Swapping items in your Elite mini bar setup

ddvgww

20 hours ago, julia said:

I will absolutely NOT accept those sugary, fizzy, cans of carbonated crap!! Princess could easily avoid all of the "swapping out" by simply having us choose in the personalizer.

What seems simple to you is not.

Custom minibar order for x amount of cabins vs standard (same) minibar order for x amount of cabins.  One is easy, one is not. 

• Like 3

On 9/25/2024 at 12:21 PM, julia said:

I will absolutely NOT accept those sugary, fizzy, cans of carbonated crap!! Princess could easily avoid all of the "swapping out" by simply having us choose in the personalizer.

I think that’s too much work for them. The practical option would be to offer a discount on the plus or premier package or an OBC. All this trading of minibar items is a mess.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mara4166 said:

I think it more likely they will stop allowing any changes rather than selecting before the cruise.  On cruises with a lot of elites it must take quite a bit of effort to make all of the swaps on turn around day.

I've always wondered why that isn't something you could specify in your check-in, like the bed preference (twins or together) or robes or no robes etc.  How hard is that?  Nothing we say here changes anything anyway.  Just a symptom of a company that no longer values passengers.

Just now, RRFan said:

I've always wondered why that isn't something you could specify in your check-in, like the bed preference (twins or together) or robes or no robes etc.  How hard is that?  Nothing we say here changes anything anyway.  Just a symptom of a company that no longer values passengers.

The extra effort to allow advance selection would not gain Princess anything and probably cause more anger if they ran out of a particular miniature alcohol type (or soft drink type).  There is no added revenue and more work when trying to get room ready for new passengers.

The Elite Perk is a complimentary mini bar setup, not a customized minibar swapped out with what you want. The swapping out does cause extra work that currently Princess are willing to do.  I think too many people take it for granted and assume a customized setup is part of their elite perk.  They will be very upset if swapping stops or the types of drinks available change (e.g. sugar laden cocktails in a tin). 

Hopefully it will not change, but it looks like the options might be changing on some ships

• Like 6

3 hours ago, RRFan said:

It's not hard.  They make a lot of work for themselves by not offering you to select what you want ahead of time.  They have to put it together anyway.  Now for some/many cabins they are making 2 trips. 

1 minute ago, kywildcatfanone said:

It's not hard.  They make a lot of work for themselves by not offering you to select what you want ahead of time.  They have to put it together anyway.  Now for some/many cabins they are making 2 trips. 

Maybe they'll just say in the future no changes to the minibar. Then they are one and done. 

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

They are putting together the options for each cabin regardless.

Yes right now I have 4 boxes of booze grab  2 from each box snd done. Otherwise I have to pull each person request and then probably can’t even have all the things people request. Time consuming and if they don’t have what you want then you are going to call anyway 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mara4166 said:

The extra effort to allow advance selection would not gain Princess anything and probably cause more anger if they ran out of a particular miniature alcohol type (or soft drink type).  There is no added revenue and more work when trying to get room ready for new passengers.

The Elite Perk is a complimentary mini bar setup, not a customized minibar swapped out with what you want. The swapping out does cause extra work that currently Princess are willing to do.  I think too many people take it for granted and assume a customized setup is part of their elite perk.  They will be very upset if swapping stops or the types of drinks available change (e.g. sugar laden cocktails in a tin). 

Hopefully it will not change, but it looks like the options might be changing on some ships

This. A thousand times, this. The angst over not being able to swap for a coffee card - given Princess discontinued the coffee package - is still brought up by those lamenting Elite perk "cuts". Even though that was a courtesy, not the actual perk. The minibar set-up - whatever Princess seems it to be (as it's not specific in the perk listings) - IS the perk. It's been a courtesy to allow swapping, of any of it..  if they decided to stop that completely - it doesn't change the perk , or constitue a cut of perks - as the perk is the one time minibar set-up... 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, RRFan said:

Maybe once they actually get the app working correctly, it might be an options. For now it's just easier to exchange the unwanted items. Especially since many people just accept what they've been given. 

On 9/26/2024 at 8:55 AM, Mara4166 said:

I think it more likely they will stop allowing any changes rather than selecting before the cruise.  On cruises with a lot of elites it must take quite a bit of effort to make all of the swaps on turn around day.

So far there is no problem switching out mini bar items...and we always have it by the second day.

47 minutes ago, suzyed said:

So far there is no problem switching out mini bar items...and we always have it by the second day.

We got off Crown 6 days ago.  Not only wouldn't they swap out tiny Alc.bottles for a bottle of wine?  But they made it such a hardship for my Plat. spouse ( I wasn't in the room) that we ended up with about 15 bottles of water instead of Alcohol bottles and soda cans in minifridge. Don't ask me how this transpired, except to say there seemed to be no other choice.😑

Speaking of alcohol, I Never got a proper 24K margarita.  I've had them on every ship, and either ALL Crown bartenders are new? Or their removing an ingrediant and adding more mix?

I don't stray much from my 24k Margarita.... that was disappointing.😕

Edited by CalLuvsCrusingToo