Deal alert - Solo Travelers

30 minutes ago, chfenton said:

I agree with the theory that pricing was getting crazy and they need to find ways to sell cabins.  I know its just one data point, but we had booked on Wonder a ~$8K sky class suite and at the time of our initial booking the Royal Loft suite was well over $30K for the week.  Given its a fall week when most kids are in school - it appears to me someone at corporate or more likely the computer algorithm realized they weren't going to sell it at that price or anything close and we were awarded it in the Royal up bid program for less than half the original cost more than a month before sailing.

I posted a month ago insides on adventure 8 days to Bermuda leaving tomorrow went down to around $850 total all in. Plus obc. Twice they raised the prices up a tad and offered obc to grt you to book. I was already booked and nothing I could do except wish I'd waited to book. 

Yesterday I was pricing oasis feb 1, 2026, way out and solo for a 6 day JS was $2,499 total for oasis. Bellas 3.5 is why I was looking, im already booked. Saw a nice suite out of pc on wonder dec 1 but it's now gone. Cheaper than I've seen in a long time. It's the same date as the presidents cruise which imo is why wonder was cheaper that one date for wonder. Same port. Just barely past final payment. There are deals on lower and higher end cabins. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I posted a month ago insides on adventure 8 days to Bermuda leaving tomorrow went down to around $850 total all in. Plus obc. Twice they raised the prices up a tad and offered obc to grt you to book. I was already booked and nothing I could do except wish I'd waited to book. 

Yesterday I was pricing oasis feb 1, 2026, way out and solo for a 6 day JS was $2,499 total for oasis. Bellas 3.5 is why I was looking, im already booked. Saw a nice suite out of pc on wonder dec 1 but it's now gone. Cheaper than I've seen in a long time. It's the same date as the presidents cruise which imo is why wonder was cheaper that one date for wonder. Same port. Just barely past final payment. There are deals on lower and higher end cabins. 

Have a wonderful cruise Jane!
Bermuda is beautiful and I am sure you will love it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ken at the beach said:

There is no solo supplement on these sailings so yes the price is less than what it would be using your DP340 discount that has a 150% solo supplement

Not to nick pick, but you should have indicated the reason in your opening post.  My takeaway from the initial post was that the indicated sails were fully booked, therefore no solo supplement available.

3 hours ago, Ken at the beach said:

Not necessarily.  You are getting double points because you are paying for more than 1 guest.  In this case you are only paying for 1 guest.

I know things may have changed, but I did several bookings for Oct and Dec 2021 with no solo supplement and received the extra solo point + the double points promo.

• Like 2

Interesting in that the CAS balcony discount appears to be combinable, at least for Oasis Nov. 7 2024.

FL Pinnacle rate $432.77 ($0 OBC) for a 5D balcony

5D BOGO60 NRD , Balc Suite NRD , Resident NRD , Singles NRD

FL No CAS rate $499.77 ($50 OBC) for a 5D balcony

5D BOGO60 NRD , Resident NRD , Singles NRD , OBC NRD

2 hours ago, Ken at the beach said:

I would not count on it since you only paid for one person and there was no additional supplement

Historically as long as "Singles NRD" appears on the booking then double points applies. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Not to nick pick, but you should have indicated the reason in your opening post.  My takeaway from the initial post was that the indicated sails were fully booked, therefore no solo supplement available.

Sorry you misunderstood what no single supplement meant.

• Haha 11

18 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

Sorry you misunderstood what no single supplement meant.

I know exactly what the promo is and applicable as I use on all my bookings outside the restricted periods.

A bit more clarity needed on your topic and posts. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I know exactly what the promo is and applicable as I use on all my bookings outside the restricted periods.

When the title of the thread says "Deal Alert" and then it says "no solo supplement" it is pretty self explanatory

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

When the title of the thread says "Deal Alert" and then it says "no solo supplement" it is pretty self explanatory

I was in the process of posting this.  😄

I personally thought it was clear with the subject saying "Deal Alert - Solo Travelers" and the post saying "No single supplement on these 2 sailings".  But of course, YMMV.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

To me this is more evidence that the crazy price hikes we were seeing ran into a wall ...There are last minute deals again.

As you know from several previous threads in recent weeks, this has been happening for several years. It's just now recently you're noticing it because you're actually looking for it, so you think it's something new.

6 hours ago, chfenton said:

I agree with the theory that pricing was getting crazy and they need to find ways to sell cabins.  

Again, this has been happening for years. This is totally normal and has been occurring on most of the sailings I have booked after final payment date, and for less money than the original deployment offering. 

edit: predominantly for the lower priced cabins such as interior and OV.

Edited by Hoopster95

3 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

As you know from several previous threads in recent weeks, this has been happening for several years. It's just now recently you're noticing it because you're actually looking for it, so you think it's something new.

Again, this has been happening for years. This is totally normal and has been occurring on most of the sailings I have booked after final payment date, and for less money than the original deployment offering. 

edit: predominantly for the lower priced cabins such as interior and OV.

Anecdotally I know, but in my experience it seems to me that a few years ago, the Royal Loft Suite would not be awarded to a Royal Up bid almost 6 weeks before sailing- awarding the highest priced suite on the ship that far out has only occurred recently in my experience but again, of course, not enough data points to be statistically significant.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nelblu said:

I thought it was perfectly clear.🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

At least in the case of Oasis it's an odd 3 nighter, leaving Thursday, back on Sunday.  That means a lot of weekenders can't book it without more time off work.  It's immediately after a TA so they are doing it to bring Oasis into sync for her regular home port rotation. 

The odd departure day of the week means deals for us.

• Like 4

On 9/12/2024 at 7:24 AM, Ken at the beach said:

There is no solo supplement on these sailings so yes the price is less than what it would be using your DP340 discount that has a 150% solo supplement

Already booked on this cruise. I checked the price I paid for a balcony cabin compared to the present price. My travel agent, who provides outstanding service and is articulate, had a lower group rate(tax included) than at present. Saves me an email to him seeking an upgrade.

Edited by meadowlander
  • Like 1

Booked OA.  Pretty great rate for an unusual cabin.  The reduced single supplement is very real.  Saved a bunch compared to what two would pay.  

Yesterday there was a super cheap solo GTY for both interior and OV.  Those increased ~$30 today, but still attractive.  

For 2024 it’s a bargain and still available in many categories.  4D balconies became available today.  

On 9/12/2024 at 7:41 AM, Ken at the beach said:

I would not count on it since you only paid for one person and there was no additional supplement

I cruised B2B on Majesty in 2019 (anyone remember Hurricane Dorian? Yeah, that cruise!) with no single supplement (which means that I only paid for one person, since someone is having difficulty understanding the concept of "no single supplement" in the context of a deal alert thread).  

I got double points and then some for that cruise, because they changed the two 5-day cruises into a 7-day and a 3-day.  They gave me 14 points for the first cruise (that was supposed to be a 5-day and ended up being a 7-day), and 10 points for the second cruise (that was supposed to be a 5-day and ended up being a 3-day). 

So the computer doesn't seem to be paying attention to whether you paid extra, only whether you cruised solo in a double room.

• Like 1