Lack of shows in the Royal Theater on Wonder?

I am looking trough the entertainment options for my cruise in 2 weeks by comparing it to this upcoming weeks cruise with the same itinerary.

My main show entertainment is as follows:

Day 1 inTense Reserved

Day 2 365 Seasons on Ice Reserved and maybe Voices (not showing in planner but have a reservation)

Day 3  NOTHING   (inTENse offered but already reserved for day 1)

Day 4  NOTHING  (The Karate Kid movie playing in Royal Theater but don't consider a very old movie as main theater entertainment) (inTense and 365 offered but already reserved for other days)

Day 5 Headliner Jennifer Singer vocalist

Day 6 The effectors Reserved (not showing on Planner) (365 offered but already reserved day 2)

Day 7  NOTHING

I have never been on a cruise when there wasn't a show option every evening in the main theater.  That is always our night dinner and the show.  Am I missing something here is there really this huge of a lack of shows in the Royal Theater?

Again as other threads ... once you are onboard the menu and entertainment will populate. Dont assume now what will be once you are onboard and hooked up to the ships wifi. It seems like things arent showing ahead of time when you look at other sailings. 

Patience. 

5 hours ago, mattR said:

Am I missing something here is there really this huge of a lack of shows in the Royal Theater?

the app never shows the various variety shows in the theater until you are onboard the ship. these shows can change on each sailing

Edited by shof515

I noticed the same prior to our Wonder cruise (and think I posted a similar question).

They are short a regular show as they just have Effectors and Voices in the main theatre (plus the Ice Show, Aqua and comedy for adults).  I think they used to also have a tap show but that is no longer offered.  Having said that, we still had some sort of show or entertainment each night between headliners and a game show...Mind you. our daughter  did have one night without a show (when we had adult comedy and nothing else was going on).  We also had one day show with the cast singing (if I'm remembering correctly).   I agree t though as other Oasis ships have an additional show such as Flight on Symphony.

P.S. - We had the same headliner (singer) back in March. Not sure if it's a coincidence or if she is a regular on Wonder with a longer contract.

Edited by LuCruise

13 hours ago, mattR said:

I am looking trough the entertainment options for my cruise in 2 weeks by comparing it to this upcoming weeks cruise with the same itinerary.

My main show entertainment is as follows:

Day 1 inTense Reserved

Day 2 365 Seasons on Ice Reserved and maybe Voices (not showing in planner but have a reservation)

Day 3  NOTHING   (inTENse offered but already reserved for day 1)

Day 4  NOTHING  (The Karate Kid movie playing in Royal Theater but don't consider a very old movie as main theater entertainment) (inTense and 365 offered but already reserved for other days)

Day 5 Headliner Jennifer Singer vocalist

Day 6 The effectors Reserved (not showing on Planner) (365 offered but already reserved day 2)

Day 7  NOTHING

I have never been on a cruise when there wasn't a show option every evening in the main theater.  That is always our night dinner and the show.  Am I missing something here is there really this huge of a lack of shows in the Royal Theater?

The schedule you posted is pretty accurate. You are correct...we found out that there were no shows in the Royal Theater on most nights.

We are currently onboard the Wonder and have experienced this similar schedule. Fortunately for us, there were plenty of other choices to spend time after dinner: Jazz at Central Park, the Schooner Bar, the Pub, and listening to a wonderful band called "Centerpiece" in the Music Hall. The Royal Caribbean orchestra also played at different venues.

* The Aqua Theater show "Intense" was cancelled twice but re-scheduled.

* They also had 80's and 70's nights, Hush Party, balloon drop, the Quest, Love and Marriage show, and a parade in the promenade that we missed.

* My thoughts: On smaller ships, they would have the comedian as a headliner in the Royal Theater...but on the Wonder (and other Oasis class ships), the have the Comedy Club.

Happy sailing.:classic_smile:

I am going on Wonder again for the fourth time tomorrow. In my opinion the only shows worth attending are the Aqua show and ice skating show. I have yet to watch a “must see” show in the theater on Wonder and Voices is the worst production show I have seen on any RCI ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, mattR said:

Just the regular entertainment cuts!

4 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

It’s definitely not as good as the one on Utopia. That is easily the best Aqua show I have seen on any ship. 

Problem is when go on same Ships, been on same 4 over 100+ times and unfortunate part is get same 2 Production shows for Decade plus. Even with guest performers once in while I'll see one that was on a Ship in the 90's-early 2000's, funny thing is many times their show is also still the same as 30yrs ago... Watched Video of Utopias and agree.

Haven't sailed RC in many years and booked a cruise with DH and DD (18) for January, so I have been taking advantage of all the great info on these boards.

How do I go about reserving seats for shows on "Harmony OTS"?  Are there any other tips that I may need to know about?  Thank you!

Show reservations will open sometime before sailing, there does not appear to be any good way to guess when exactly this will be.  I've seen people say 30-60 days.  Our Harmony August 25th sailing had reservations open on June 21.  I think I saw the next sailing (Sept. 1) didn't open until a few weeks before the cruise left.

You are reserving a space, not a specific seat.  There will typically be two lines, a reservation line and a non-reservation (standby) line.  Reservations were allowed in 30 minutes before (maybe up to 45, I'm not certain on initial opening time).  Non-reservation were allowed in ~15 minutes before showtime, so even with a reservation you likely want to be there at least that early.  Most shows you can get in without a reservation (the adult comedy show which is in a smaller club venue generally seems the least likely to get into without reservation).  

For Harmony 7-day sailings there will be:

Grease

1887 (Ice Show, I may not be exact on the name/date)

Fine Line (Aqua Show)

Columbus (Main theatre Royal musical production)

Adult Comedy

We just check daily to see if reservations have opened yet, sometimes someone will post in the Roll Call on this site when they see them open.  Shows largely follow the same schedule on the same itineraries, so you could look at reviews of similar cruises to see if someone posts a picture of the schedule or go into the app and set it to the current cruise (person icon --> Select a Different Cruise --> Don't See Your Cruise / Let's Add it Now). I went through ahead of time, wrote down all the times, and had it planned out before shows opened so we didn't have to optimize vs. dining time on the fly.

There was a second ice show (iSkate) and second aqua show (Big Daddy's Heist) later in the cruise that didn't have reservations, you just walk in (I assume those timeslots may be held in case the main show for the venue needs to be rescheduled).

There are some activities that don't appear in the app until after you board, for example, there are free ice-skating times you can book sometime after getting on the ship. 

If you have multiple cruise booking reservations they can be linked together and one person can book for everyone (or they can do it themselves).  I recall doing the reservations on the website was easier than the app.

A final note, if you weren't aware, the app is heavily used these days for Royal, if you don't have it, you'll want to download it (well, you may not "want" to download it, but it is largely expected you will have it).