to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan

1 day for Seasick Sailor (Westerdam Sept 1 to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan – celebrating her birthday and their 33rd wedding anniversary

1 day for USN59-79 (Westerdam Sept 1 to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan

7 days for Luvteaching (Eurodam Sept 7 to Sept 14) 7d Alaska Explorer

LAFFNVEGAS (Westerdam to Sept 1) 7d Alaska Explorer, Dobiemom (Westerdam to Sept 1) 7d Alaska Explorer, Crazy For Cats (Zuiderdam to Sept 7) 7d Canada/New England Discovery, Dfish (Zuiderdam to Sept 7) 7d Canada/New England Discovery, Sharon in AZ (Zuiderdam to Sept 7) 7d Canada/New England Discovery, Tbay (Volendam to Sept 10) 10 Night Newfoundland & New England Discovery + (Volendam Sept 10 to Sept 21) 11 Night Newfoundland & New England Discovery, celebrating 50th Anniversary and Gail & Marty sailing away (Rotterdam to Oct 27) 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 26

Good morning friends!  Today it is 71F but with cloudy skies.  The high will be 92 with a cloudy morning and a mostly sunny afternoon. I have no plans at all, just stay home and get my project moved along.

Thanks to Rich @richwmn, Eva @superoma, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your contributions to the content of the Daily and Fleet Report.  I heartily endorse awareness of drug overdoses since that is a major problem in this country, and many other countries.  I'm not such a fan of love for litigating lawyers, though they are necessary.  Some seem not so ethical.  Believe it or not, diatomaceous earth is an important product.  The quote is just okay.  The meal suggestion sounds interesting.  No thanks to the cocktail, and DH can have my Cabernet Sauvignon.  A good day in history for Thomas Edison, but the whole world mourned Princess Diana in 1997.  A terrible tragedy!

Prayers for our Daily Care group including Tana and Terry, Chuck and Annie, Joy’s DS Bonnie, Nancy’s DB, Ann and Pat, Melisa and her DH, Jacqui, Elizabeth, Roy, Terri and Jim.  Also Ann's cleaning lady Leanne and Edi's DSIL.  Praying for improvement for everyone.  Also praying for DB, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the remaining hostages, and our very important military members in the region.  Cheers to everyone celebrating special occasions, cruising and preparing to cruise!  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the list-keeping work once again.

The port today is Raiatea, Society Islands, French Polynesia.  I have four links for you today because this is apparently a popular port of call.  Feb. 19, 2022, May 29, 2022, Jan. 23, 2023, June 8, 2023.  DH and I enjoyed this port before so I have some photos of our day spent there.  Please use the links to retrieve your own photos.

Bon Voyage @Tbay!

I hope everyone is enjoying this long holiday weekend.  Stay safe and keep well!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 15

On April 12, 2017 the Maasdam stopped in Uturoa, Raiatea, French Polynesia.  This is what it looked like from the top deck of the ship that morning.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIpo3ARYqqwNoXcVBVSroda?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024029

This cheery group played and sang for us as we departed the ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIBxeTywbcYhdl3I_HR1d6b?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024042

We went to that little cafe right next to the ship for something to drink and to try their wifi but unfortunately it was not working very well. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL83GjD3uzcfyGdyS6mOnEw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024070

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLu8PnKxR-g7t_F3laRkYR7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024084

It looked like you get do some type of excursion by taking a boat ride from here.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKndW6tng0MrYucZrE0jytt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024077

Across the street was this tent with a crowd gathered so we went to see what was going on.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVINubUdoNds5CWj2ler2BD3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024093

More music and dancing!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKTu4wyKEGiYr5eWpi5Pm_m?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024101

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI8Xz166dXH2AlOC5Kc6IqI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024112

Everyone was having a good time00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKHczpSN4lLoNY2uTx7kTxD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024115

After listening for a while we went into the adjoining building where the marketplace was.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIQex4duYT74FMmKcgPyM2g?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024120

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLzNBeT5e3hABQeX2qL2V12?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024128

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL-YVc-YCkg7jl3iWYoNQxp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024130

As we left the building we noticed our ship master, Captain van Dreumel had arrived for a Welcome to Raiatea ceremony.  He was dressed appropriately for this island tradition.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIKeTcQWf0LoR6Qv-z1h921?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024140

Where the dancing had gone on before, now everyone was seated and paying attention to the proceedings.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKDyCdBLTvupyxl4gckVxDD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024143

It looked like the Captain received a plaque.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJjonTnTLzyW9uIbLupx65O?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024153

After the ceremony we walked a few blocks around town just taking it all in.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIpLFS8KatrapjWzYkAs8Xf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024161

It's always fun to check out a grocery store!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJz7OGl3ep-gFijs4k7LsSy?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024165

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKfIiCwffYVU49_OjJZ4UXC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024173

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKyH-AHfNw2yb95Ul-SGbqn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024168

Shopping "kiosks" near the ship00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKm2pGUGLKpjN5NB9M3eoE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024179

Lovely fabrics were for sale here.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIL7mgTQI4AWNymg7d46Phz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024178

Nearing mid day it was getting too darn hot so we decided to board the ship.  No wifi was found that morning, sad to say.  But even worse, we saw an ambulance near the gangway taking a sick passenger away.  This is not something you would like to experience so far away from home.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIqJGThXwgos2OKMLtUx4vX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024182

I do hope they weren't too ill and made it back to the ship before we sailed.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 21

Happy Saturday to each of you!!

Thank you for the Dailys and Reports!!

I chuckled when I read the celebrations for today!  Yes, I know Overdose is serious and I take it that way, and it is something to be made aware of...  But with the other two...  all together...  I think how diverse and funny!  (Sorry, my humor can get me into trouble sometimes!)

The food and beverages sound wonderful!!!  And the photos of our destination are fun!!

It's the beginning of Labor Day Weekend in the USA and that means I'll stay off the roads and out of the parks and out of the stores -- I planned ahead and have everything I need!!  My neighborhood and then tomorrow, going to church, will be all my world!

My youngest is at Quail Con in Miamisburg, OH this weekend and they'll have the adventure of learning more about their new life raising quail for eggs and meat and fun!  I love my quail egg breakfast and cooking and baking with these little gems (I'll make cookies today for munching and enjoying).  That and I'll make quail enchiladas -- with planned-overs for the next couple of days!   I'm living the life alone with the critters for the weekend!

My prayers for all in need, both listed and mentioned and those that may not even be known to the ones needing them!  

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.  My brisket is on the smoker right now.  Thanks for the daily and maps Sandi and Rich.  I'll celebrate diatomaceous earth day.  I use it yearly on my cabin gardens, it is useful for slugs and pine saw fly caterpillars.  I see so many dimwits I wonder if today's quote is true.  We are heading to Raiatea next winter on the Konigsdam.  Thanks for the lovely photos Sandi! 

Thanks for the cares and celebrations reports Vanessa.   Prayers for Tana and Terry, Chuck and Annie, Jim and Terri, Melissa, Bonnie, Sandi's DB, @NEXTONE2  @NextOne DSIL, Jacqui and everyone else who are ailing or grieving.  Welcome home Tina @0106.  Prayers for all in war zones through no fault of their own, Ukraine, the remaining hostages and the Innocents in Palestine. 

We are having several couples for a brisket dinner this afternoon.  All of my cooking is done just table setting and a few odds and ends.   Have a lovely Labor Day!  Nancy 

A few daylilies in bloom.  A strange growing season.  

IMG_20240830_092239992_HDR.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 6

Thank you for today’s FR&D, Sandi (channeling her inner Rich😎)!  The stars & planets are so bright this morning! I think Saturn is almost directly overhead & it is spectacular!  

Last evening was fun. I ordered BBQ pork on a cornmeal jalapeño waffle with an apple slaw on top & it was out of this world. And the three of us shared an amazing sundae with a brownie base, vanilla ice cream, a bit of caramel sauce & crushed Biscoff cookies. 

IMG_4863.jpeg.440d7d2bc1d6b08dbeb9cd56218e7ad2.jpeg

Vanessa thank you for keeping up with all our happenings. I hope the light headedness also goes away. Soon. 

Gym, Aldi, Bindi walks, chores & an evening of great music at a local beach club - one of my former gym’s instructors is having a fundraiser in memory of her husband who passed away three years ago from COVID. She is an amazing woman who is always finding ways to help others. 

IMG_3341.jpeg.6e8d7195825cb6008db2060f3dd1c635.jpeg

IMG_3204.jpeg.ec9e00a66d1d8ceca0ae8659e0334e0a.jpeg

IMG_2383.jpeg.00170f4d3822db767b7c1e84dfc478c0.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Praying that Tana’s FF is off the charts today & that Terry has an uneventful day. Praying for Melanie & DH, Bonnie, Nancy’s DB, Annie & Chuck, Pat & Ann, Jacqui, Tony, Terri & Jim and all our caregivers. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating! Safe trip Joy & Allen!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Bread & Butter Cabernet Sauvignon

I have enjoyed this vintner’s Chardonnay, so if their Cab is as good - this might be one to try. Easy to find and definitely priced to try. Online prices start at$12.98.

Winemaker Notes

This robust wine charms with layers of mocha, fresh berries, blackcurrant and subtle black pepper, toasted oak and rich vanilla. Round and soft with a hint of spice, soft tannins weave into a smooth and lingering finish of sweet vanilla.

• 90Decanter
    The popular Bread & Butter range from California was previously a Majestic exclusive, but is now available in Sainsbury's. One for fans of big, ripe New World styles, this offers plenty of bang for your buck: ripe juicy black currants and blackberries; hints of mint and toasty vanilla; a smooth palate with silky tannins.
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 15
  • Haha 2

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Happy Labour Day weekend.

We had a thunderstorm rumble through in the night, lots of puddles but no skunks when Bertie and I had our first walk this morning. 🙂  It's going to be a hot humid day.

An interesting collection of days.

Good quote.

The meal sounds good, not too much rosemary please.  I'll pass on the drink and a big yes to the wine.

Thanks for the pictures of today's port, I'll never see it in person.

Prayers for so many.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a good day.   Stay cool

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4

Thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa, Eva, Ann, and Dixie for the FR&D   I like all 3 of today’s days.   Special prayers for Jacaui Ann, Pat, Terri, Jim,  Melissa, Chuck, Annie and Tana with  Annie and Chuck at the top of the list.

I like the Cicero quote...

I have not been to Cicero

A great day for cinema but a very tragic one 100 years kater, I wonder, though, if cinema had not been invented would Diana still be with us..

I’ll pass on the meal.  My alternative is on hiatus until late September.

Church mens group on Zoom this morning and UPS, Fire House, and Grocery this afternoon...

Roy

• Like 29

Good cloudy and humid morning.

It’s hard to believe that it has been 27 years since Princess Diana was killed in the car crash. I was onboard the old Nieuw Amsterdam just sailing from Vancouver when the news broke that she had died.💔

Last year on this date is when Danelo Cavalcante made his escape and began the 2 weeks of terror for people in the area Strangely enough he was actually back in court yesterday to be charged on the escape and burglary charges. He did plead guilty and was sentenced for an additional 10 years to his life sentence.

I hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone, rise and shine!  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists. We’re having dinner with one of our neighbors from our old house in Boston.  She has family that live up here that she is staying with this weekend.

Overdose awareness is something we should have on our radar screen with the prescriptions that we take.  Not sure what to say about the other two days.

I like the quote.

The meal and drink suggestions sound good to me.

Prayers for those who need them today.  Cheers to those celebrating happy events!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!  It is turn around day here on the Zuiderdam.  It is also a cloudy and cool day.  No sleeping in with the disembarkation announcements.  

@Quartzsite Cruiser  Sue and I are thrilled that you and Steve will be going to Hawaii with us.  It will be good to see you again.

Yesterday we walked all over Quebec.  We went to our favorite restaurant for onion soup and crepes, Au Petit Coin Breton.  Sue has the crepe with strawberries, chocolate, ice cream, and whipped cream.  Mine was mushroom, bacon, and cheese.

IMG_3548.thumb.jpeg.a92b9cdb98d89c7078750fe0b62316e6.jpeg

IMG_3549.thumb.jpeg.17a49391b16c8d1952154fa337f12861.jpeg

IMG_3552.thumb.jpeg.97c7c040857409dcf8260a19cac96136.jpeg

Last night we went to the Pinnacle Grill and had a delicious dinner.

IMG_3555.thumb.jpeg.944f53bf02cedda027515655ec3f21bb.jpeg

IMG_3556.thumb.jpeg.272b71572cb86a187b5010df079e1839.jpeg

IMG_3557.thumb.jpeg.e9635917a3400d0f52e3f4034bcbaa2a.jpeg

IMG_3558.thumb.jpeg.1394521ee874df6a7ecec78d5e72e99e.jpeg

IMG_3559.thumb.jpeg.1bd6fa5ac15c13234d51656b1b6277c7.jpeg

IMG_3562.thumb.jpeg.6f055fc8658614584c4d2569055e8eb2.jpeg

IMG_3563.thumb.jpeg.b317bebcd4ee580fdd6d452d389ed2c4.jpeg

Sue and I had steak and Sharon @Sharon in AZ had the lobster.  Everything was prepared well.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 10

Happy Saturday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

A little cloudy today, high 83. Some chores to do today and then I will take it easy. 39 days to go until my cruise. A little concerned as the Air Canada pilots voted to strike mid-September and although booked with United, our plane is Air Canada. Fingers crossed. 

Bon Voyage to @Tbay!

Kittens, Bon Voyage, boat Pet Quotes, Animal Quotes, Harry Whittier ...

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.jpeg.04b8b4114dda2e1c1654e622bcf6f26c.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon and thank you so much Sandi for introducing today's daily reports.

3 good days.

Prayers for good health for all Dailyites.

I hope everyone has a great day.

I will hopefully post Father David's sermon late tomorrow or Monday.

God bless.

Screenshot_20240831_131931.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 11

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

Throughbred cocktail:

The "Thoroughbred" cocktail is an elegant and sophisticated libation that pays homage to the grace and power of the legendary racehorses. This refined cocktail combines the smoothness of bourbon with the herbaceous notes of mint and the refreshing tang of citrus. With its timeless appeal and classic ingredients, the Thoroughbred cocktail is a true testament to the artistry of mixology. Sip on this refined elixir and be transported to the world of horse racing, where tradition meets the thrill of the track.

Ingredients:
1/2 oz. lemon juice
1/2 oz. simple syrup
2 oz. bourbon
4 mint leaves

Directions:
In a mixing glass, muddle the fresh mint leaves gently to release their aromatic oils.
Add bourbon, fresh lemon juice, and simple syrup to the mixing glass. Fill the mixing glass with ice cubes. Stir gently for about 15 seconds.
Fill a glass with ice cubes and strain the cocktail mixture into the glass. Garnish the Thoroughbred cocktail with a mint sprig(optional).

Screenshot 2024-08-31 at 6.04.48 AM.png

I’m off to the races!

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

On April 12, 2017 the Maasdam stopped in Uturoa, Raiatea, French Polynesia.  This is what it looked like from the top deck of the ship that morning.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIpo3ARYqqwNoXcVBVSroda?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024029

This cheery group played and sang for us as we departed the ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIBxeTywbcYhdl3I_HR1d6b?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024042

We went to that little cafe right next to the ship for something to drink and to try their wifi but unfortunately it was not working very well. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL83GjD3uzcfyGdyS6mOnEw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024070

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLu8PnKxR-g7t_F3laRkYR7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024084

It looked like you get do some type of excursion by taking a boat ride from here.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKndW6tng0MrYucZrE0jytt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024077

Across the street was this tent with a crowd gathered so we went to see what was going on.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVINubUdoNds5CWj2ler2BD3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024093

More music and dancing!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKTu4wyKEGiYr5eWpi5Pm_m?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024101

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI8Xz166dXH2AlOC5Kc6IqI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024112

Everyone was having a good time00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKHczpSN4lLoNY2uTx7kTxD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024115

After listening for a while we went into the adjoining building where the marketplace was.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIQex4duYT74FMmKcgPyM2g?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024120

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLzNBeT5e3hABQeX2qL2V12?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024128

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL-YVc-YCkg7jl3iWYoNQxp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024130

As we left the building we noticed our ship master, Captain van Dreumel had arrived for a Welcome to Raiatea ceremony.  He was dressed appropriately for this island tradition.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIKeTcQWf0LoR6Qv-z1h921?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024140

Where the dancing had gone on before, now everyone was seated and paying attention to the proceedings.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKDyCdBLTvupyxl4gckVxDD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024143

It looked like the Captain received a plaque.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJjonTnTLzyW9uIbLupx65O?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024153

After the ceremony we walked a few blocks around town just taking it all in.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIpLFS8KatrapjWzYkAs8Xf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024161

It's always fun to check out a grocery store!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJz7OGl3ep-gFijs4k7LsSy?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024165

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKfIiCwffYVU49_OjJZ4UXC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024173

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKyH-AHfNw2yb95Ul-SGbqn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024168

Shopping "kiosks" near the ship00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKm2pGUGLKpjN5NB9M3eoE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024179

Lovely fabrics were for sale here.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIL7mgTQI4AWNymg7d46Phz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024178

Nearing mid day it was getting too darn hot so we decided to board the ship.  No wifi was found that morning, sad to say.  But even worse, we saw an ambulance near the gangway taking a sick passenger away.  This is not something you would like to experience so far away from home.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIqJGThXwgos2OKMLtUx4vX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494024182

I do hope they weren't too ill and made it back to the ship before we sailed.

Nice photos!

The spinner dolphins of Riatia! 

IMG_0773.thumb.jpeg.ebc0aec8ec264e98ea0d69bf00c9a1d6.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4