Jim_Iain - Live from Oceania Regatta - September 14 Vancouver to Los Angeles

Jim_Iain

5 hours ago, durberville said:

How do the “food and wine pairings” on the menu work? I’ve never read anything about them. I assume they have an up charge? 

There’s no upcharge if you have a beverage package. The pairing menu suggests a wine to complement each course. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Upper Suite menu to choose 6 bottles from

IMG_5626.thumb.jpeg.91b1b486cd1e5f7c9a7cf2d1d4f53322.jpeg

IMG_5625.thumb.jpeg.c2b82dea46f13f3c03297d64658b9a3c.jpeg

A bit underwhelming. On X upper suites as well as on Scenic Johnny Walker Black is an option.  Hopefully that will be available in our beverage package as we are only in a PH for our first Oceania cruise in December.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, golfguyhhi said:

abbydancer2003,

Go to You Tube and type "Azamara" in the search line, then take your pick of a bunch of full ship and cabin by cabin video tours.

I absolute love YouTube... I think I spend more time watching videos on various subjects than I do watching regular TV programs!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

There’s no upcharge if you have a beverage package. The pairing menu suggests a wine to complement each course. 

I don't pay a lot of attention to the left side of the menu with the Wine Pairing, but isn't there some wines that are not on the By the Glass menu? 

I always love following along with you Jim. Your pictures are so vibrant and beautiful. Friends of mine sailed with Oceania a few years back and they were in their late 50’s. They raved about it. 

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!

8 minutes ago, ORV said:

I don't pay a lot of attention to the left side of the menu with the Wine Pairing, but isn't there some wines that are not on the By the Glass menu? 

Thx for following up on this. Let’s hope some current cruisers will look into this and report back .

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, as3369 said:

I absolute love YouTube... I think I spend more time watching videos on various subjects than I do watching regular TV programs!

The bet way ever to see what you need before you go............

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

The bet way ever to see what you need before you go............

Along with these boards, sometimes I have research anxiety...LOL.  Just booked the Oceania Marina 24 days South America & Antarctica for Jan 2026.  So my YouTube feed is going to be very heavy on this topic!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, as3369 said:

Along with these boards, sometimes I have research anxiety...LOL.  Just booked the Oceania Marina 24 days South America & Antarctica for Jan 2026.  So my YouTube feed is going to be very heavy on this topic!

We did that trip on Azamara in 2020 just before the world stopped. It is one of my favorite cruises.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, as3369 said:

We just did that this past Jan/Feb. Fabulous

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ORV said:

We just did that this past Jan/Feb. Fabulous

Awesome.  This will be the longest and most expensive cruise we have sailed to date, but you only live once!  My favorite cruise up to this point was on Celebrity Flora to the Galapagos for the truly remarkable experience.  Best Cruise Ship so far has been Regent Splendor which we are sailing again in April.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, as3369 said:

We are doing that on the Marina for 18 days next March.

• Like 1

We had an 8:30 reservation and Polo was much busier than Toscana.   We did have a short 5 minute wait while they prepared a table AFT facing the slanted windows.   Felt really cozy and quiet.   

IMG_5900.thumb.jpeg.947cc0935791097ad8764928993422ff.jpeg

IMG_5902.thumb.jpeg.f7c527b4ec0351ad2b0c3ba7fd9864db.jpeg

IMG_5903.thumb.jpeg.bc5647bc2b2dd4db4a3d3c8ee449fb19.jpeg

IMG_5905.thumb.jpeg.e80e6bb7197f3272790a582cde4f1942.jpeg

Unlike Toscana when we left at 10PM  there were still about 10 tables with guest finishing off their evening.

The lighting is a bright as Toscana but looks a bit darker as Toscan has a white palate and Polo a wood clubby look.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 9

18 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Bar Menu fro Horizon

IMG_5698.thumb.jpeg.8652759773d4280e38ea7f8773994c6e.jpeg

IMG_5697.thumb.jpeg.93a0ad13d65ceeedb8ea46682e609c2e.jpeg

IMG_5696.thumb.jpeg.ed9c7d8b6c657240d8da418b1bb85861.jpeg

The Botanist is one of my favorite Gins. Was thrilled it was on the ship, disappointed that it was not on the 6 bottle suite list. You are correct. Martinis Bar has a great selection of liquor.

16 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Thanks so much for the advise -  Wasn't aware that it was included with the beverage package.   Will have to let Iain know.

9 hours ago, flviking said:

A bit underwhelming. On X upper suites as well as on Scenic Johnny Walker Black is an option.  Hopefully that will be available in our beverage package as we are only in a PH for our first Oceania cruise in December.

I haven't researched and didn't know the choices until aboard.   I will ask our butler when I seem him next.

8 hours ago, Travelexpert35 said:

I always love following along with you Jim. Your pictures are so vibrant and beautiful. Friends of mine sailed with Oceania a few years back and they were in their late 50’s. They raved about it. 

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!

I've been noticing a bit younger of demographics today.   Not sure where they have been hiding. ... Still 70+%   over 70.   Have noticed 3 families with pre-school age children.