When does airfare become available?

EllieinNJ

Just booked my first Celebrity cruise for April, 2025.  Tried to see what the airfare prices were but said nothing available.  Is it too early?  I can get prices directly with the airlines.

Typically airline schedules and fares are released about 300 days prior to the flights.  It would seem as though yours should be available.  

Edited to add: I just did a random mock booking check for Celebrity Reflection for April 20, 2025 and flights and fares are available.

Maybe try calling Flights by Celebrity at 800.533.7803 to see what they have for your itinerary.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

Just booked my first Celebrity cruise for April, 2025.  Tried to see what the airfare prices were but said nothing available.  Is it too early?  I can get prices directly with the airlines.

We are booked for an April sailing on Solstice.  Up to last month, the Flights By Celebrity search engine would consistently yield "No Results Found".

When I checked today, I noticed that the search engine look has changed.  The good news is that I can see flights from searches, The bad news is that there is no option to book a one way or multi-city flight which is important since this cruise is a trans-Pacific sailing.....

image.thumb.png.52643e602c6590a8d6b6cb589f322d87.png

22 minutes ago, serene56 said:

I tried looking at those prices but it was 125.pp more then booking direct.   Whats the purpose of this?  

Typically the international fares can be more attractive, but the domestic fares have been, in our experience, about the same as (maybe a little less than) the directly booked fares.  At least that's the case with our upcoming November cruise.

That pricing seems unusual.  It would take away from the benefits of booking through Celebrity IMO.  We have booked through them to get the benefits of (with most flights) no money due until final cruise payment, change flexibility, favorable fare change if fares decrease, and flight support offered.  But not at that premium!  Maybe keep checking?

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

We have a cruise on Celebrity in April 2025, and we have held a flight through FBC.  Sometimes, you can change the classification ,  or departure city, etc., and flights will show up.  

56 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

We are booked for an April sailing on Solstice.  Up to last month, the Flights By Celebrity search engine would consistently yield "No Results Found".

When I checked today, I noticed that the search engine look has changed.  The good news is that I can see flights from searches, The bad news is that there is no option to book a one way or multi-city flight which is important since this cruise is a trans-Pacific sailing.....

image.thumb.png.52643e602c6590a8d6b6cb589f322d87.png

Well ! that is pretty stupid 🙄

I been find even some airline apps will not let you do multi city flights 

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

Go ahead and select Round Trip .. Once you choose a flight to Sydney, it will show your  return flight as being out of HNL .. 

• Like 1

Just now, DaKahuna said:

Go ahead and select Round Trip .. Once you choose a flight to Sydney, it will show your  return flight as being out of HNL .. 

ok.  But, are you stuck having to book both legs?

We have very rarely used Flights by Celebrity. Twice, possibly three times.  When we have used them it was for B2B2B series with flights for embarkation and disembarkation being different continents.  Without that round trip we had to call FbC for the price quote. 

Just now, mahdnc said:

ok.  But, are you stuck having to book both legs?

Yes.  If you do Flights By Celebrity.  I did not see any way to purchase a one way ticket.   You can be flexible on the departure and return dates though. 

I have never used them, preferring the flexibility to booking directly and picking airlines and dates/times that suit me best. 

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

Yes.  If you do Flights By Celebrity.  I did not see any way to purchase a one way ticket.   You can be flexible on the departure and return dates though. 

I have never used them, preferring the flexibility to booking directly and picking airlines and dates/times that suit me best. 

I have used FBC once--to book my Oct 2022 Constellation TA flights: ORD-FCO + TPA-ORD.

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

It's working for me 

image.thumb.png.bf78e93d39f17b73d581fe5c7cac8fc9.png

I guess it just doesn't like me.  Or maybe it was because you were using it at the time...

Edited by mahdnc
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

....You can be flexible on the departure and return dates though. 

I agree that booking directly does allow complete flexibility of airline and schedule choices, but FBC offers several airline choices, multiple flight times, fare classes, routing combinations, and allows this with date choices as you indicate.  There is a fair amount of flexibility and options through them as well that also provide the other stated benefits.  They don't take points, however. 

Whatever works best for anyone is the way to do it. It definitely is a personal choice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I agree that booking directly does allow complete flexibility of airline and schedule choices, but FBC offers several airline choices, multiple flight times, fare classes, routing combinations, and allows this with date choices as you indicate.  There is a fair amount of flexibility and options through them as well that also provide the other stated benefits.  They don't take points, however. 

Whatever works best for anyone is the way to do it. It definitely is a personal choice.

AFTER the final payment, FBC charges $200 for any kind of change you request.  Most US carriers do not charge change fees assuming you don't book their "basic" fare.  Generally speaking, to redeem points/miles, you have to book directly with the airline, you can't redeem your Delta miles on other TA sites like Expedia, either.  It seemed after the restart they had some $50 and $100 off coupons but I haven't seen those since 2021

10 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

I did mine for next May about a month ago. First day mid May became available.

Each airline will indicate their window on their site.   Most Major U.S. airlines open 330-365 days in advance -  if booking a return flight you will have to work off the return date.

Below is a list of most Airlines.

image.thumb.png.738f7cd33ba16bfaab93e21465b65754.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Each airline will indicate their window on their site.   Most Major U.S. airlines open 330-365 days in advance -  if booking a return flight you will have to work off the return date.

Below is a list of most Airlines.

image.thumb.png.738f7cd33ba16bfaab93e21465b65754.png

Great info, although the OP seems to be talking about FBC as they stated they could see airline pricing directly from the airline

17 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Great info, although the OP seems to be talking about FBC as they stated they could see airline pricing directly from the airline

True -- but FBC will not show a rate until the airlines release for booking.  Usually it is almost the same day as the airlines releasing the bookings.    BTW all flights are not shown on FBC but if you call they can price it for you.  Since Covid I have not really seen any "Great Deals" booking with FBC.   Most fares they are showing are the full refundable fares for most airlines.  

To me the only advantage now to use FBC is that you don't have to pay for it until final payment.   Downside is after final payment even on a fully refundable fare you have to pay a service fee to change or cancel.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

How do you find which "class" of economy FBC is selling?

FBC shows either Economy or Business class, but on United website they have 3 economy. I'm assuming it's the middle based on pricing, and seat assignment in advance. Went to United and they didn't list it either on reservation, maybe because it's a consolidator fare?

Thanks, first time FBC user.

On 9/5/2024 at 12:00 PM, serene56 said:

I tried looking at those prices but it was 125.pp more then booking direct.   Whats the purpose of this?  

I've noticed that several times on Flights by Celebrity (FbC).  I looked at some domestic first class flights on Delta yesterday and found the price booking direct with Delta was about 15% less than FbC.  Not only that but FbC indicated any changes would incur a $200 fee plus any airfare difference, whereas Delta does not charge any fees for changes if booking direct.

For economy class, the airfares on FbC were 10%-20% higher on a few of the flights I checked.

While others report finding better fares on FbC, I have personally found that to be the case, whether on FbC, Air2Sea (RCI) or the Silversea Air Programme.  It pays to compare and book whichever option makes the most sense for you.